|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the nursery cost in comparison to the rest of the house?
(a) One-half as much
(b) One third as much
(c) Twice as much
(d) Thrice as much
2. How many children are there in the family?
3. Who says, “It’s just that the nursery is different now than it was before”?
(a) The husband
(b) Peter Hadley
(c) The psychologist
(d) The wife
4. What are the lions doing when Dr. McClean walks in?
(a) They are finishing feeding and walking to the waterhole
(b) They are hunting
(c) They are grooming each other
(d) They are sleeping
5. Who says, “I don’t want to do anything but look and listen and smell; what else is there to do”?
6. What does the wife want the husband to take a look at?
(a) The nursery
(b) The furnace
(c) The stove
(d) The front door
7. What is described as, “It was empty as a jungle glade at hot high noon”?
(a) The backyard
(b) The outside
(c) The kitchen
(d) The nursery
8. What does Dr.McClean say that George has become?
(a) An angel
(b) A troll
(c) A scrooge
(d) A santa
9. What is the nursery a reflection of?
(a) Books the children read
(b) The children’s psyches
(c) The good things in society
(d) The bad things in society
10. What have Peter and Wendy had for dinner at the carnival?
(a) They have had protein smoothies
(b) Hot dogs and strawberry ice cream
(c) Bread and butter
(d) They have not had dinner yet
11. What are the children doing when Dr. McClean arrives?
(a) Eating lunch in what looks like an open glade in the nursery
(b) Having a formal dinner in the dinging room
(c) Playing video games on the wall TVs in the living room
(d) Napping in their beds
12. Which word is used to describe the hallway?
13. How do the children tell their parents that they won’t be home for dinner?
(a) They just come home late
(b) They called on a cellular phone
(c) They transported an image of themselves
(d) They “televised” home to say they’d be late
14. What has happened to the parents at the end of the story?
(a) Nothing happens, because despite Dr.McClean’s suggestions no changes are made
(b) George and Lydia pack up their children and leave the house forever
(c) The parents take the family on a vacation to Iowa
(d) George and Lydia have been killed by lions by the will of their children
15. What do George and Lydia notice about the screams?
(a) They sound really close
(b) They don’t sound human
(c) They sound familiar
(d) They sound really far away
Short Answer Questions
1. What do George and Lydia hear while they are lying in bed?
2. What has just been eating in the nursery?
3. What has the room become a channel for?
4. What do the beds “try” to do?
5. From whose perspective is the story told?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)