|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has just been eating in the nursery?
(a) Their children
(d) No one and nothing has been eating in the nursery. The parents don’t allow it.
2. What does Peter admit to?
(a) Sneaking out of the house
(b) Conjuring up Africa
(c) Re-programming the house systems
(d) Secretly taking the trip to New York
3. What do the beds “try” to do?
(a) Nothing; they are just beds
(b) Wake them up
(c) Tell them that they didn’t hear anything
(d) Rock Lydia and George to sleep
4. What turns on and off as they walk through the house?
(a) The heat
(c) The lights
(d) Television walls
5. When George walks into the nursery with the children, what is there?
(a) The African veldt
(b) Rima, and a lovely lush green forest
(c) Nothing; the walls are blank
(d) The Grand Canyon
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the parents at the end of the story?
2. What does Wendy offer Dr.McClean?
3. What does Dr. McClean state as one of the original uses of the nursery?
4. When was The Veldt published?
5. How does the nursery create scenes?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)