|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When George walks into the nursery with the children, what is there?
(a) The Grand Canyon
(b) Nothing; the walls are blank
(c) Rima, and a lovely lush green forest
(d) The African veldt
2. When Lydia sits down in the chair, what does it do?
(a) Offers her a cup of coffee
(b) It does nothing; it is a chair
(c) It rocks and comforts her
(d) Puts a blanket on her
3. What form of writing is The Veldt?
(a) A novella
(b) A poem
(c) A short story
(d) A novel
4. How do they get to their bedrooms?
(a) In an air closet that sucks them up to their sleeping chambers
(b) By telepathically transporting
(c) Through a wall in the nursery
(d) By taking the stairs
5. What does Dr. McClean think that the room has become more important than?
(a) The children’s real mother and father
(b) The children’s real friends
(c) The children’s relationship with each other
(d) The children’s attendance at school
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the nursery create scenes?
2. What does Dr.McClean find on the floor?
3. How much did the nursery cost in comparison to the rest of the house?
4. What do the beds “try” to do?
5. What doesn’t Dr. McClean think “feels good”?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)