|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. McClean state as one of the original uses of the nursery?
(a) So that we could study patterns left on the walls by the child’s mind, study at our leisure and help the child
(b) To fill their minds with knowledge of the world
(c) To watch the children so that the adults may live their lives
(d) To entertain the children
2. What do the beds “try” to do?
(a) Tell them that they didn’t hear anything
(b) Rock Lydia and George to sleep
(c) Wake them up
(d) Nothing; they are just beds
3. Complete the sentence: “…the walls began to ________ and recede into __________distance…”?
(a) Talk / far
(b) Purr / crystalline
(c) Argue / dark
(d) Shimmer / blinding
4. Where are the lions going?
(a) To the watering hole
(b) To eat
(c) To bed down for night time
(d) To hunt
5. How do the children tell their parents that they won’t be home for dinner?
(a) They “televised” home to say they’d be late
(b) They transported an image of themselves
(c) They just come home late
(d) They called on a cellular phone
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr.McClean find on the floor?
2. When was The Veldt published?
3. What turns on and off as they walk through the house?
4. Who says, “It’s just that the nursery is different now than it was before”?
5. What has the room become a channel for?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)