|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the following: “But I thought that’s why we bought this house, so we wouldn’t have to do anything?”
2. Who thinks Wendy changed the nursery from a veldt to a forest?
(a) Both George and Lydia
3. What does Dr. McClean suggest George and Lydia do to change the path they’re on?
(a) Nothing. Your life is a like a dream
(b) Nothing. You’re on the right path
(c) Burn the house down
(d) Turn everything off. Start new
4. What is supposed to help the children “work off their neuroses in a healthful way”?
(a) The nursery
(b) Their designated nap times
(c) Their robot friends
(d) Their special school
5. Who comes home late smelling like ozone?
(b) George and Lydia
(c) Max and Ruby
(d) Peter and Wendy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who initially suggests that the family take a vacation and “shut the house off”?
2. To whom does the item belong?
3. What has happened to the parents at the end of the story?
4. What are the lions doing when Dr. McClean walks in?
5. What are the children’s names?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)