|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the wife’s name?
2. What is “busy humming it to itself” in the opening paragraphs?
(a) The robot maid
(b) The baby
(c) The nursery
(d) The stove
3. What is David McClean?
(a) A psychologist
(b) A machinist
(c) A computer repairman
(d) A physician
4. Who says the following: “But nothing’s too good for our children”?
5. What has happened to the parents at the end of the story?
(a) The parents take the family on a vacation to Iowa
(b) Nothing happens, because despite Dr.McClean’s suggestions no changes are made
(c) George and Lydia pack up their children and leave the house forever
(d) George and Lydia have been killed by lions by the will of their children
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Peter and Wendy had for dinner at the carnival?
2. When George walks into the nursery with the children, what is there?
3. What trembles as if “something had jumped against it”?
4. Who initially suggests that the family take a vacation and “shut the house off”?
5. What do the beds “try” to do?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)