|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is “busy humming it to itself” in the opening paragraphs?
(a) The stove
(b) The nursery
(c) The robot maid
(d) The baby
2. What has happened to the parents at the end of the story?
(a) The parents take the family on a vacation to Iowa
(b) George and Lydia pack up their children and leave the house forever
(c) Nothing happens, because despite Dr.McClean’s suggestions no changes are made
(d) George and Lydia have been killed by lions by the will of their children
3. What is Lydia’s initial solution?
(a) To lock the nursery for a few days until her nerves are settled
(b) To tear the room down
(c) To do nothing; the children will throw a fit
(d) To get rid of the machines
4. What do George and Lydia hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) Their children whispering
(b) Lions roaring
(c) Two screams
(d) The front door opening and closing
5. What are the children doing when Dr. McClean arrives?
(a) Having a formal dinner in the dinging room
(b) Napping in their beds
(c) Playing video games on the wall TVs in the living room
(d) Eating lunch in what looks like an open glade in the nursery
Short Answer Questions
1. When George walks into the nursery with the children, what is there?
2. What does Dr. McClean say children prefer?
3. What does Dr. McClean suggest George and Lydia do to change the path they’re on?
4. What does George offer David McClean?
5. Why does Lydia bolt and run?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)