|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word is used to describe the hallway?
2. Who says, “There’s no Africa in the nursery”?
3. What does George try to conjure to get rid of the veldt?
(a) The prairie grasses of the Great Plains
(b) Rima and the jungle
(c) Aladdin and his lamp
(d) His favorite childhood fishing spot
4. What is supposed to help the children “work off their neuroses in a healthful way”?
(a) The nursery
(b) Their robot friends
(c) Their special school
(d) Their designated nap times
5. What is “busy humming it to itself” in the opening paragraphs?
(a) The baby
(b) The robot maid
(c) The stove
(d) The nursery
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, “I don’t want to do anything but look and listen and smell; what else is there to do”?
2. How long will it take to make “good children out of bad”?
3. Who thinks Wendy changed the nursery from a veldt to a forest?
4. What does George offer David McClean?
5. When Mr. and Mrs. Hadley scream, they realize why the screams they heard before sound familiar. Why is this?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)