|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn’t Dr. McClean think “feels good”?
(a) The nursery
(b) The carpet under his feet
(c) George’s emotions
(d) The emotion of the paint colors the Hadley’s chose
2. Who says: “Nothing likes to die—even a room”?
(a) George Hadley
(b) Peter Hadley
(c) Lydia Hadley
(d) David McCLean
3. Who does the wife want the husband to call, and for what reason?
(a) A plumber to look at the clogged bathtub
(b) A furnace repairman to fix the heat
(c) A contractor to stop the leaking roof
(d) A psychologist to take a look at the nursery
4. How much did they pay for their home?
5. How do they get to their bedrooms?
(a) By telepathically transporting
(b) In an air closet that sucks them up to their sleeping chambers
(c) Through a wall in the nursery
(d) By taking the stairs
Short Answer Questions
1. What point of view is The Veldt told from?
2. What has just been eating in the nursery?
3. Where do George and Lydia believe Wendy and Peter are?
4. Who says the following: “But I thought that’s why we bought this house, so we wouldn’t have to do anything?”
5. This is an example of what type of figurative language: “…and the yellow of them was in your eyes like the yellow of an exquisite French tapestry…”?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)