|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do George and Lydia hear while they are lying in bed?
(a) Two screams
(b) Their children whispering
(c) Lions roaring
(d) The front door opening and closing
2. What does Wendy offer Dr.McClean?
(a) A cup of coffee
(b) A scone and jam
(c) A ham and cheese sandwich
(d) A cup of tea
3. How do the children react to the nursery being turned off?
(a) They act indifferent, as if they don’t care
(b) They scream and cry, and throw a tantrum
(c) They try to blackmail their parents into turning it back on
(d) They threaten their parents with violence
4. What do the beds “try” to do?
(a) Rock Lydia and George to sleep
(b) Nothing; they are just beds
(c) Tell them that they didn’t hear anything
(d) Wake them up
5. What doesn’t Dr. McClean think “feels good”?
(a) The emotion of the paint colors the Hadley’s chose
(b) George’s emotions
(c) The nursery
(d) The carpet under his feet
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, “It’s just that the nursery is different now than it was before”?
2. Who initially suggests that the family take a vacation and “shut the house off”?
3. What are the lions doing when Dr. McClean walks in?
4. What is described as, “It was empty as a jungle glade at hot high noon”?
5. What does Dr. McClean think that the room has become more important than?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)