|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Veldt.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the room become a channel for?
(c) Destructive thoughts
2. What trembles as if “something had jumped against it”?
(a) Lydia’s heart
(b) The dining room table
(c) The door to the nursery
(d) The entire house
3. When Mr. and Mrs. Hadley scream, they realize why the screams they heard before sound familiar. Why is this?
(a) The screams sounded familiar because they heard them repeatedly
(b) They were hearing the screams of their children
(c) They were hearing their neighbor’s screams
(d) They were hearing their own screams
4. What are the dimensions of the nursery?
(a) 20 feet across X 40 feet long X 30 feet high
(b) 40 feet across X 40 feet long X 30 feet high
(c) 10 feet across X 15 feet long X 12 feet high
(d) 40 feet across X 40 feet long X 10 feet high
5. What does Lydia hear that George does not?
(a) Classical music
(c) A scream
(d) Their children calling them
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the parents think the children have been acting funny?
2. What are the lions doing when Dr. McClean walks in?
3. What is the wife’s name?
4. The following morning, what does Peter ask his father?
5. What does Dr.McClean say that George has become?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)