Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
2. What, more than ever, made Jondalar suspect Ayla was a donii?
3. What surprised Jondalar regarding flatheads?
4. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
5. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
Essay Topic 1
Consider Ayla's fears regarding the Others. Are her fears well founded? Why or why not? What is unlikely to happen to Ayla that the Clan often became the victims of?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jondalar's inability to love. What was likely responsible for this? Do you believe in the concept of one true love for each person? Why or why not? What is the author's position on true love? How can the reader tell?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ayla's relationship with Whinney. How did this relationship likely bring her through some tough times? Is Ayla's emotional attachment understandable, considering her situation? How is Ayla's relationship with Whinney different from present day relationships with horses?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)