|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point do older women choose younger men?
2. How did Jondalar make Ayla feel?
3. How did Ayla feel when Jondalar relieved himself?
4. What did Thonolan have?
5. What couldn't Jondalar match?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jondalar explain the word 'love' to Ayla?
2. Why did Ayla become so upset?
3. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
4. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
5. What did Jondalar admire about Ayla, and what had it taken to show him?
6. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
7. What argument did Ayla make for the people of the Clan not being animals?
8. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
9. What does Ayla explain about the cave lion totem?
10. What did the Clan consider as improper and why did Ayla question it? To what conclusion did Ayla come regarding this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities in the relationships of Jondalar and Thonolan. In what ways were the relationships different? What does the reader believe will unfold for Jondalar and Ayla in the future? Do you think their relationship will continue to parallel Thonolan's? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Consider Ayla's fears regarding the Others. Are her fears well founded? Why or why not? What is unlikely to happen to Ayla that the Clan often became the victims of?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Thonolan's infatuation with Jetamio. Was their relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? In what ways might their relationship have been better for the both of them, and why?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)