|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else had Jondalar told about Zolena?
2. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
3. What did Jondalar call Ayla's son?
4. What was Thonolan's drive to keep moving tainted with?
5. How did Jondalar feel about Serenio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jondalar consider about Ayla, and what brought about this decision?
2. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
3. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
4. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
5. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
6. What did Jondalar admire about Ayla, and what had it taken to show him?
7. What did Jondalar say about Ayla's donii?
8. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
9. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
10. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jondalar's inability to love. What was likely responsible for this? Do you believe in the concept of one true love for each person? Why or why not? What is the author's position on true love? How can the reader tell?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jondalar's gradual change in perception regarding the flatheads. What likely finished the transitional process between animals to humans in Jondalar's mind, and what outside source responsible for this shift? What does this change in perception foreshadow what will occur later on?
Essay Topic 3
Why wouldn't Serenio mate Jondalar? What were her reasons? Were they valid? Why or why not? What was Jondalar's reaction to her refusal?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)