|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gesture did Ayla give Thonolan's grave?
2. How did Jondalar make Ayla feel?
3. What did Ayla learn in Chapter 24 about the Others?
4. What did Ayla want to know from her cave lion totem?
5. What holds a part of Ayla's spirit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ayla become so upset?
2. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
3. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
4. Why wouldn't Jondalar stop loving Ayla?
5. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
6. What did the Clan consider as improper and why did Ayla question it? To what conclusion did Ayla come regarding this?
7. What did Jondalar consider about Ayla, and what brought about this decision?
8. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
9. What did Jondalar say about Ayla's donii?
10. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the relationship between Ayla, Baby and Whinney. How is this similar to a multi-pet household? In what ways was Ayla's relationship different from anything that is around in present day? What specific traits are important to note regarding the domesticated animals?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ayla's relationship with Whinney. How did this relationship likely bring her through some tough times? Is Ayla's emotional attachment understandable, considering her situation? How is Ayla's relationship with Whinney different from present day relationships with horses?
Essay Topic 3
What was Ayla's motivation for keeping order in her cave? How might Ayla have fared if she didn't keep such order? How might Jondalar have fared? Who did she learn organization from, and why was it necessary?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)