Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
2. What, more than ever, made Jondalar suspect Ayla was a donii?
3. What surprised Jondalar regarding flatheads?
4. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
5. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the frequent innovation done by the characters throughout the novel. Was innovation likely to occur so fast? Why or why not? What kinds of situations would lead to innovative ways to solve a problem? How is Ayla's behavior indicative of this?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why Jean M. Auel may have decided to kill Thonolan off. What purpose did this destruction of a character play upon the developing plot of the book? Was this death necessary for plot development? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jondalar's gradual change in perception regarding the flatheads. What likely finished the transitional process between animals to humans in Jondalar's mind, and what outside source responsible for this shift? What does this change in perception foreshadow what will occur later on?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)