|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jondalar give away half the fish?
2. What did Ayla want to know from her cave lion totem?
3. What did Jondalar have to prove to himself before he would mate Serenio?
4. What was the texture of Jondalar's face?
5. Why did Jondalar believe what Ayla said regarding the flatheads?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
2. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
3. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
4. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
5. Why was Thonolan so stressed?
6. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
7. What did the Clan consider as improper and why did Ayla question it? To what conclusion did Ayla come regarding this?
8. How did Jondalar explain the word 'love' to Ayla?
9. What did Jondalar say about Ayla's donii?
10. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities in the relationships of Jondalar and Thonolan. In what ways were the relationships different? What does the reader believe will unfold for Jondalar and Ayla in the future? Do you think their relationship will continue to parallel Thonolan's? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thonolan's infatuation with Jetamio. Was their relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? In what ways might their relationship have been better for the both of them, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Ayla struggles to find her place in life, plagued by multiple insecurities and misconceptions. How is this struggle similar to that of women everywhere? What kinds of things can women learn from Ayla?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)