|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
2. What, more than ever, made Jondalar suspect Ayla was a donii?
3. What surprised Jondalar regarding flatheads?
4. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
5. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thonolan's infatuation with Jetamio. Was their relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? In what ways might their relationship have been better for the both of them, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ayla's relationship with Whinney. How did this relationship likely bring her through some tough times? Is Ayla's emotional attachment understandable, considering her situation? How is Ayla's relationship with Whinney different from present day relationships with horses?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ayla's preconceptions about the Others. Why did she fear meeting them, on some level? Why was she eager to meet them? What do the Other's represent to Ayla, on a deeper level?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)