|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jondalar feel about Serenio?
2. How did she distinguish plants?
3. What caused the cave lion to back into Ayla's lap?
4. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
5. What hadn't Ayla done?
Short Essay Questions
1. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
2. What does Ayla explain about the cave lion totem?
3. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
4. Why was Thonolan so stressed?
5. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
6. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
7. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
8. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
9. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
10. Why was Jondalar concerned that he might not bring Ayla Pleasure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ayla's preconceptions about the Others. Why did she fear meeting them, on some level? Why was she eager to meet them? What do the Other's represent to Ayla, on a deeper level?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationships between Clan and Others. How does each pursue the other? Provide reasons for this tension. How do people today still struggle with similar issues, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the relationship between Ayla, Baby and Whinney. How is this similar to a multi-pet household? In what ways was Ayla's relationship different from anything that is around in present day? What specific traits are important to note regarding the domesticated animals?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)