|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
2. What did Jondalar have to prove to himself before he would mate Serenio?
3. What had Jondalar thought the Clan was?
4. What did the hyena smell like?
5. What did Ayla perceive as the greatest of the Cave Lion's gifts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What innovation did Ayla make since Whinney had returned and what was the reason for this innovation?
2. What does Ayla explain about the cave lion totem?
3. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
4. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
5. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
6. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
7. Why did Ayla become so upset?
8. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
9. Why wouldn't Jondalar stop loving Ayla?
10. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Ayla's motivation for keeping order in her cave? How might Ayla have fared if she didn't keep such order? How might Jondalar have fared? Who did she learn organization from, and why was it necessary?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities in the relationships of Jondalar and Thonolan. In what ways were the relationships different? What does the reader believe will unfold for Jondalar and Ayla in the future? Do you think their relationship will continue to parallel Thonolan's? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ayla's preconceptions about the Others. Why did she fear meeting them, on some level? Why was she eager to meet them? What do the Other's represent to Ayla, on a deeper level?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)