Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
2. What, more than ever, made Jondalar suspect Ayla was a donii?
3. What surprised Jondalar regarding flatheads?
4. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
5. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationships between Clan and Others. How does each pursue the other? Provide reasons for this tension. How do people today still struggle with similar issues, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jondalar's gradual change in perception regarding the flatheads. What likely finished the transitional process between animals to humans in Jondalar's mind, and what outside source responsible for this shift? What does this change in perception foreshadow what will occur later on?
Essay Topic 3
Jondalar frequently pictures Ayla as a donii, or spirit of a Goddess. How does the spirituality of the people portrayed in the novel play a valid role in every day life for these people? Do you think humanity is better or worse off for the loss of this spirituality? Why?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)