Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Great Mother River called today?
2. Who was the woman that Jondalar was seeing?
3. Who antagonizes the flatheads?
4. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
5. What smell brought an instinctive fear to the horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
2. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
3. How did Ayla react to the valley?
4. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
5. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
6. Why did Jondalar panic in regard to the blood-soaked tunic?
7. What argument did Ayla make for the people of the Clan not being animals?
8. Why was Jondalar concerned that he might not bring Ayla Pleasure?
9. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
10. What transformation did Jetamio undergo when she smiled, and what impression did Jondalar get from that smile?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thonolan's infatuation with Jetamio. Was their relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? In what ways might their relationship have been better for the both of them, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the similarities in the relationships of Jondalar and Thonolan. In what ways were the relationships different? What does the reader believe will unfold for Jondalar and Ayla in the future? Do you think their relationship will continue to parallel Thonolan's? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Ayla struggles to find her place in life, plagued by multiple insecurities and misconceptions. How is this struggle similar to that of women everywhere? What kinds of things can women learn from Ayla?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)