|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
2. How long had the boat turned out to be?
3. What smell brought an instinctive fear to the horses?
4. What did Thonolan perceive the pretty girl to be?
5. What was the problem with fording the channels?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Ayla been embarrassed?
2. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
3. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
4. What events led to Ayla making fire with flint and iron pyrite?
5. What did the old woman throw on the ground, and how did Jondalar react to it?
6. How did Ayla react to the valley?
7. What is the Malaise?
8. Who was Iza and what had she told Ayla on the night that she died?
9. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
10. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Jondalar's gradual change in perception regarding the flatheads. What likely finished the transitional process between animals to humans in Jondalar's mind, and what outside source responsible for this shift? What does this change in perception foreshadow what will occur later on?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Thonolan's infatuation with Jetamio. Was their relationship a healthy one? Why or why not? In what ways might their relationship have been better for the both of them, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Consider Ayla's fears regarding the Others. Are her fears well founded? Why or why not? What is unlikely to happen to Ayla that the Clan often became the victims of?
This section contains 1,668 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)