|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
(a) The same.
2. Who else had Jondalar told about Zolena?
(a) No one.
3. What was Ayla's first observation regarding the wild cave lion cubs?
(a) How little exercise they got in the wild.
(b) How much smaller they were than Baby.
(c) How much less playful they were.
(d) How much more energetic they were than Baby.
4. What does Jondalar promise Ayla?
(a) That he won't go after her again.
(b) That he won't touch her again.
(c) That he won't bother her again.
(d) That he will leave her alone.
5. Why did Jondalar believe what Ayla said regarding the flatheads?
(a) She never lied to him.
(b) She defended her position with honor and conviction.
(c) She didn't speak untruths.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Baby never known that wild cubs had?
2. At what point do older women choose younger men?
3. How did the woman appear to Jondalar?
4. How old was Thonolan at his matrimonial?
5. What had Jondalar thought the Clan was?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
2. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
3. Why wouldn't Jondalar stop loving Ayla?
4. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
5. Why did Ayla's cave seem more lonely at this point than when she had first made it her home?
6. What did Jondalar say about Ayla's donii?
7. What did the Clan consider as improper and why did Ayla question it? To what conclusion did Ayla come regarding this?
8. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
9. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
10. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)