|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) An unaccustomed sense of freedom.
(d) An unaccountable sense of frustration.
2. What did Ayla perceive as the greatest of the Cave Lion's gifts?
(a) Her way with animals.
(b) Her ability to hunt.
(c) Her ability to learn new things.
3. What had disrupted Whinney's herd?
(a) The shift in barometric pressure.
(b) All of these.
(c) The untimely death of the stallion.
(d) The weather.
4. What did Jondalar tell himself regarding Ayla?
(a) She was a Zelandoni living alone to gain more understanding about herself.
(b) She had undertaken a vow of silence.
(c) She was foregoing Pleasures.
(d) All of these.
5. What had the lionesses brought down?
(a) A rhino in it's prime.
(b) Six deer.
(c) A young mammoth.
(d) An old mammoth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ayla feel when Jondalar relieved himself?
2. What was chamomile for?
3. What was Ayla's first observation regarding the wild cave lion cubs?
4. What interesting characteristic did Ayla note about Jondalar?
5. How did Ayla kill the bison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
2. What did Jondalar admire about Ayla, and what had it taken to show him?
3. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
4. What language did Jondalar teach Ayla, and what was the problem with it?
5. How did Jondalar explain the word 'love' to Ayla?
6. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
7. What main reason did Serenio give Jondalar to not mate him?
8. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
9. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
10. Why had Ayla been embarrassed?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)