|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does the chamois resemble?
(a) The big horned sheep.
(b) The mountain goat.
(c) The ibex.
(d) All of these.
2. Who does Jondalar love uninhibitedly?
(c) All of these.
3. How did Ayla move according to Jondalar?
(a) As though she was trying to tell him something.
(b) As though she didn't want him to see her.
(c) As though she didn't like him.
(d) As though she had to say something embarrassing.
4. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
(a) How to speak.
(b) Where he had come from.
(c) How he came to her valley.
(d) Whether or not he liked her.
5. What offer does Ayla make regarding the colt?
(a) Both of these.
(b) The potential to train him.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) The ability to name him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
2. What was Thonolan's drive to keep moving tainted with?
3. What made Whinney nervous?
4. Who was the last person that had given Jondalar the same satisfaction?
5. What did cave lions do during the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
2. How did Jondalar explain the word 'love' to Ayla?
3. What main reason did Serenio give Jondalar to not mate him?
4. What language did Jondalar teach Ayla, and what was the problem with it?
5. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
6. Why did Ayla's cave seem more lonely at this point than when she had first made it her home?
7. What did Jondalar say about Ayla's donii?
8. What argument did Ayla make for the people of the Clan not being animals?
9. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
10. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)