|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Ayla ask of Jondalar once he is done making the blades?
(a) If Jondalar would teach her how to do his technique.
(b) If she could try Jondalar's technique.
(c) If there is an objection to women making tools.
(d) If Jondalar knew any female tool makers.
2. What did the hyena smell like?
(a) Like stale urine.
(b) The dung he had last rolled in.
(c) Like wet dog.
(d) The carrion he'd last fed upon.
3. What did the two stones on his shoulders display to Ayla?
(a) His faith in her skill.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) His trust in her.
(d) Both of these.
4. How did Ayla feel when Jondalar relieved himself?
5. What made Whinney nervous?
(a) Ayla's attention elsewhere.
(b) None of these.
(c) The smell of blood within the cave.
(d) The smell of the strange man in the cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the chamois resemble?
2. What did Ayla want to know from her cave lion totem?
3. At what point in the year did Baby's absences become longer?
4. Whose dung did Baby like best?
5. What did Ayla perceive as the greatest of the Cave Lion's gifts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ayla explain about the cave lion totem?
2. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
3. Why had Ayla been embarrassed?
4. What language did Jondalar teach Ayla, and what was the problem with it?
5. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
6. What did Jondalar admire about Ayla, and what had it taken to show him?
7. What main reason did Serenio give Jondalar to not mate him?
8. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
9. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
10. What did Jondalar say about Ayla's donii?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)