|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holds a part of Ayla's spirit?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Ayla's amulet.
(c) The donii Jondalar carved.
(d) Both of these.
2. Why doesn't a donii usually have a face?
(a) The face of the Mother is unknowable.
(b) The face of a donii attracts the spirit.
(c) All of these.
(d) The Mother isn't invited into the figurine when there is a face.
3. What did Ayla use that wasn't a part of Jondalar's kit?
(a) An antler chisel.
(b) A hammer stone.
(c) A foot bone of a mammoth.
(d) All of these.
4. Who does Jondalar love uninhibitedly?
(a) All of these.
5. Why was Zolena no more?
(a) She had become First Among Those Who Serve.
(b) She had left on a Journey and never come back.
(c) She had gone to another cave.
(d) She had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jondalar notice is missing from Ayla's implements?
2. What made Whinney nervous?
3. How old was Thonolan at his matrimonial?
4. What did Jondalar think of naming the colt?
5. Who else had Jondalar told about Zolena?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the hardest concept for Jondalar to comprehend regarding the flatheads?
2. What language did Jondalar teach Ayla, and what was the problem with it?
3. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
4. Why wouldn't Jondalar stop loving Ayla?
5. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
6. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
7. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
8. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
9. What argument did Ayla make for the people of the Clan not being animals?
10. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)