|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jondalar make Ayla feel?
(b) Positively little.
2. What hadn't Ayla done?
(a) Proven Droog to be an inept tool maker.
(b) Let the Clan down.
(c) Let herself down.
(d) None of these.
3. Where did Jondalar attempt to convince Thonolan to go following Jetamio's death?
(c) East towards the mouth of the Great Mother river.
4. Why did Jondalar believe what Ayla said regarding the flatheads?
(a) She defended her position with honor and conviction.
(b) All of these.
(c) She never lied to him.
(d) She didn't speak untruths.
5. Who was the last person that had given Jondalar the same satisfaction?
(a) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jondalar's voice frustrate Ayla?
2. In what way did Jondalar surprise Ayla, and enjoy the surprise he had given her?
3. How did she distinguish plants?
4. What had Jondalar thought the Clan was?
5. Who had come up the mountain to fetch Thonolan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
2. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
3. Why did Ayla become so upset?
4. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
5. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
6. What innovation did Ayla make since Whinney had returned and what was the reason for this innovation?
7. What was the hardest concept for Jondalar to comprehend regarding the flatheads?
8. What did Jondalar consider about Ayla, and what brought about this decision?
9. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
10. How did Jondalar explain the word 'love' to Ayla?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)