|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What incident jolted Ayla into speech?
(a) Both of these.
(b) The nightmare.
(c) Her loneliness.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What had Jondalar thought the Clan was?
(a) A strange group of Zelandoni.
(b) All of these.
(c) A spiritual people.
(d) A people with different customs.
3. What did Jondalar's dream tell him?
(a) That flatheads were children of the Mother too.
(b) That Ayla wasn't to be vilified for her past.
(c) That Ayla was the beginning of everything right.
(d) That Ayla united the flatheads and the Others.
4. What did cave lions do during the summer?
(b) Look for a mate.
(d) Grow restless.
5. At what point in the year did Baby's absences become longer?
(a) Towards the end of summer.
(b) In spring.
(c) During summer.
(d) At the start of winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Thonolan at his matrimonial?
2. Why doesn't a donii usually have a face?
3. What was the only thing out of the ordinary about Ayla?
4. What was Ayla's first effort to communicate, and what was the first thing she managed to communicate?
5. What did Ayla perceive as the greatest of the Cave Lion's gifts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
2. What argument did Ayla make for the people of the Clan not being animals?
3. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
4. Why did Ayla's cave seem more lonely at this point than when she had first made it her home?
5. What did Jondalar consider about Ayla, and what brought about this decision?
6. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
7. How did Jondalar explain the word 'love' to Ayla?
8. What did the Clan consider as improper and why did Ayla question it? To what conclusion did Ayla come regarding this?
9. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
10. What language did Jondalar teach Ayla, and what was the problem with it?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)