|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture did Ayla give Thonolan's grave?
(a) "Walk with Ursus."
(b) "Be at peace."
(c) "May you return to Her."
(d) "May the Spirits guide you Home."
2. What had disrupted Whinney's herd?
(a) The weather.
(b) All of these.
(c) The shift in barometric pressure.
(d) The untimely death of the stallion.
3. What did Jondalar tell himself regarding Ayla?
(a) She had undertaken a vow of silence.
(b) She was a Zelandoni living alone to gain more understanding about herself.
(c) All of these.
(d) She was foregoing Pleasures.
4. What did Jondalar's dream tell him?
(a) That flatheads were children of the Mother too.
(b) That Ayla was the beginning of everything right.
(c) That Ayla united the flatheads and the Others.
(d) That Ayla wasn't to be vilified for her past.
5. What does Jondalar promise Ayla?
(a) That he won't bother her again.
(b) That he won't go after her again.
(c) That he will leave her alone.
(d) That he won't touch her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wasn't Jondalar looking forward to telling Darvo?
2. What was the first animal Baby killed?
3. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
4. How old was Thonolan at his matrimonial?
5. Why did Jondalar give away half the fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ayla become so upset?
2. What did Jondalar admire about Ayla, and what had it taken to show him?
3. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
4. Why was Thonolan so stressed?
5. What does Ayla explain about the cave lion totem?
6. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
7. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
8. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
9. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
10. Why had Ayla been embarrassed?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)