|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way did Jondalar surprise Ayla, and enjoy the surprise he had given her?
(a) He made her tea.
(b) All of these.
(c) He prepared a skin.
(d) He cooked for her.
2. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
(a) An unaccountable sense of frustration.
(b) An unaccustomed sense of freedom.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
3. How old was Thonolan at his matrimonial?
4. What hadn't Ayla done?
(a) Let the Clan down.
(b) None of these.
(c) Proven Droog to be an inept tool maker.
(d) Let herself down.
5. Why doesn't a donii usually have a face?
(a) The face of the Mother is unknowable.
(b) The Mother isn't invited into the figurine when there is a face.
(c) The face of a donii attracts the spirit.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point do older women choose younger men?
2. What was the first animal Baby killed?
3. Who does Jondalar love uninhibitedly?
4. How did Ayla kill the bison?
5. What were the sounds Ayla used made for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
2. What did the Clan consider as improper and why did Ayla question it? To what conclusion did Ayla come regarding this?
3. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
4. Why was Jondalar concerned that he might not bring Ayla Pleasure?
5. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
6. What argument did Ayla make for the people of the Clan not being animals?
7. Why wouldn't Jondalar stop loving Ayla?
8. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
9. How did Jondalar explain the word 'love' to Ayla?
10. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)