|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the cave lion to back into Ayla's lap?
(a) The cub didn't back into Ayla's lap.
(b) The loud sound of Whinney's hooves.
(c) The nicker of the horse.
(d) The appearance of the huge horse.
2. Who does Jondalar love uninhibitedly?
(b) All of these.
3. What rule must never be forgotten?
(a) Never let a boat take on too much water.
(b) Never turn your back on the Mother.
(c) Always keep a tool pouch close by.
(d) Never turn your back on the Sister.
4. What was Ayla sure about regarding the man in her dream?
(a) He had brown hair.
(b) He was handsome.
(c) He had black hair.
(d) He had yellow hair.
5. What was the texture of Jondalar's face?
(a) Like a lion's tongue.
(b) Like sand.
(c) Like the horse's tongue.
(d) Like coarse wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Zolena no more?
2. How did the woman appear to Jondalar?
3. What offer does Ayla make regarding the colt?
4. How did Ayla feel when Jondalar relieved himself?
5. Why doesn't a donii usually have a face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
2. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
3. Why did Ayla's cave seem more lonely at this point than when she had first made it her home?
4. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
5. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
6. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
7. Why was Jondalar concerned that he might not bring Ayla Pleasure?
8. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
9. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
10. What main reason did Serenio give Jondalar to not mate him?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)