|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What side of the Mother is Jondalar supposed to keep to?
(a) The right, left, center left part of the Mother.
(b) The center.
(c) The right.
(d) The left.
2. What couldn't Jondalar match?
(a) Ayla's comfort with the weapon.
(b) All of these.
(c) Ayla's strength.
(d) Ayla's accuracy.
3. What rule must never be forgotten?
(a) Never turn your back on the Mother.
(b) Always keep a tool pouch close by.
(c) Never let a boat take on too much water.
(d) Never turn your back on the Sister.
4. Who had come up the mountain to fetch Thonolan?
5. How did Ayla express gratitude for the awl?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) By saying "thank you".
(d) By bowing her head in the Clan way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, more than ever, made Jondalar suspect Ayla was a donii?
2. What was the extent of the cub's injuries?
3. What did Thonolan have?
4. Whose dung did Baby like best?
5. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ayla's cave seem more lonely at this point than when she had first made it her home?
2. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
3. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
4. Why did Ayla become so upset?
5. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
6. What main reason did Serenio give Jondalar to not mate him?
7. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
8. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
9. What did the Clan consider as improper and why did Ayla question it? To what conclusion did Ayla come regarding this?
10. Why was Jondalar concerned that he might not bring Ayla Pleasure?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)