|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
(b) The same.
2. What, more than ever, made Jondalar suspect Ayla was a donii?
(a) When Ayla called birds to her hands.
(b) When Ayla rode Baby.
(c) When Baby returned and she had control over him.
(d) When Ayla midwifed Whinney.
3. What surprised Jondalar regarding flatheads?
(a) They used fire.
(b) All of these.
(c) They could communicate.
(d) They were compassionate.
4. What feelings did Ayla get while being unencumbered?
(a) An unaccountable sense of frustration.
(b) Both of these.
(c) An unaccustomed sense of freedom.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What did Jondalar realize Ayla was trying to ask of him?
(a) How he came to her valley.
(b) Whether or not he liked her.
(c) How to speak.
(d) Where he had come from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule must never be forgotten?
2. Why had Whinney kicked Baby?
3. Whose dung did Baby like best?
4. What were the sounds Ayla used made for?
5. What incident jolted Ayla into speech?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)