|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jondalar attempt to convince Thonolan to go following Jetamio's death?
(c) East towards the mouth of the Great Mother river.
2. What, more than ever, made Jondalar suspect Ayla was a donii?
(a) When Ayla rode Baby.
(b) When Baby returned and she had control over him.
(c) When Ayla called birds to her hands.
(d) When Ayla midwifed Whinney.
3. What was the texture of Jondalar's face?
(a) Like coarse wood.
(b) Like the horse's tongue.
(c) Like sand.
(d) Like a lion's tongue.
4. What caused the cave lion to back into Ayla's lap?
(a) The nicker of the horse.
(b) The appearance of the huge horse.
(c) The cub didn't back into Ayla's lap.
(d) The loud sound of Whinney's hooves.
5. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
(a) The same.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what did survival depend?
2. What was the special meaning behind the saiga antelope?
3. What was Ayla's first effort to communicate, and what was the first thing she managed to communicate?
4. What did Ayla learn in Chapter 24 about the Others?
5. What side of the Mother is Jondalar supposed to keep to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ayla explain about the cave lion totem?
2. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
3. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
4. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
5. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
6. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
7. Why had Ayla been embarrassed?
8. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
9. Why was Jondalar concerned that he might not bring Ayla Pleasure?
10. Why wouldn't Jondalar stop loving Ayla?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)