|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule must never be forgotten?
(a) Never let a boat take on too much water.
(b) Always keep a tool pouch close by.
(c) Never turn your back on the Mother.
(d) Never turn your back on the Sister.
2. What did Thonolan have?
(b) A fatalistic certainty he was going to die.
(c) A certainty he would never find someone else to love.
(d) A heart full of grief.
3. What had Baby never known that wild cubs had?
(a) All of these.
4. What was the first animal Baby killed?
(a) A grouse.
(b) A deer.
(c) A ptarmigan.
(d) A hare.
5. Who else had Jondalar told about Zolena?
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had come up the mountain to fetch Thonolan?
2. What couldn't Jondalar match?
3. What were the sounds Ayla used made for?
4. What was the donii that Jondalar was making for Ayla made out of?
5. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
2. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
3. What did Jondalar admire about Ayla, and what had it taken to show him?
4. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
5. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
6. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
7. What did Jondalar say about Ayla's donii?
8. What major difference did Ayla note in Jondalar's attitude towards the clan in Chapter 26?
9. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
10. What was the hardest concept for Jondalar to comprehend regarding the flatheads?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)