|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
2. What festival was held when the moon was new in the Clan?
(a) A Harvest Festival.
(b) The Cave Lion Festival.
(c) A Clan Gathering Festival.
(d) The Cave Bear Festival.
3. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
(a) The Mother Tree.
(b) The Wishing Tree.
(c) The Blessing Tree.
(d) The Mating Tree.
4. What does Jondalar wish the healer would let him do?
(a) Help his brother.
(b) Ask the zelandoni how they had known to come.
(c) Help the healer.
(d) Stay with his brother.
5. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
(a) The person was female and a healer.
(b) The person looked like a female but was a male.
(c) The person was male, and a healer.
(d) The person was androgynous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
2. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
3. Who of the Hadumai group could speak Zelandonii?
4. What did Ayla name the horse?
5. What had become a foregone luxury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What struck Ayla as wrong, and how did she feel when she had figured it out?
2. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
3. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
4. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
5. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
6. What main reason did Serenio give Jondalar to not mate him?
7. What animal had used the cave before Ayla, and how did she know? How did she react to this knowledge?
8. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
9. What transformation did Jetamio undergo when she smiled, and what impression did Jondalar get from that smile?
10. How did Ayla react to the valley?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)