|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
(a) None of these.
(b) The crack of a tree falling and hitting the ground.
2. What innovation allowed Ayla to move the deer and her newest acquisition?
(a) Two spears dragging instead of the dead weight of the carcass.
(b) A cart.
(c) The wheel.
(d) None of these.
3. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
(a) A bone with cave lion teeth marks.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) A clear quartz crystal.
4. When did Ayla realize that Whinney had gone where Ayla wanted her to go?
(a) None of these.
(b) When she flushed a giant hamster.
(c) When she got Whinney to jump a creek.
(d) When she flushed a ptarmigan.
5. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That they might be like the ones that harmed Oda.
(c) That they might be like Broud.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ayla's hide tent made of?
2. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
3. What animal had injured Thonolan?
4. What did Jondalar give Noria?
5. Who was the woman that Jondalar was seeing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ayla take in the baby horse?
2. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
3. Why didn't Ayla get mad when Whinney ran and dumped all her things?
4. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
5. What struck Ayla as wrong, and how did she feel when she had figured it out?
6. What had made Ayla finally glad of the presence of the hyenas?
7. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
8. Why did Jondalar panic in regard to the blood-soaked tunic?
9. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
10. What was the difference in the Shamudoi and the Ramudoi specialties when it came to hunting?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)