|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was/is Ayla's totem?
(a) A lynx.
(b) A eagle.
(c) A bear.
(d) A cave lion.
2. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
3. Why did Ayla continue making mashes for the horse even when she no longer needed them?
(a) The horse liked them.
(b) The horse begged for them.
(c) The horse wouldn't eat the other stuff.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Ayla rely on when night fell?
(a) The stars to guide her back to her cave.
(b) Whinney's instincts.
(c) Whinney's protection.
(d) Whinney's speed.
5. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
(a) A bone with cave lion teeth marks.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A clear quartz crystal.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage did Ayla have over other Clan women?
2. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
3. Who was the young, vivacious woman that Jondalar was interested in?
4. What was the great sturgeon called?
5. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What puzzled Jondalar regarding Ayla?
2. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
3. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
4. How did Dolando view flatheads and why did this shock Jondalar?
5. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
6. What main reason did Serenio give Jondalar to not mate him?
7. What was the hardest concept for Jondalar to comprehend regarding the flatheads?
8. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
9. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
10. What major problem in communication occurred in Chapter 23?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)