|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Thonolan do before he can mate Jetamio?
(a) Win her heart through a feat of strength.
(b) Propose to her.
(c) All of these.
(d) Finish the boat he started on.
2. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
(a) The person looked like a female but was a male.
(b) The person was female and a healer.
(c) The person was androgynous.
(d) The person was male, and a healer.
3. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
(a) The Wishing Tree.
(b) The Blessing Tree.
(c) The Mother Tree.
(d) The Mating Tree.
4. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
(a) A hole for smoke to escape.
(b) Its location high above the valley.
(c) Its location close to running water.
(d) Its steep path would be hard to traverse for predatory animals.
5. What thickens the stew that Tholie brought with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
2. What would make sure that her meat wouldn't be disturbed?
3. What did Ayla rely on when night fell?
4. Who did Jondalar spend the night with?
5. In what direction was the rhino nearly blind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What struck Ayla as wrong, and how did she feel when she had figured it out?
2. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
3. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
4. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
5. What transformation did Jetamio undergo when she smiled, and what impression did Jondalar get from that smile?
6. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
7. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
8. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
9. Who was Iza and what had she told Ayla on the night that she died?
10. What animal had used the cave before Ayla, and how did she know? How did she react to this knowledge?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)