|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the young, vivacious woman that Jondalar was interested in?
2. How many flatheads surrounded Jondalar and Thonolan?
3. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
(a) The person was female and a healer.
(b) The person was male, and a healer.
(c) The person looked like a female but was a male.
(d) The person was androgynous.
4. What would make sure that her meat wouldn't be disturbed?
(a) The sound of them knocking the drying racks over.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) The foal responses.
5. What was/is Ayla's totem?
(a) A eagle.
(b) A bear.
(c) A lynx.
(d) A cave lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage did Ayla have over other Clan women?
2. Who had been the Clan's master toolmaker?
3. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
4. Who was the young woman Jondalar had been talking to?
5. What had happened between Thonolan and Jetamio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Ayla get mad when Whinney ran and dumped all her things?
2. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
3. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
4. What is the Malaise?
5. What was the difference in the Shamudoi and the Ramudoi specialties when it came to hunting?
6. Why did Ayla take in the baby horse?
7. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
8. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
9. In what ways did Whinney help Ayla accomplish the reindeer hunt?
10. What did the old woman throw on the ground, and how did Jondalar react to it?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)