|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
(a) She wouldn't fit in.
(b) Her home means a lot to her.
(c) She wouldn't be able to contribute.
(d) Too many other men would vie for her attention.
2. What does Thonolan tell Jondalar he has to look forward to?
(a) All of these.
(b) The next bend in the river.
(c) The next sunrise.
(d) The next woman he beds.
3. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
(a) Iza's face.
(b) An igloo.
(c) Creb's face.
(d) Brun's face.
4. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
(a) A leather wrap around her breasts.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A leather thong around her hair.
(d) Neither of these.
5. What landmark does Laduni tell Jondalar and Thonolan to look for?
(a) A tree with three trunks.
(b) A big whirlpool in the river.
(c) A mountain with two peaks.
(d) A gnarled tree with no leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the great sturgeon called?
2. What had become a habit for Ayla in the mornings?
3. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
4. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
5. What did Ayla find on her way back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Broud done, and how was it a sign of an immature leader?
2. Who was Iza and what had she told Ayla on the night that she died?
3. In what ways did Whinney help Ayla accomplish the reindeer hunt?
4. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
5. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
6. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
7. Why didn't Ayla get mad when Whinney ran and dumped all her things?
8. What animal had used the cave before Ayla, and how did she know? How did she react to this knowledge?
9. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
10. What transformation did Jetamio undergo when she smiled, and what impression did Jondalar get from that smile?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)