|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the soil at the edge of the water?
2. Why didn't Ayla want one of the older reindeer?
(a) Their hides were scarred.
(b) Their meat was tough.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
(a) None of these.
(d) The crack of a tree falling and hitting the ground.
4. How many flatheads surrounded Jondalar and Thonolan?
5. What must Thonolan do before he can mate Jetamio?
(a) Win her heart through a feat of strength.
(b) Propose to her.
(c) All of these.
(d) Finish the boat he started on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
2. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
3. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
4. What was the little foal more afraid of?
5. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What animal had used the cave before Ayla, and how did she know? How did she react to this knowledge?
2. What struck Ayla as wrong, and how did she feel when she had figured it out?
3. Why did Ayla take in the baby horse?
4. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
5. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
6. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
7. What transformation did Jetamio undergo when she smiled, and what impression did Jondalar get from that smile?
8. Who was Iza and what had she told Ayla on the night that she died?
9. What did the old woman throw on the ground, and how did Jondalar react to it?
10. In what ways did Whinney help Ayla accomplish the reindeer hunt?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)