|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hyena manage to make off with?
(a) A haunch.
(b) None of these.
(c) A leg.
(d) A whole shank.
2. What did Ayla use on her hair?
(a) A comb.
(b) All of these.
(c) A brush.
(d) A teasel.
3. Who was Iza?
(a) The mate of Broud.
(b) The only mother Ayla could remember.
(c) She was the only person Ayla trusted.
(d) The only friend Ayla had.
4. What is the Great Mother River called today?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Nile.
(d) The Sister.
5. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
(a) A bone with cave lion teeth marks.
(b) A clear quartz crystal.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
2. What advantage did Ayla have over other Clan women?
3. What festival was held when the moon was new in the Clan?
4. Who antagonizes the flatheads?
5. What wood makes good boats?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
2. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
3. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
4. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
5. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
6. Why did Jondalar panic in regard to the blood-soaked tunic?
7. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
8. What did the old woman throw on the ground, and how did Jondalar react to it?
9. Why did Ayla take in the baby horse?
10. What had Broud done, and how was it a sign of an immature leader?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)