|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
(a) The person was androgynous.
(b) The person looked like a female but was a male.
(c) The person was female and a healer.
(d) The person was male, and a healer.
2. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) He buried it.
(b) High in a tree.
(c) He left it on a hillside.
(d) He burnt it.
3. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
(a) A leather wrap around her breasts.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A leather thong around her hair.
(d) Both of these.
4. What is the phrase that people say?
(a) "Always caution when Oxen are rotten".
(b) "Never go forth when rhino's go north".
(c) "Never go forth when mammoth's go north".
(d) "Never go forth in a snow storm".
5. What had become a foregone luxury?
(a) Easily filled waterbags.
(c) Fresh greens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
2. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
3. What had become a habit for Ayla in the mornings?
4. What is the Great Mother River called today?
5. What was Ayla's hide tent made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
2. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
3. What is the Malaise?
4. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
5. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
6. Why were the gifts from others not really anonymous?
7. Who was Iza and what had she told Ayla on the night that she died?
8. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
9. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
10. What events led to Ayla making fire with flint and iron pyrite?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)