Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Great Mother River called today?
(b) The Nile.
(c) The Sister.
(d) The Danube.
2. Who was the woman that Jondalar was seeing?
3. Who antagonizes the flatheads?
4. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That they might be like Broud.
(c) That they might be like the ones that harmed Oda.
(d) Both of these.
5. What smell brought an instinctive fear to the horses?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
2. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
3. What was the problem with fording the channels?
4. What kind of tree isn't mentioned for lance making?
5. What did Jondalar do with the other tunic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
2. What thought pattern lead to Ayla's riding of the huge cave lion?
3. How did Ayla react to the valley?
4. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
5. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
6. Why did Jondalar panic in regard to the blood-soaked tunic?
7. What argument did Ayla make for the people of the Clan not being animals?
8. Why was Jondalar concerned that he might not bring Ayla Pleasure?
9. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
10. What transformation did Jetamio undergo when she smiled, and what impression did Jondalar get from that smile?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)