|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would make sure that her meat wouldn't be disturbed?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The foal responses.
(d) The sound of them knocking the drying racks over.
2. Who was Iza?
(a) The only friend Ayla had.
(b) The mate of Broud.
(c) She was the only person Ayla trusted.
(d) The only mother Ayla could remember.
3. What innovation allowed Ayla to move the deer and her newest acquisition?
(a) Two spears dragging instead of the dead weight of the carcass.
(b) The wheel.
(c) A cart.
(d) None of these.
4. What made Ayla grateful for the height of her cave?
(a) The nearness of the cave lions.
(b) The spring floods.
(c) The summer fires.
(d) All of these.
5. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
(c) The crack of a tree falling and hitting the ground.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
2. What did Jondalar give Noria?
3. What was the problem with fording the channels?
4. What had happened between Thonolan and Jetamio?
5. What was determined to be the real reason Jondalar was interested in boat making?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
2. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
3. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
4. What struck Ayla as wrong, and how did she feel when she had figured it out?
5. What had made Ayla finally glad of the presence of the hyenas?
6. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
7. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
8. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
9. In what ways did Whinney help Ayla accomplish the reindeer hunt?
10. What is the Malaise?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)