|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jondalar do with the other tunic?
(a) He burnt it.
(b) He buried it.
(c) He left it on a hillside.
(d) Threw it in the river.
2. What was the only check to the Sister?
(a) A lake.
(b) The Mother.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A Marsh.
3. What does Thonolan tell Jondalar he has to look forward to?
(a) The next sunrise.
(b) All of these.
(c) The next woman he beds.
(d) The next bend in the river.
4. What advantage did Ayla have over other Clan women?
(a) She was a medicine woman.
(b) She could hunt.
(c) None of these.
(d) She was adaptable.
5. What was the problem with fording the channels?
(a) All of these.
(b) Her possessions.
(c) She was not a strong swimmer.
(d) She had a fear of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the soil at the edge of the water?
2. What girl was interested in Jondalar?
3. What were plantain leaves good for?
4. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
5. What stone did every person in the Clan carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
2. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
3. What struck Ayla as wrong, and how did she feel when she had figured it out?
4. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
5. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
6. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
7. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
8. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
9. Why were the gifts from others not really anonymous?
10. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)