|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
2. What had become a habit for Ayla in the mornings?
(a) Going for a swim.
(b) Washing her wrap.
(c) Checking the horses.
(d) Washing her hair.
3. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
(a) An igloo.
(b) Brun's face.
(c) Iza's face.
(d) Creb's face.
4. What was Creb's favorite food?
(c) Forest chicken.
5. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) A large bale of hay.
(b) A wizened old woman.
(c) The horse haunches.
(d) Mammoth tusks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were plantain leaves good for?
2. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
3. What kind of tree isn't mentioned for lance making?
4. How long had the boat turned out to be?
5. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
2. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
3. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
4. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
5. Why did Ayla leave Whinney?
6. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
7. What adaptive techniques allowed the chamois to cling to rocks?
8. Why was Thonolan so stressed?
9. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
10. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)