|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jondalar do with the other tunic?
(a) He left it on a hillside.
(b) Threw it in the river.
(c) He buried it.
(d) He burnt it.
2. When did Ayla realize that Whinney had gone where Ayla wanted her to go?
(a) When she flushed a giant hamster.
(b) When she got Whinney to jump a creek.
(c) None of these.
(d) When she flushed a ptarmigan.
3. What color does Thonolan miss?
4. What kind of tree isn't mentioned for lance making?
5. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
2. What stone, when combined with flint, produced a spark?
3. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
4. Who antagonizes the flatheads?
5. What did Ayla name the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ayla take in the baby horse?
2. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
3. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
4. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
5. What was the difference in the Shamudoi and the Ramudoi specialties when it came to hunting?
6. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
7. What events led to Ayla making fire with flint and iron pyrite?
8. What idea struck Ayla?
9. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
10. In what ways did Whinney help Ayla accomplish the reindeer hunt?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)