|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the young, vivacious woman that Jondalar was interested in?
2. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) A large bale of hay.
(b) A wizened old woman.
(c) Mammoth tusks.
(d) The horse haunches.
3. What color does Thonolan miss?
4. What does Jondalar wish the healer would let him do?
(a) Ask the zelandoni how they had known to come.
(b) Stay with his brother.
(c) Help his brother.
(d) Help the healer.
5. What had become a habit for Ayla in the mornings?
(a) Checking the horses.
(b) Washing her hair.
(c) Washing her wrap.
(d) Going for a swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had happened between Thonolan and Jetamio?
2. Who of the Hadumai group could speak Zelandonii?
3. What did the hyena manage to make off with?
4. What did Jondalar make for Thonolan after he was gored?
5. What were plantain leaves good for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
2. Why was Darvo so happy when Thonolan had decided to mate Jetamio and stay?
3. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
4. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
5. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
6. How did Ayla react to the valley?
7. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
8. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
9. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
10. What is the Malaise?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)