|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had become a foregone luxury?
(a) Easily filled waterbags.
(d) Fresh greens.
2. What had happened between Thonolan and Jetamio?
(a) They had formed a close friendship.
(b) They had fallen in love.
(c) All of these.
(d) They had formed a special bond.
3. What made Ayla grateful for the height of her cave?
(a) The summer fires.
(b) The spring floods.
(c) The nearness of the cave lions.
(d) All of these.
4. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) High in a tree.
(b) He left it on a hillside.
(c) He buried it.
(d) He burnt it.
5. What animal had injured Thonolan?
(a) A rhino.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cave lion.
(d) A mammoth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thonolan tell Jondalar he has to look forward to?
2. What were plantain leaves good for?
3. What did Jondalar do with the other tunic?
4. What was determined to be the real reason Jondalar was interested in boat making?
5. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
2. In what ways did Whinney help Ayla accomplish the reindeer hunt?
3. What events led to Ayla making fire with flint and iron pyrite?
4. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
5. What animal had used the cave before Ayla, and how did she know? How did she react to this knowledge?
6. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
7. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
8. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
9. What idea struck Ayla?
10. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)