|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had happened between Thonolan and Jetamio?
(a) All of these.
(b) They had formed a special bond.
(c) They had formed a close friendship.
(d) They had fallen in love.
2. What did Jondalar fear while traveling by boat?
(a) A collision.
(b) A leak.
(c) All of these.
(d) A capsizing.
3. What did Jondalar make for Thonolan after he was gored?
(a) A tourniquet.
(b) A bandage.
(c) Willowbark tea.
(d) All of these.
4. What made Ayla grateful for the height of her cave?
(a) The summer fires.
(b) The nearness of the cave lions.
(c) The spring floods.
(d) All of these.
5. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) High in a tree.
(b) He burnt it.
(c) He left it on a hillside.
(d) He buried it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
2. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
3. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
4. How long had the boat turned out to be?
5. What stone, when combined with flint, produced a spark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Creb and the Zelandoni, and how did Ayla explain it to Jondalar?
2. What caused Ayla much laughter following the onager kill?
3. What did Thonolan learn from Jetamio?
4. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
5. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
6. What was Jondalar's outburst regarding, and what was the reason for it?
7. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
8. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
9. What two things had Ayla done that astounded Jondalar?
10. Why was Marthona so upset about Jondalar's decision to leave with Thonolan?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)