|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ayla decide she would gather that day?
(a) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What wood makes good boats?
(d) Green oak.
3. How long had the boat turned out to be?
(a) Sixty feet in length.
(b) Fifty feet in length.
(c) Twenty five feet in length.
(d) Ten feet in length.
4. What smell brought an instinctive fear to the horses?
(d) All of these.
5. Who did Jondalar spend the night with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the hyena manage to make off with?
2. Why is it likely that Noria would birth a child of Jondalar's spirit?
3. What was Creb's favorite food?
4. What girl was interested in Jondalar?
5. Who was the young, vivacious woman that Jondalar was interested in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
2. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
3. Why did Ayla take in the baby horse?
4. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
5. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
6. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
7. What is the Malaise?
8. Why did Jondalar panic in regard to the blood-soaked tunic?
9. What had made Ayla finally glad of the presence of the hyenas?
10. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)