|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the boat turned out to be?
(a) Twenty five feet in length.
(b) Fifty feet in length.
(c) Sixty feet in length.
(d) Ten feet in length.
2. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
(a) An elk.
(b) A woolly rhinoceros.
(c) A mammoth.
(d) A giant sturgeon.
3. How many children had Haduma had?
4. What was Creb's favorite food?
(d) Forest chicken.
5. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
(a) That they might be like Broud.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That they might be like the ones that harmed Oda.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the traveling cakes made of?
2. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
3. What did Ayla rely on when night fell?
4. What did Ayla name the horse?
5. What was the problem with fording the channels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the old woman throw on the ground, and how did Jondalar react to it?
2. Why were the gifts from others not really anonymous?
3. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
4. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
5. Why did Thonolan want to give up?
6. What was the difference in the Shamudoi and the Ramudoi specialties when it came to hunting?
7. What idea struck Ayla?
8. Why did Jondalar panic in regard to the blood-soaked tunic?
9. Why didn't Ayla get mad when Whinney ran and dumped all her things?
10. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)