|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jondalar do with the other tunic?
(a) He burnt it.
(b) He left it on a hillside.
(c) Threw it in the river.
(d) He buried it.
2. What does Jondalar wish the healer would let him do?
(a) Stay with his brother.
(b) Ask the zelandoni how they had known to come.
(c) Help the healer.
(d) Help his brother.
3. How many children had Haduma had?
4. What stone did every person in the Clan carry?
(a) An ochre stained oval of mammoth ivory.
(b) Red ochre.
(c) Iron pyrite.
(d) Black manganese dioxide.
5. Who had been the Clan's master toolmaker?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
2. What is the Great Mother River called today?
3. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
4. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
5. What was determined to be the real reason Jondalar was interested in boat making?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
2. What idea struck Ayla?
3. In what ways did Whinney help Ayla accomplish the reindeer hunt?
4. Why was there always someone present when a young woman lost her virginity, or rather, had her First Rites?
5. What information did Creb give Ayla on signs from her totem?
6. What events led to Ayla making fire with flint and iron pyrite?
7. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
8. What things did Ayla need to survive the winter?
9. Why were the gifts from others not really anonymous?
10. What had Broud done, and how was it a sign of an immature leader?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)