|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jondalar fear while traveling by boat?
(a) A collision.
(b) A capsizing.
(c) All of these.
(d) A leak.
2. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) That they might be like Broud.
(d) That they might be like the ones that harmed Oda.
3. In what direction was the rhino nearly blind?
(b) To the side.
(c) Diagonally ahead.
(d) Directly ahead.
4. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) None of these.
(b) She is close kin.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his cousin.
5. What color does Thonolan miss?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
2. What was the little foal more afraid of?
3. What did Ayla decide she would gather that day?
4. What was/is Ayla's totem?
5. What made Ayla grateful for the height of her cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
2. How did Ayla react to the valley?
3. What had Broud done, and how was it a sign of an immature leader?
4. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
5. What idea struck Ayla?
6. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
7. Why didn't Ayla get mad when Whinney ran and dumped all her things?
8. Who was Iza and what had she told Ayla on the night that she died?
9. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
10. Why had Jondalar inadvertently hurt Radonio?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)