|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the problem with fording the channels?
(a) Her possessions.
(b) All of these.
(c) She had a fear of water.
(d) She was not a strong swimmer.
2. Who antagonizes the flatheads?
3. What was the great sturgeon called?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
4. What were plantain leaves good for?
(a) When in tea form, soaking ones feet would remove weariness.
(b) Poultices for a cough.
(c) All of these.
(d) Sturdy, healing bandages for cuts and wounds.
5. What kind of wine did Jetamio specialize in making?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the fossil of the gastropod represent to her?
2. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
3. What did Ayla find on her way back?
4. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
5. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things led Jondalar to believe the flatheads were closer to human than it had been rumored?
2. Why didn't Ayla get mad when Whinney ran and dumped all her things?
3. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
4. What kind of relationship did Jondalar and Jetamio start out with? What did it deepen into and how?
5. What had Broud done, and how was it a sign of an immature leader?
6. What animal had used the cave before Ayla, and how did she know? How did she react to this knowledge?
7. What did the old woman throw on the ground, and how did Jondalar react to it?
8. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
9. Why did Ayla take in the baby horse?
10. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)