|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had become a foregone luxury?
(a) Easily filled waterbags.
(b) Fresh greens.
2. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
(a) The person was androgynous.
(b) The person was male, and a healer.
(c) The person was female and a healer.
(d) The person looked like a female but was a male.
3. What did Ayla find on her way back?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A trampled fawn.
(d) A baby cave lion.
4. Who had almost drowned and had been rescued by Ayla?
5. What thickens the stew that Tholie brought with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
2. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
3. What kind of wine did Jetamio specialize in making?
4. What did Jondalar make for Thonolan after he was gored?
5. What did the first stones from Ayla's sling show the hyenas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advantages did Ayla have that other clan women did not?
2. What animal had used the cave before Ayla, and how did she know? How did she react to this knowledge?
3. Why were the gifts from others not really anonymous?
4. What is the Malaise?
5. What is the difference between Thonolan and Jondalar?
6. Why didn't Ayla get mad when Whinney ran and dumped all her things?
7. Why did Jondalar take special attention in making sure young women were Pleasured in their First Rites?
8. What stroke of innovation allowed Ayla to bring down a horse on her own?
9. What events led to Ayla making fire with flint and iron pyrite?
10. What was Jondalar so worried about regarding Thonolan's approach of the rhino?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)