|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the sounds Ayla used made for?
(a) To make emphasis on the movements.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) To change the meaning of the movement.
2. What had Jondalar forgotten he had lost?
(a) His tool belt.
(b) His fire making set.
(c) His knife.
(d) His hooks.
3. What was the first animal Baby killed?
(a) A deer.
(b) A ptarmigan.
(c) A hare.
(d) A grouse.
4. Why doesn't a donii usually have a face?
(a) The face of a donii attracts the spirit.
(b) The Mother isn't invited into the figurine when there is a face.
(c) The face of the Mother is unknowable.
(d) All of these.
5. What was Ayla's first observation regarding the wild cave lion cubs?
(a) How little exercise they got in the wild.
(b) How much smaller they were than Baby.
(c) How much more energetic they were than Baby.
(d) How much less playful they were.
6. Why was Zolena no more?
(a) She had left on a Journey and never come back.
(b) She had become First Among Those Who Serve.
(c) She had died.
(d) She had gone to another cave.
7. What did a donii with a likeness do?
(a) Inflicted bad luck on both the carver and the person resembling the likeness.
(b) Capture the spirit of the one it resembled.
(c) Turn the person it resembled into a spirit.
(d) Cause the person it resembled to die.
8. What did Thonolan have?
(a) A heart full of grief.
(b) A certainty he would never find someone else to love.
(d) A fatalistic certainty he was going to die.
9. What side of the Mother is Jondalar supposed to keep to?
(a) The right.
(b) The right, left, center left part of the Mother.
(c) The center.
(d) The left.
10. How did Ayla move according to Jondalar?
(a) As though she didn't like him.
(b) As though she had to say something embarrassing.
(c) As though she was trying to tell him something.
(d) As though she didn't want him to see her.
11. What was Ayla sure about regarding the man in her dream?
(a) He was handsome.
(b) He had brown hair.
(c) He had black hair.
(d) He had yellow hair.
12. What does Jondalar promise Ayla?
(a) That he won't go after her again.
(b) That he won't bother her again.
(c) That he won't touch her again.
(d) That he will leave her alone.
13. What caused the cave lion to back into Ayla's lap?
(a) The cub didn't back into Ayla's lap.
(b) The appearance of the huge horse.
(c) The nicker of the horse.
(d) The loud sound of Whinney's hooves.
14. What incident jolted Ayla into speech?
(a) Her loneliness.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The nightmare.
(d) Neither of these.
15. What was the texture of Jondalar's face?
(a) Like the horse's tongue.
(b) Like coarse wood.
(c) Like sand.
(d) Like a lion's tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what did survival depend?
2. How many eggs were in the ptarmigan nest?
3. What had the lionesses brought down?
4. What did Jondalar's dream tell him?
5. What was the special meaning behind the saiga antelope?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)