|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dung did Baby like best?
2. Who was the last person that had given Jondalar the same satisfaction?
(b) None of these.
3. What does Ayla ask Jondalar if he would like to try?
(a) Riding Whinney.
(b) Using her sling.
(c) Training the colt.
(d) Using her spear.
4. How old was Thonolan at his matrimonial?
5. How did Ayla move according to Jondalar?
(a) As though she had to say something embarrassing.
(b) As though she didn't like him.
(c) As though she was trying to tell him something.
(d) As though she didn't want him to see her.
6. What wasn't Jondalar looking forward to telling Darvo?
(a) All of these.
(b) That he was leaving.
(c) That he wouldn't mate his mother.
(d) That his mother wouldn't mate him.
7. What was chamomile for?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) A digestive aid.
(c) A mild wash for wounds.
(d) Both of these.
8. What was the only thing out of the ordinary about Ayla?
(a) She was alone.
(b) She was extraordinarily pretty.
(c) She was both advanced and primitive.
(d) She was slightly deformed.
9. At what point in the year did Baby's absences become longer?
(a) In spring.
(b) Towards the end of summer.
(c) At the start of winter.
(d) During summer.
10. When there was less weight the boat was ______ to handle.
(c) The same.
11. What did Ayla learn in Chapter 24 about the Others?
(a) Flatheads are considered animals.
(b) She is not big and ugly.
(c) There is no universal language among the Others.
(d) All of these.
12. What did a donii with a likeness do?
(a) Turn the person it resembled into a spirit.
(b) Capture the spirit of the one it resembled.
(c) Cause the person it resembled to die.
(d) Inflicted bad luck on both the carver and the person resembling the likeness.
13. What did Ayla think when Jondalar removed his hand from her?
(a) Both of these.
(b) That she was too ugly to relieve his needs with her.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) That she was doing something wrong.
14. Where did Jondalar attempt to convince Thonolan to go following Jetamio's death?
(b) East towards the mouth of the Great Mother river.
15. What hadn't Ayla done?
(a) Let the Clan down.
(b) None of these.
(c) Let herself down.
(d) Proven Droog to be an inept tool maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jondalar think of naming the colt?
2. Why doesn't a donii usually have a face?
3. What question does Ayla ask of Jondalar once he is done making the blades?
4. What was Thonolan's drive to keep moving tainted with?
5. What did Jondalar call Ayla's son?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)