|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
(a) Too many other men would vie for her attention.
(b) She wouldn't be able to contribute.
(c) She wouldn't fit in.
(d) Her home means a lot to her.
2. Who of the Hadumai group could speak Zelandonii?
3. What large animal did Ayla decide to hunt?
(a) A woolly rhinoceros.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mammoth.
(d) An auroch.
4. Why did Ayla continue making mashes for the horse even when she no longer needed them?
(a) The horse liked them.
(b) The horse wouldn't eat the other stuff.
(c) All of these.
(d) The horse begged for them.
5. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A leather thong around her hair.
(d) A leather wrap around her breasts.
6. What did the fossil of the gastropod represent to her?
(a) Her totem's promise that Durc would be unharmed.
(b) None of these.
(c) Her totem's sanctioning of her hunting.
(d) Both of these.
7. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
(a) None of these.
(b) The crack of a tree falling and hitting the ground.
8. Who was Iza?
(a) The only friend Ayla had.
(b) She was the only person Ayla trusted.
(c) The mate of Broud.
(d) The only mother Ayla could remember.
9. What stone did every person in the Clan carry?
(a) Iron pyrite.
(b) Black manganese dioxide.
(c) Red ochre.
(d) An ochre stained oval of mammoth ivory.
10. Why didn't Ayla want one of the older reindeer?
(a) Their hides were scarred.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Their meat was tough.
(d) Neither of these.
11. How many children had Haduma had?
12. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
(a) The Wishing Tree.
(b) The Mother Tree.
(c) The Mating Tree.
(d) The Blessing Tree.
13. What was Ayla's hide tent made of?
(a) Giant Deer.
(d) Bear skin.
14. What animal had injured Thonolan?
(a) A rhino.
(b) A mammoth.
(c) A cave lion.
(d) A bear.
15. What is the only thing Ayla lacked in the valley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What landmark does Laduni tell Jondalar and Thonolan to look for?
2. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
3. What festival was held when the moon was new in the Clan?
4. What did Jondalar do with the other tunic?
5. What does Thonolan tell Jondalar he has to look forward to?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)