|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had become a foregone luxury?
(a) Fresh greens.
(c) Easily filled waterbags.
2. In what direction was the rhino nearly blind?
(b) Diagonally ahead.
(c) Directly ahead.
(d) To the side.
3. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) A large bale of hay.
(b) The horse haunches.
(c) A wizened old woman.
(d) Mammoth tusks.
4. What was the great sturgeon called?
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
5. Who was the young, vivacious woman that Jondalar was interested in?
6. Who had almost drowned and had been rescued by Ayla?
7. What animal had injured Thonolan?
(a) A rhino.
(b) A cave lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A mammoth.
8. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) She is close kin.
(b) She is his cousin.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) None of these.
9. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) He left it on a hillside.
(b) He burnt it.
(c) He buried it.
(d) High in a tree.
10. What were the traveling cakes made of?
(a) All of these.
(b) Rendered animal fat.
(c) Ground up dried meat.
(d) Dried berries.
11. What did Thonolan perceive the pretty girl to be?
(a) An angel.
(b) A goddess.
(c) All of these.
(d) A donii.
12. What were plantain leaves good for?
(a) When in tea form, soaking ones feet would remove weariness.
(b) All of these.
(c) Poultices for a cough.
(d) Sturdy, healing bandages for cuts and wounds.
13. What is the phrase that people say?
(a) "Never go forth when rhino's go north".
(b) "Never go forth when mammoth's go north".
(c) "Never go forth in a snow storm".
(d) "Always caution when Oxen are rotten".
14. What did Ayla find on her way back?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A trampled fawn.
(d) A baby cave lion.
15. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
(a) Brun's face.
(b) Creb's face.
(c) An igloo.
(d) Iza's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage did Ayla have over other Clan women?
2. What did Ayla rely on when night fell?
3. What must Thonolan do before he can mate Jetamio?
4. What did the first stones from Ayla's sling show the hyenas?
5. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)