|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jondalar fear while traveling by boat?
(a) A capsizing.
(b) A collision.
(c) All of these.
(d) A leak.
2. Why did Ayla continue making mashes for the horse even when she no longer needed them?
(a) The horse begged for them.
(b) The horse liked them.
(c) The horse wouldn't eat the other stuff.
(d) All of these.
3. What is the foehn?
(a) A cold snap.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A summer wind.
(d) A spring wind.
4. What was Creb's favorite food?
(a) Forest chicken.
5. How many children had Haduma had?
6. What smell brought an instinctive fear to the horses?
(b) All of these.
7. Who was the young woman Jondalar had been talking to?
8. In what direction was the rhino nearly blind?
(b) To the side.
(c) Diagonally ahead.
(d) Directly ahead.
9. How many flatheads surrounded Jondalar and Thonolan?
10. What did Jondalar give Noria?
(a) His heart.
(b) His donii.
(c) A fur he had prepared for her.
(d) His tunic.
11. What were Jondalar and Thonolan hunting?
12. What had become a habit for Ayla in the mornings?
(a) Washing her wrap.
(b) Checking the horses.
(c) Going for a swim.
(d) Washing her hair.
13. What wood makes good boats?
(d) Green oak.
14. Why did Ayla hesitate at the invoking of the Clan spirits?
(a) She was no longer a member of the Clan.
(b) She wasn't sure they would approve.
(c) She didn't know how to call upon them.
(d) She wasn't a Mog-ur.
15. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
2. Why is it likely that Noria would birth a child of Jondalar's spirit?
3. What innovation allowed Ayla to move the deer and her newest acquisition?
4. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
5. What does Jondalar wish the healer would let him do?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)