|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That they might be like the ones that harmed Oda.
(c) Both of these.
(d) That they might be like Broud.
2. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) None of these.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is close kin.
(d) She is his cousin.
3. What does Jondalar wish the healer would let him do?
(a) Help the healer.
(b) Help his brother.
(c) Stay with his brother.
(d) Ask the zelandoni how they had known to come.
4. What did Thonolan perceive the pretty girl to be?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A donii.
(c) An angel.
(d) All of these.
5. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) He buried it.
(b) He left it on a hillside.
(c) High in a tree.
(d) He burnt it.
6. Why is it likely that Noria would birth a child of Jondalar's spirit?
(a) All of these.
(b) Noria would sleep with him till she conceived.
(c) Noria would sleep with no other man.
(d) Haduma had great magic.
7. What stone did every person in the Clan carry?
(a) Black manganese dioxide.
(b) Red ochre.
(c) Iron pyrite.
(d) An ochre stained oval of mammoth ivory.
8. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
(a) The crack of a tree falling and hitting the ground.
(b) None of these.
9. Who was Iza?
(a) The only mother Ayla could remember.
(b) The only friend Ayla had.
(c) The mate of Broud.
(d) She was the only person Ayla trusted.
10. What was Creb's favorite food?
(c) Forest chicken.
11. What must Thonolan do before he can mate Jetamio?
(a) Propose to her.
(b) Finish the boat he started on.
(c) Win her heart through a feat of strength.
(d) All of these.
12. What kind of wine did Jetamio specialize in making?
13. What girl was interested in Jondalar?
14. What color was the soil at the edge of the water?
15. What were the traveling cakes made of?
(a) Ground up dried meat.
(b) Dried berries.
(c) All of these.
(d) Rendered animal fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what direction was the rhino nearly blind?
2. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
3. What did Ayla find on her way back?
4. What had become a foregone luxury?
5. What is the only thing Ayla lacked in the valley?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)