|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Jondalar and Thonolan hunting?
2. What is the Great Mother River called today?
(b) The Sister.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Danube.
3. Who did Jondalar spend the night with?
4. Why did Ayla continue making mashes for the horse even when she no longer needed them?
(a) All of these.
(b) The horse liked them.
(c) The horse wouldn't eat the other stuff.
(d) The horse begged for them.
5. What had become a foregone luxury?
(a) Fresh greens.
(d) Easily filled waterbags.
6. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A clear quartz crystal.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) A bone with cave lion teeth marks.
7. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
(a) A warble.
(b) A click.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A finger snap.
8. What was Ayla's hide tent made of?
(b) Bear skin.
(c) Giant Deer.
9. Who was the young woman Jondalar had been talking to?
10. What must Thonolan do before he can mate Jetamio?
(a) Finish the boat he started on.
(b) All of these.
(c) Win her heart through a feat of strength.
(d) Propose to her.
11. What smell brought an instinctive fear to the horses?
(c) All of these.
12. Who had been the Clan's master toolmaker?
13. What would make sure that her meat wouldn't be disturbed?
(a) Both of these.
(b) The sound of them knocking the drying racks over.
(c) The foal responses.
(d) Neither of these.
14. When did Ayla realize that Whinney had gone where Ayla wanted her to go?
(a) When she flushed a giant hamster.
(b) When she flushed a ptarmigan.
(c) When she got Whinney to jump a creek.
(d) None of these.
15. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was determined to be the real reason Jondalar was interested in boat making?
2. Who of the Hadumai group could speak Zelandonii?
3. What festival was held when the moon was new in the Clan?
4. Why did Ayla hesitate at the invoking of the Clan spirits?
5. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)