|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
(a) Too many other men would vie for her attention.
(b) She wouldn't be able to contribute.
(c) She wouldn't fit in.
(d) Her home means a lot to her.
2. How many children had Haduma had?
3. What kind of wine did Jetamio specialize in making?
4. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
(a) A herd of woolly rhinoceros.
(b) A herd of Saiga antelope.
(c) A herd of mammoth.
(d) A herd of reindeer.
5. What had happened between Thonolan and Jetamio?
(a) All of these.
(b) They had formed a special bond.
(c) They had formed a close friendship.
(d) They had fallen in love.
6. What stone, when combined with flint, produced a spark?
(a) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Iron pyrite.
7. Who was the young woman Jondalar had been talking to?
8. What did Jondalar make for Thonolan after he was gored?
(a) Willowbark tea.
(b) A tourniquet.
(c) All of these.
(d) A bandage.
9. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is close kin.
(c) None of these.
(d) She is his sister.
10. What was the great sturgeon called?
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
11. Who was Iza?
(a) The only mother Ayla could remember.
(b) The mate of Broud.
(c) The only friend Ayla had.
(d) She was the only person Ayla trusted.
12. Why did Ayla continue making mashes for the horse even when she no longer needed them?
(a) All of these.
(b) The horse liked them.
(c) The horse wouldn't eat the other stuff.
(d) The horse begged for them.
13. What did Jondalar do with the other tunic?
(a) Threw it in the river.
(b) He left it on a hillside.
(c) He burnt it.
(d) He buried it.
14. What made Ayla grateful for the height of her cave?
(a) The summer fires.
(b) The spring floods.
(c) The nearness of the cave lions.
(d) All of these.
15. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
(a) A click.
(b) A finger snap.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A warble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayla name the horse?
2. What was/is Ayla's totem?
3. What is the only thing Ayla lacked in the valley?
4. What is the Great Mother River called today?
5. What did Ayla use on her hair?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)