|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Ayla lacked in the valley?
2. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) A wizened old woman.
(b) The horse haunches.
(c) Mammoth tusks.
(d) A large bale of hay.
3. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
(a) A clear quartz crystal.
(b) A bone with cave lion teeth marks.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
4. What was the only check to the Sister?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) The Mother.
(c) A lake.
(d) A Marsh.
5. What was determined to be the real reason Jondalar was interested in boat making?
(a) He was interested in the buoyancy of the boats.
(b) He was interested in the tools.
(c) He was interested in learning to make a boat.
(d) All of these.
6. Who was Iza?
(a) The only friend Ayla had.
(b) The mate of Broud.
(c) She was the only person Ayla trusted.
(d) The only mother Ayla could remember.
7. Why did Ayla continue making mashes for the horse even when she no longer needed them?
(a) All of these.
(b) The horse wouldn't eat the other stuff.
(c) The horse begged for them.
(d) The horse liked them.
8. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) None of these.
(c) She is close kin.
(d) She is his sister.
9. What animal had injured Thonolan?
(a) A cave lion.
(b) A bear.
(c) A mammoth.
(d) A rhino.
10. What is the Great Mother River called today?
(a) The Sister.
(c) The Danube.
(d) The Nile.
11. What landmark does Laduni tell Jondalar and Thonolan to look for?
(a) A mountain with two peaks.
(b) A tree with three trunks.
(c) A big whirlpool in the river.
(d) A gnarled tree with no leaves.
12. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
(a) A warble.
(b) A whistle.
(c) A click.
(d) A finger snap.
13. Why did Ayla hesitate at the invoking of the Clan spirits?
(a) She didn't know how to call upon them.
(b) She wasn't sure they would approve.
(c) She wasn't a Mog-ur.
(d) She was no longer a member of the Clan.
14. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) He left it on a hillside.
(b) High in a tree.
(c) He buried it.
(d) He burnt it.
15. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayla name the horse?
2. How long had the boat turned out to be?
3. What did the hyena manage to make off with?
4. What had become a foregone luxury?
5. What do the Shamudoi hunt?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)