|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A finger snap.
(c) A click.
(d) A warble.
2. Why is it likely that Noria would birth a child of Jondalar's spirit?
(a) Noria would sleep with no other man.
(b) All of these.
(c) Noria would sleep with him till she conceived.
(d) Haduma had great magic.
3. What animal had injured Thonolan?
(a) A rhino.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cave lion.
(d) A mammoth.
4. How many flatheads surrounded Jondalar and Thonolan?
5. What kind of tree isn't mentioned for lance making?
6. What is the only thing Ayla lacked in the valley?
7. When did Ayla realize that Whinney had gone where Ayla wanted her to go?
(a) When she flushed a giant hamster.
(b) None of these.
(c) When she flushed a ptarmigan.
(d) When she got Whinney to jump a creek.
8. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
(a) The person was androgynous.
(b) The person was male, and a healer.
(c) The person was female and a healer.
(d) The person looked like a female but was a male.
9. What stone did every person in the Clan carry?
(a) Red ochre.
(b) Iron pyrite.
(c) An ochre stained oval of mammoth ivory.
(d) Black manganese dioxide.
10. What wood makes good boats?
(d) Green oak.
11. What was the little foal more afraid of?
(a) The hyenas.
(c) Being alone.
(d) Leaving its dam.
12. What did the first stones from Ayla's sling show the hyenas?
(a) That the reindeer was not an easy target.
(b) Ayla's range.
(c) All of these.
(d) That Ayla wasn't to be trifled with.
13. Why didn't Ayla want one of the older reindeer?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Their meat was tough.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Their hides were scarred.
14. Why did Ayla continue making mashes for the horse even when she no longer needed them?
(a) The horse begged for them.
(b) All of these.
(c) The horse wouldn't eat the other stuff.
(d) The horse liked them.
15. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) High in a tree.
(b) He buried it.
(c) He left it on a hillside.
(d) He burnt it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
2. What thickens the stew that Tholie brought with her?
3. What stone, when combined with flint, produced a spark?
4. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
5. Who had been the Clan's master toolmaker?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)