|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stone did every person in the Clan carry?
(a) Black manganese dioxide.
(b) Iron pyrite.
(c) Red ochre.
(d) An ochre stained oval of mammoth ivory.
2. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
3. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
(a) High in a tree.
(b) He burnt it.
(c) He left it on a hillside.
(d) He buried it.
4. What was Creb's favorite food?
(b) Forest chicken.
5. What was the tree called that was adorned with offerings?
(a) The Mating Tree.
(b) The Wishing Tree.
(c) The Blessing Tree.
(d) The Mother Tree.
6. What were plantain leaves good for?
(a) When in tea form, soaking ones feet would remove weariness.
(b) All of these.
(c) Poultices for a cough.
(d) Sturdy, healing bandages for cuts and wounds.
7. What did Ayla use on her hair?
(a) A teasel.
(b) A brush.
(c) A comb.
(d) All of these.
8. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
(a) Its steep path would be hard to traverse for predatory animals.
(b) Its location close to running water.
(c) Its location high above the valley.
(d) A hole for smoke to escape.
9. Who was the young woman Jondalar had been talking to?
10. What did the hyena manage to make off with?
(a) A leg.
(b) A haunch.
(c) A whole shank.
(d) None of these.
11. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
(a) Her home means a lot to her.
(b) Too many other men would vie for her attention.
(c) She wouldn't fit in.
(d) She wouldn't be able to contribute.
12. What was the great sturgeon called?
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
13. What advantage did Ayla have over other Clan women?
(a) She was a medicine woman.
(b) None of these.
(c) She was adaptable.
(d) She could hunt.
14. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
(a) A mammoth.
(b) An elk.
(c) A woolly rhinoceros.
(d) A giant sturgeon.
15. Who had been the Clan's master toolmaker?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
2. What was Ayla's hide tent made of?
3. What was interesting about the person with dignified bearing?
4. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
5. What thickens the stew that Tholie brought with her?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)