|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ayla use on her hair?
(a) A teasel.
(b) All of these.
(c) A comb.
(d) A brush.
2. What kind of tree isn't mentioned for lance making?
3. Who had been the Clan's master toolmaker?
4. What large animal did Ayla decide to hunt?
(a) A woolly rhinoceros.
(b) A mammoth.
(c) A horse.
(d) An auroch.
5. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) None of these.
(c) She is close kin.
(d) She is his cousin.
6. How long had the boat turned out to be?
(a) Ten feet in length.
(b) Twenty five feet in length.
(c) Sixty feet in length.
(d) Fifty feet in length.
7. What is the foehn?
(a) A spring wind.
(b) A summer wind.
(c) A cold snap.
(d) A heat wave.
8. What were the traveling cakes made of?
(a) Dried berries.
(b) Rendered animal fat.
(c) All of these.
(d) Ground up dried meat.
9. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
10. What was the little foal more afraid of?
(a) Being alone.
(b) The hyenas.
(c) Leaving its dam.
11. What is the Great Mother River called today?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Sister.
(d) The Danube.
12. What did Thonolan perceive the pretty girl to be?
(a) A goddess.
(b) An angel.
(c) All of these.
(d) A donii.
13. What did Jondalar give Noria?
(a) His heart.
(b) A fur he had prepared for her.
(c) His tunic.
(d) His donii.
14. Who of the Hadumai group could speak Zelandonii?
15. What was the problem with fording the channels?
(a) All of these.
(b) She was not a strong swimmer.
(c) She had a fear of water.
(d) Her possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the woman that Jondalar was seeing?
2. Why wouldn't Jetamio be happy with the Zelandonii?
3. What did Jondalar fear while traveling by boat?
4. What made Ayla grateful for the height of her cave?
5. What thickens the stew that Tholie brought with her?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)