|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
2. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
(a) A herd of reindeer.
(b) A herd of Saiga antelope.
(c) A herd of mammoth.
(d) A herd of woolly rhinoceros.
3. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) The horse haunches.
(b) A large bale of hay.
(c) Mammoth tusks.
(d) A wizened old woman.
4. Why is it likely that Noria would birth a child of Jondalar's spirit?
(a) Noria would sleep with no other man.
(b) All of these.
(c) Haduma had great magic.
(d) Noria would sleep with him till she conceived.
5. Why did Ayla hesitate at the invoking of the Clan spirits?
(a) She wasn't a Mog-ur.
(b) She didn't know how to call upon them.
(c) She was no longer a member of the Clan.
(d) She wasn't sure they would approve.
6. What wood makes good boats?
(a) Green oak.
7. What did Jondalar give Noria?
(a) His heart.
(b) His donii.
(c) A fur he had prepared for her.
(d) His tunic.
8. Why didn't Ayla want one of the older reindeer?
(a) Their hides were scarred.
(b) Their meat was tough.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
9. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A leather wrap around her breasts.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) A leather thong around her hair.
10. What had become a foregone luxury?
(a) Fresh greens.
(d) Easily filled waterbags.
11. What was Ayla's hide tent made of?
(a) Giant Deer.
(b) Bear skin.
12. What did Ayla name the horse?
13. What had become a habit for Ayla in the mornings?
(a) Washing her wrap.
(b) Washing her hair.
(c) Checking the horses.
(d) Going for a swim.
14. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
15. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
(a) Its location high above the valley.
(b) A hole for smoke to escape.
(c) Its location close to running water.
(d) Its steep path would be hard to traverse for predatory animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the boat turned out to be?
2. What was the problem with fording the channels?
3. What did Ayla rely on when night fell?
4. What would make sure that her meat wouldn't be disturbed?
5. What does Jondalar wish the healer would let him do?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)