|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the cave lion to back into Ayla's lap?
(a) The nicker of the horse.
(b) The loud sound of Whinney's hooves.
(c) The appearance of the huge horse.
(d) The cub didn't back into Ayla's lap.
2. What rule must never be forgotten?
(a) Never turn your back on the Mother.
(b) Never let a boat take on too much water.
(c) Always keep a tool pouch close by.
(d) Never turn your back on the Sister.
3. What did Ayla learn in Chapter 24 about the Others?
(a) Flatheads are considered animals.
(b) There is no universal language among the Others.
(c) All of these.
(d) She is not big and ugly.
4. What did cave lions do during the summer?
(a) Grow restless.
(c) Look for a mate.
5. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) She is his cousin.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is close kin.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
2. What did Jondalar think of naming the colt?
3. What did Jondalar give Noria?
4. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
5. Who else had Jondalar told about Zolena?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)