|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been killed in an earthquake?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Ayla's mother.
2. What did Jondalar call Ayla's son?
(a) A horrible affront to the Mother.
(b) All of these
(c) A filthy hyena.
(d) An abomination of mixed spirits.
3. Why doesn't a donii usually have a face?
(a) The face of a donii attracts the spirit.
(b) The face of the Mother is unknowable.
(c) The Mother isn't invited into the figurine when there is a face.
(d) All of these.
4. What did Ayla learn in Chapter 24 about the Others?
(a) She is not big and ugly.
(b) There is no universal language among the Others.
(c) All of these.
(d) Flatheads are considered animals.
5. What was/is Ayla's totem?
(a) A lynx.
(b) A cave lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A eagle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thickens the stew that Tholie brought with her?
2. When did Ayla realize that Whinney had gone where Ayla wanted her to go?
3. What does Thonolan tell Jondalar he has to look forward to?
4. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
5. What do the Shamudoi hunt?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)