|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Great Mother River called today?
(a) The Sister.
(b) The Danube.
(d) The Nile.
2. What landmark does Laduni tell Jondalar and Thonolan to look for?
(a) A mountain with two peaks.
(b) A tree with three trunks.
(c) A big whirlpool in the river.
(d) A gnarled tree with no leaves.
3. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
(a) The crack of a tree falling and hitting the ground.
(b) None of these.
4. What did Thonolan perceive the pretty girl to be?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A donii.
(c) An angel.
(d) All of these.
5. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) A large bale of hay.
(b) Mammoth tusks.
(c) A wizened old woman.
(d) The horse haunches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jondalar put one of the tunics?
2. What did Ayla like to wear for comfort?
3. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
4. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
5. What did the fossil of the gastropod represent to her?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)