|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Jondalar mate Joplaya?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) None of these.
(c) She is close kin.
(d) She is his cousin.
2. What large animal did Ayla decide to hunt?
(a) An auroch.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mammoth.
(d) A woolly rhinoceros.
3. What stone, when combined with flint, produced a spark?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Iron pyrite.
(c) Neither of these.
4. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
(a) A herd of Saiga antelope.
(b) A herd of mammoth.
(c) A herd of reindeer.
(d) A herd of woolly rhinoceros.
5. What was the problem with fording the channels?
(a) She was not a strong swimmer.
(b) Her possessions.
(c) She had a fear of water.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
2. What had Broud done to hurt Ayla?
3. What made Ayla grateful for the height of her cave?
4. How many flatheads surrounded Jondalar and Thonolan?
5. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)