|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it likely that Noria would birth a child of Jondalar's spirit?
(a) Noria would sleep with no other man.
(b) All of these.
(c) Noria would sleep with him till she conceived.
(d) Haduma had great magic.
2. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
(a) A bone with cave lion teeth marks.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) A clear quartz crystal.
3. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
4. What is the foehn?
(a) A cold snap.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A summer wind.
(d) A spring wind.
5. What is the phrase that people say?
(a) "Never go forth when mammoth's go north".
(b) "Never go forth in a snow storm".
(c) "Never go forth when rhino's go north".
(d) "Always caution when Oxen are rotten".
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
2. What smell brought an instinctive fear to the horses?
3. What did Ayla decide she would gather that day?
4. Who of the Hadumai group could speak Zelandonii?
5. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)