|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large animal did Ayla decide to hunt?
(a) An auroch.
(b) A mammoth.
(c) A horse.
(d) A woolly rhinoceros.
2. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
(a) Its steep path would be hard to traverse for predatory animals.
(b) A hole for smoke to escape.
(c) Its location high above the valley.
(d) Its location close to running water.
3. Who was Jondalar supposed to mate at the Summer Meeting?
4. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) A large bale of hay.
(b) A wizened old woman.
(c) Mammoth tusks.
(d) The horse haunches.
5. What is the foehn?
(a) A cold snap.
(b) A heat wave.
(c) A summer wind.
(d) A spring wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the great sturgeon called?
2. What is the Great Mother River called today?
3. What girl was interested in Jondalar?
4. What color does Thonolan miss?
5. What did the hyena manage to make off with?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)