|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ayla's fear regarding the Others?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That they might be like the ones that harmed Oda.
(c) That they might be like Broud.
(d) Both of these.
2. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
(a) Both of these.
(b) A bone with cave lion teeth marks.
(c) A clear quartz crystal.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What is the phrase that people say?
(a) "Never go forth when mammoth's go north".
(b) "Never go forth when rhino's go north".
(c) "Never go forth in a snow storm".
(d) "Always caution when Oxen are rotten".
4. What color does Thonolan miss?
5. What were the traveling cakes made of?
(a) Rendered animal fat.
(b) All of these.
(c) Dried berries.
(d) Ground up dried meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
2. What was reminiscent of an earthquake to Ayla?
3. What landmark does Laduni tell Jondalar and Thonolan to look for?
4. What large animal did Ayla decide to hunt?
5. What is the only thing Ayla lacked in the valley?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)