|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what shape had she shaped the snow pile?
(a) Creb's face.
(b) Brun's face.
(c) Iza's face.
(d) An igloo.
2. What question does Ayla ask of Jondalar once he is done making the blades?
(a) If there is an objection to women making tools.
(b) If Jondalar knew any female tool makers.
(c) If she could try Jondalar's technique.
(d) If Jondalar would teach her how to do his technique.
3. When did Ayla realize that Whinney had gone where Ayla wanted her to go?
(a) When she flushed a giant hamster.
(b) None of these.
(c) When she flushed a ptarmigan.
(d) When she got Whinney to jump a creek.
4. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) A large bale of hay.
(b) A wizened old woman.
(c) Mammoth tusks.
(d) The horse haunches.
5. What was chamomile for?
(a) A mild wash for wounds.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) A digestive aid.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the chamois resemble?
2. What were plantain leaves good for?
3. Why did Ayla hesitate at the invoking of the Clan spirits?
4. What advantage did Ayla have over other Clan women?
5. What does Jondalar notice is missing from Ayla's implements?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)