|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were plantain leaves good for?
(a) Poultices for a cough.
(b) Sturdy, healing bandages for cuts and wounds.
(c) When in tea form, soaking ones feet would remove weariness.
(d) All of these.
2. What was the burly man carrying on his back?
(a) Mammoth tusks.
(b) The horse haunches.
(c) A large bale of hay.
(d) A wizened old woman.
3. Who had almost drowned and had been rescued by Ayla?
4. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
5. What is the phrase that people say?
(a) "Never go forth when rhino's go north".
(b) "Never go forth when mammoth's go north".
(c) "Always caution when Oxen are rotten".
(d) "Never go forth in a snow storm".
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jondalar make for Thonolan after he was gored?
2. What animal's tails adorned Jondalar and Thonolan's parkas?
3. What were Jondalar and Thonolan hunting?
4. Who antagonizes the flatheads?
5. What did Ayla decide she would gather that day?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)