|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ayla think when Jondalar removed his hand from her?
(a) Both of these.
(b) That she was doing something wrong.
(c) That she was too ugly to relieve his needs with her.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What large animal did Ayla decide to hunt?
(a) A woolly rhinoceros.
(b) A horse.
(c) An auroch.
(d) A mammoth.
3. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
(a) Its steep path would be hard to traverse for predatory animals.
(b) Its location close to running water.
(c) A hole for smoke to escape.
(d) Its location high above the valley.
4. What was/is Ayla's totem?
(a) A eagle.
(b) A lynx.
(c) A bear.
(d) A cave lion.
5. What rule must never be forgotten?
(a) Never turn your back on the Sister.
(b) Always keep a tool pouch close by.
(c) Never turn your back on the Mother.
(d) Never let a boat take on too much water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign(s) did Ayla find from her totem?
2. What were Jondalar and Thonolan hunting?
3. What did the first stones from Ayla's sling show the hyenas?
4. What kind of berries did Ayla come across?
5. What was the extent of the cub's injuries?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)