|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the special meaning behind the saiga antelope?
(a) It was Iza's totem.
(b) It was Creb's totem.
(c) It was Uba's totem.
(d) It was Durc's totem.
2. What large animal did Ayla decide to hunt?
(a) A mammoth.
(b) An auroch.
(c) A woolly rhinoceros.
(d) A horse.
3. What animal did Jondalar see that he thought there would be no point to hunting?
(a) A woolly rhinoceros.
(b) A mammoth.
(c) An elk.
(d) A giant sturgeon.
4. What distinct advantage did the cave offer?
(a) A hole for smoke to escape.
(b) Its steep path would be hard to traverse for predatory animals.
(c) Its location high above the valley.
(d) Its location close to running water.
5. What made the young horse come to Ayla?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A click.
(c) A warble.
(d) A finger snap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who of the Hadumai group could speak Zelandonii?
2. How many children had Haduma had?
3. What stone, when combined with flint, produced a spark?
4. What does Thonolan tell Jondalar he has to look forward to?
5. What had caused Ayla to forget the intense cold of the steppes?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)