|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did V-Day celebrate it's 10th anniversary?
2. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
3. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she saw vaginas as?
4. What is described as the most successful tool for fund-raising and raising awareness for V-Day?
5. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Prostitution is portrayed very interestingly in the book with it almost being shown as helpful rather than harmful. Analyze the author's portrayal of prostitution in the play and discuss her reasons behind allowing the speaker of "The Woman Who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" to offer such advice to readers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of various cultural traditions in the play and analyze the impact they have on women. What impact do the traditions discussed in "Crooked Braid" and "Under the Burqa" have on the women subjected to follow them because of the culture they live in?
This section contains 1,173 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)