Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
2. What does the author realize she forgot to discuss that is integral to understanding vaginas in some of the commentary of the book?
3. As what race would the characters in "Crooked Braid" be classified?
4. Where has the process of transformation in women not begun, according to "V-World"?
5. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" believe moaning does?
Discuss the author's use of personification in the book, especially in the descriptions of the vagina. How does the author make the vagina into a character in the book, and how is it humanized?
Violence against women is a leading theme in the author's overall message to the readers of the book. Part 1.) Why does the author argue that women are more subjected to violence than men? Part 2.) How does the author use visual imagery to raise awareness to the commonplace of female violence in the world? Part 3.) What efforts does the author make to try and bring an end to violence against women?
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)