Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
2. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
4. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
5. What does the last interview shown in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say the author needed to address about the vagina?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of various cultural traditions in the play and analyze the impact they have on women. What impact do the traditions discussed in "Crooked Braid" and "Under the Burqa" have on the women subjected to follow them because of the culture they live in?
Essay Topic 2
Lesbianism is a theme heavily discussed throughout the book, especially in monologues like "The Woman that Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" and "The Little Coochie Snorcher that Could ". Compare and contrast the portrayals of lesbianism in these two monologues and discuss what reason the author had for creating juxtaposition between these two lesbian speakers.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's portrayal of war in the play and the impact it has on the characters discussed in the monologues. What impact does the war have on the women living in the regions where the war was going on, according to the author's portrayal of the Bosnian war victims in the book?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)