|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What human organ does the author find comparison to the vagina in "I Was there in the Room"?
2. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
3. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" read a list of at the end of the monologue?
4. What would often happen during live presentations of The Vagina Monologues according to "Pushing the Edge"?
5. What is the title of the monologue that describes how a young woman was one of hundreds kidnapped and murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the prostitute's work described in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
2. What does the author say the word home meant to the homeless women discussed in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
3. How does the prostitute describe female moaning in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
4. How is the burqa described in the monologue "Under the Burqa"?
5. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
6. How is the expansion of V-Day described in "The V-Day Model Expands"?
7. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
8. What role did college campuses have in furthering the V-Day movement?
9. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
10. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Violence against women is a leading theme in the author's overall message to the readers of the book. Part 1.) Why does the author argue that women are more subjected to violence than men? Part 2.) How does the author use visual imagery to raise awareness to the commonplace of female violence in the world? Part 3.) What efforts does the author make to try and bring an end to violence against women?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of various cultural traditions in the play and analyze the impact they have on women. What impact do the traditions discussed in "Crooked Braid" and "Under the Burqa" have on the women subjected to follow them because of the culture they live in?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)