|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the heading used on the monologues paying tribute to women affected by violence?
2. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a collection of as a child?
3. How does the abused woman from another country become disfigured because of her husband?
4. Where is the Vulva Club's main headquarters located?
5. What does the author say she felt about the sensual, sexually explicit words of the speaker in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say about birth at the beginning of "I Was There In the Room"?
2. What role did college campuses have in furthering the V-Day movement?
3. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
4. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
5. How does the prostitute describe female moaning in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
6. What does the lesbian that is in the second interview in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say about vaginas?
7. What conclusion does the author come to regarding the words of the prostitute at the end of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
8. What is the nature of the short monologue "I Asked a Six Year Old Girl"?
9. How does a woman attempt to shame her husband in "Crooked Braid"?
10. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role menstruation plays in the book. What place does menstruation have in the creation of the female identity, according to the monologue "When I was Twelve My Mother Slapped me"?
Essay Topic 3
The subject of birth is fully examined in the book, namely in the monologue "I Was There in the Room". What connection does the author say that the vagina and the heart have that she realized after witnessing the birth of her granddaughter?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)