|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete this sentence by a young girl regarding the vagina, "Somewhere inside it, I know it has a really smart ______".
2. What does the author comment that the woman who the monologue "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" was based on feels about her portrayal?
3. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
4. Which of the following regions were not mentioned in the campaign discussed in "V-World"?
5. Complete the sentence of this statement in "Pushing the Edge" about V-Day, "Shatters taboos, lifts the veil of ______ from the issue of violence against women, and pushes the edge".
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the nature of the "Spotlight Monologues".
2. What is the nature of the short monologue "I Asked a Six Year Old Girl"?
3. How does a woman attempt to shame her husband in "Crooked Braid"?
4. How is the prostitute's work described in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
5. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
6. Describe the speaker's dissection of the word cunt in the play.
7. How does the author address spousal violence in "Islamabad"?
8. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her intimate encounter with an older woman when she was 16?
9. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her relationship with her vagina?
10. What role did college campuses have in furthering the V-Day movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of the "Vagina Fact" in the book. What information might the author be trying to distribute to the reader through these facts and the Vagina Facts throughout the play?
Essay Topic 2
Lesbianism is a theme heavily discussed throughout the book, especially in monologues like "The Woman that Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" and "The Little Coochie Snorcher that Could ". Compare and contrast the portrayals of lesbianism in these two monologues and discuss what reason the author had for creating juxtaposition between these two lesbian speakers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)