|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she saw vaginas as?
2. What does the author say most of the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" suffered as young girls?
3. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the third question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
4. How does the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" say she felt about being a woman?
5. What does the speaker of "Reclaiming Cunt" do to the word itself to renounce its vulgarity?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
2. Describe the contents of the "V-Timeline: Ten Years of Vagina Victories" at the end of the book.
3. What does the lesbian that is in the second interview in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say about vaginas?
4. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
5. How does the author describe the birth of her granddaughter in the book?
6. What conclusion does the author come to regarding the words of the prostitute at the end of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
7. Describe the plight the transgendered woman faced in "They Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so they Tried".
8. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
9. How is the young woman from Juarez described in the monologues of the same title?
10. What role did college campuses have in furthering the V-Day movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Violence against women is a leading theme in the author's overall message to the readers of the book. Part 1.) Why does the author argue that women are more subjected to violence than men? Part 2.) How does the author use visual imagery to raise awareness to the commonplace of female violence in the world? Part 3.) What efforts does the author make to try and bring an end to violence against women?
Essay Topic 2
The author makes use of the literary technique of juxtaposition to better exemplify the variety of ways the vagina is viewed. Discuss a specific instance where juxtaposition occurred and what purpose the author had for creating such an obvious contrast within her text.
Essay Topic 3
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)