Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
2. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
4. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
5. What does the last interview shown in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say the author needed to address about the vagina?
Violence against women is a leading theme in the author's overall message to the readers of the book. Part 1.) Why does the author argue that women are more subjected to violence than men? Part 2.) How does the author use visual imagery to raise awareness to the commonplace of female violence in the world? Part 3.) What efforts does the author make to try and bring an end to violence against women?
The author's choice to use the monologue method allowed her to take an intimate glance into the thoughts women have about their most intimate parts. Part 1.) How does the use of the monologue make us better relate to the characters in the play? Part 2.) What information would have been lost if the author had chosen to not use the monologue method for the play? Part 3.) What would be some of the downfalls to using the monologue method considering some of the speaker's complaints in the play?
The author allows herself to become a character in the book by adding commentary throughout the play. What reason did the author have for inputting so much personal information into the context of the book, and did it help or hinder the text?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)