|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the heading used on the monologues paying tribute to women affected by violence?
2. What kind of detail could describe the speaker's list at the end of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
3. How many people does the author interview in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
4. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
5. What holiday was the first V-Day presentation held on?
Essay Topic 1
The author allows herself to become a character in the book by adding commentary throughout the play. What reason did the author have for inputting so much personal information into the context of the book, and did it help or hinder the text?
Essay Topic 2
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
Essay Topic 3
The vagina is one of the leading themes presented in the book as a whole. Part 1.) How does the author personify the vagina in the book? Part 2.) What myths does the author try to dispel in the play about the vagina and how does she go about doing so? Part 3.) Why do you think the vagina has become a taboo and not often discussed topic in modern culture?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)