|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would the nature of the monologue "I Was There in the Room" be described?
2. Complete the following sentence by the author discussing female victims of violence, "women were totally at risk, where they had been raped or murdered or dismissed or simply not allowed to ______".
3. What does the author say most of the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" suffered as young girls?
4. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
5. What does the author find a connection between in the comments before "I Was There in the Room"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role menstruation plays in the book. What place does menstruation have in the creation of the female identity, according to the monologue "When I was Twelve My Mother Slapped me"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
Essay Topic 3
The vagina is one of the leading themes presented in the book as a whole. Part 1.) How does the author personify the vagina in the book? Part 2.) What myths does the author try to dispel in the play about the vagina and how does she go about doing so? Part 3.) Why do you think the vagina has become a taboo and not often discussed topic in modern culture?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)