|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" find inspiration from when naming her vagina?
2. How does the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" say she felt about being a woman?
3. What is the title of the monologue that describes an abused woman in a foreign country?
4. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
5. What does the speaker of "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say she saw vaginas as?
Essay Topic 1
Lesbianism is a theme heavily discussed throughout the book, especially in monologues like "The Woman that Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" and "The Little Coochie Snorcher that Could ". Compare and contrast the portrayals of lesbianism in these two monologues and discuss what reason the author had for creating juxtaposition between these two lesbian speakers.
Essay Topic 2
The overall theme of the book and the play itself is to celebrate and fight for the empowerment of women. Part 1.) How does the subject matter presented in the play suggest a need for women empowerment and what goal are they hoping to achieve from encouraging it? Part 2.) What role does the public performances of the Vagina Monologues have on the growing movement of women empowerment around the world, especially on college campuses?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role menstruation plays in the book. What place does menstruation have in the creation of the female identity, according to the monologue "When I was Twelve My Mother Slapped me"?
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)