|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
2. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
4. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
5. What does the last interview shown in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say the author needed to address about the vagina?
Essay Topic 1
Violence against women is a leading theme in the author's overall message to the readers of the book. Part 1.) Why does the author argue that women are more subjected to violence than men? Part 2.) How does the author use visual imagery to raise awareness to the commonplace of female violence in the world? Part 3.) What efforts does the author make to try and bring an end to violence against women?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of the "Vagina Fact" in the book. What information might the author be trying to distribute to the reader through these facts and the Vagina Facts throughout the play?
Essay Topic 3
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)