|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would the speaker of "The Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so the Tried" be described?
2. Where has the process of transformation in women not begun, according to "V-World"?
3. What does the author say was a scary word for the women discussed in the introduction to "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
4. Which of the following ways did the author not say women deserved in the monologue "Going Worldwide"?
5. When did V-Day celebrate it's 10th anniversary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the authors describe the original creation of V-Day by Eve Ensler in the monologue "In the Beginning"?
2. How does the speaker in "The Vulva Club" describe naming her vagina?
3. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
4. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
5. What does the Center for Reproductive Law and Policy tell us about genital mutilation?
6. What is the nature of the short monologue "I Asked a Six Year Old Girl"?
7. What does the author say the word home meant to the homeless women discussed in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could"?
8. How does the speaker in "The Little Coochi Snorcher that Could" describe her intimate encounter with an older woman when she was 16?
9. How are the spotlight campaigns described in "V-World"?
10. How is raising V-Day awareness described in "Spreading the Word"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's portrayal of war in the play and the impact it has on the characters discussed in the monologues. What impact does the war have on the women living in the regions where the war was going on, according to the author's portrayal of the Bosnian war victims in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the portrayal of men and women in the book. What might we be able to learn about the author's opinions of men based on their portrayal in the book; how do men create violence for women?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)