|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
2. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
4. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
5. What does the last interview shown in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say the author needed to address about the vagina?
Essay Topic 1
The V-Day Movement is an important theme the author discusses in the book. Discuss the role The Vagina Monologues has played in the success of the V-Day Movement, especially noting the public performances of the play, and how it has improved the success of this movement.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of personification in the book, especially in the descriptions of the vagina. How does the author make the vagina into a character in the book, and how is it humanized?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's portrayal of rape in the book. What role might the author's own experience with rape have on the way it is addressed in the play?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)