Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
2. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
4. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
5. What does the last interview shown in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say the author needed to address about the vagina?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of various cultural traditions in the play and analyze the impact they have on women. What impact do the traditions discussed in "Crooked Braid" and "Under the Burqa" have on the women subjected to follow them because of the culture they live in?
Essay Topic 2
Prostitution is portrayed very interestingly in the book with it almost being shown as helpful rather than harmful. Analyze the author's portrayal of prostitution in the play and discuss her reasons behind allowing the speaker of "The Woman Who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" to offer such advice to readers.
Essay Topic 3
In monologues like "Reclaiming Cunt" and "The Little Coochie Snorcher that Could", it is clear that the author has exhibited the great power words can have. Part 1.) What argument might the author be making about words based on her use of such vulgar language in many parts of the book? Part 2.) What might the author want for readers to learn about the power words can have over others, based on her use of them in the book, and what might she be hoping for others to do with that power?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)