|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does the woman describe as intensely passionate in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
2. Who does the author discuss the birth of in the book?
3. Complete the sentence from the monologue "Islamabad", "Inside this monstrous mask, inside the death of her esteem, inside his wish to maker her _______".
4. Which of the following adjectives is not used when describing the thought of wearing a Muslim headpiece?
5. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the third question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the prostitute's work described in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
2. Describe the plight the transgendered woman faced in "They Beat the Girl out of my Boy...or so they Tried".
3. How does a woman attempt to shame her husband in "Crooked Braid"?
4. What does the lesbian that is in the second interview in "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say about vaginas?
5. How does the author describe the reactions of her public performances of the Vagina Monologues in "Reclaiming cunt"?
6. What is the nature of the responses to the question "What does a Vagina Smell Like"?
7. How does the author address spousal violence in "Islamabad"?
8. How are the spotlight campaigns described in "V-World"?
9. Describe the speaker's dissection of the word cunt in the play.
10. How does the author say she believed she was objectifying women in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of genital mutilation in the play. What reason can you give for the rate of genital mutilation to be higher in Africa than any other place in the world?
Essay Topic 2
The author allows herself to become a character in the book by adding commentary throughout the play. What reason did the author have for inputting so much personal information into the context of the book, and did it help or hinder the text?
Essay Topic 3
Lesbianism is a theme heavily discussed throughout the book, especially in monologues like "The Woman that Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" and "The Little Coochie Snorcher that Could ". Compare and contrast the portrayals of lesbianism in these two monologues and discuss what reason the author had for creating juxtaposition between these two lesbian speakers.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)