Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say she had a childhood passion for?
2. What does the author say was a big influence in the spread of the V-Day movement across the United States?
3. What does the speaker of "The Vulva Club" say about how she felt when naming her vagina?
4. What group does the author discuss in the introduction to "Reclaiming Cunt"?
5. What does the last interview shown in the comments after "The Woman who Loved to Make Vaginas Happy" say the author needed to address about the vagina?
Essay Topic 1
The author allows herself to become a character in the book by adding commentary throughout the play. What reason did the author have for inputting so much personal information into the context of the book, and did it help or hinder the text?
Essay Topic 2
The subject of birth is fully examined in the book, namely in the monologue "I Was There in the Room". What connection does the author say that the vagina and the heart have that she realized after witnessing the birth of her granddaughter?
Essay Topic 3
The author makes use of the literary technique of juxtaposition to better exemplify the variety of ways the vagina is viewed. Discuss a specific instance where juxtaposition occurred and what purpose the author had for creating such an obvious contrast within her text.
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)