|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent does the speaker of the monologue "The Flood" have?
(a) Jewish, Queens.
2. What age group are the women that are first discussed in the introduction to "The Flood"?
(b) Early 20s.
(c) 60s and older.
3. Which of the following objects were not used to rape women in war zones, according to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) Broom handles.
4. What war does the author discuss in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The Bosnian War.
(d) The Korean War.
5. What does a woman's boyfriend help her to do in regards to her vagina in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(a) Hurt it.
(b) Disconnect with it.
(c) Hate it.
(d) Accept and enjoy it.
6. Apart from having their clitorises removed, what does a newspaper article say was also a common surgery involved in genital mutilation?
(a) Tying their tubes.
(b) Sewing their vagina shut.
(c) Placing a chastity belt on them.
(d) Placing a metal plate in them.
7. What does the speaker in the first monologue of the play say you must love in order to love the vagina?
(a) Pubic hair.
(b) The woman.
(c) The mind.
8. What kind of accent does the speaker of the monologue "The Vagina Workshop" have?
9. How does the speaker of "The Vagina Monologue" describe her first real orgasm?
10. Where was the author shocked to discover many rapes taking place in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) The United States.
11. Why does a woman claim her husband started "screwing around" in the first monologue of the play?
(a) She gained weight.
(b) She cheated on him.
(c) She had children.
(d) She didn't please him sexually.
12. What year did the war discussed in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" take place?
13. What does the woman discussed in the introduction to "The Flood" do when she finally finds her clitoris?
14. What was the purpose of removing the clitoris in the United States, when it was still performed?
(a) To punish women.
(b) To cure rape.
(c) To prevent pregnancy.
(d) To cure masturbation.
15. What anniversary does the book celebrate for the Vagina Monologue's original publication?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
2. What does the author say simply having a vagina makes an individual a target for, in the Preface?
3. What kind of art does the author of the Forward describe as portraying the power of the female?
4. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say began to emerge from other women around her?
5. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)