|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say bled into one another around her?
(a) Voices of mothers and daughters.
(b) Voices of men.
(c) Voices of women.
(d) Voices of rape victims.
2. What does the author say it is difficult for a woman to actually do in regards to her vagina in the opening comments before the play?
(a) Feel it.
(b) See it.
(c) Smell it.
(d) Understand it.
3. How does the speaker of "The Flood" first react about talking about "down there"?
4. What idea does the workshop discussed in "The Vagina Workshop" want women to go towards?
(a) Having sex with their husbands.
(b) Becoming better women.
(c) Having sex with other women.
(d) Having an orgasm.
5. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(c) Odd looking.
6. In what year does the investigation of witchcraft discussed in the vagina fact take place?
7. What kind of western religions does the author say recreates the shape of female organs in their architecture?
8. How does the speaker of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her orgasms before the workshop?
9. What anniversary does the book celebrate for the Vagina Monologue's original publication?
10. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) THe Boston Globe.
(b) The Chicago Tribute.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Times-Picayune.
11. Where does the vagina fact quote from when discussing women's roles in the witch trials?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets.
(c) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
(d) Woman: An Intimate Geography.
12. What is described as "the leaf around the flower" in the book?
(a) The vagina.
(b) Pubic hair.
(c) The female form.
(d) The brain.
13. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
14. Which source does the author quote as saying the vagina has a high concentration of nerves?
(a) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Woman: An Intimate Geography.
(d) The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets.
15. What does the speaker of "The Flood" say her first experience with the flood made her do towards her vagina?
(a) Shut down from it mentally and emotionally.
(b) Become closer to it.
(c) Become embarrassed by it.
(d) Get to know it better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author of the Forward travel to and discover much about female genitalia's power?
2. What kind of procedures were performed on orgasmic women who were deemed to have medical problems?
3. What type of jewel does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" say her vagina should be wearing?
4. What does the author say being raped made her do mentally and emotionally from her vagina?
5. How does the speaker of "The Flood" say she feels after discussing her private parts?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)