|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the woman described in the introduction to "The Flood" that had never seen her vagina?
2. In what year was the last clitoris removal performed in the United States?
3. Which source does the author quote as saying the vagina has a high concentration of nerves?
(a) Woman: An Intimate Geography.
(b) The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
4. What does the author say triggered change in the view of women across the world?
(a) Informational pamphlets.
5. What region does the newspaper article used in one of the vagina facts say is most susceptible to genital mutilation in women?
(b) Eastern Europe.
6. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) The Chicago Tribute.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) THe Boston Globe.
(d) The Times-Picayune.
7. What does the speaker of "The Flood" say made her resentful for having to talk about her vagina?
(b) Her period.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Being raped.
8. What age group are the women that are first discussed in the introduction to "The Flood"?
(a) 60s and older.
(b) Early 20s.
9. What sign does the speaker of "The Flood" say she wishes she could hang on her privates?
(a) "No Entry".
(b) "Keep Out".
(d) "Closed Due to Flooding".
10. Who advises the woman in the introduction to "The Flood", who had never seen her vagina, to take time and find her clitoris?
(a) Her girlfriend.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her gynocologist.
(d) Her therapist.
11. What reaction very rarely occurs in the reactions shared in "...My Mother Slapped Me"?
12. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
(a) Little boats and sea animals.
13. What is the name of the global movement created by the author to create awareness for women?
14. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
15. What does the author say being raped made her do mentally and emotionally from her vagina?
(a) Become angry with.
(d) Increase its use.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the investigation of witchcraft discussed in the vagina fact take place?
2. What is the title of the first monologue in the book?
3. What does the speaker of "The Flood" say brought on her first experience with a flood?
4. What do the workshop participants in "The Vagina Workshop" try to become with their vaginas?
5. What anniversary does the book celebrate for the Vagina Monologue's original publication?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)