|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) The Times-Picayune.
(b) THe Boston Globe.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Chicago Tribute.
2. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(b) A male tuxedo.
(c) Combat boots.
(d) A turtleneck.
3. What does the speaker in the first monologue of the play say you must love in order to love the vagina?
(a) Pubic hair.
(b) The woman.
(c) The mind.
4. What does the speaker of "My Vagina was a Village" describe her vagina as before the war?
(a) A safety net.
(b) A wet water village.
(c) A harbor.
(d) A heart.
5. What does the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop" use to describe the vagina?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A shell or flower.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A butterfly.
6. What kind of western religions does the author say recreates the shape of female organs in their architecture?
7. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
8. Which of the following descriptions does the speaker of "Because He Liked to Look at It" not use to describe her boyfriend's admiration of her privates?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He took pictures of it.
(c) He became familiar with it.
(d) He took time to explore it.
9. What weapon of war does the author wish to raise awareness of in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
10. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(a) Odd looking.
11. What physical structures does the author say western religions used religious art in the Forward?
(a) The churches.
(b) The prisons.
(c) The stores.
(d) Their homes.
12. What does a woman describe that her husband does not like about her in the first monologue of the play?
(a) Her vagina.
(b) Her breasts.
(c) Her face.
(d) Her pubic hair.
13. What does the speaker of "The Flood" say made her resentful for having to talk about her vagina?
(a) Her period.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Being raped.
14. What ratio of nerve fibers are found to be in the vagina compared to the penis?
(a) Half as many.
(b) Three times as many.
(c) Four times as many.
(d) Twice as many.
15. Which of the following objects were not used to rape women in war zones, according to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) Broom handles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say bled into one another around her?
2. How are the side effects to the invasive genital surgeries performed on many women described?
3. When does the author say she was raped, in the Preface?
4. How does the speaker of "The Flood" first react about talking about "down there"?
5. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)