|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author call to make active transformations in the fight against violence towards women?
(a) Governments and political leaders.
(b) All women.
(c) All men.
(d) All students.
2. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
3. What does the movement created by the author aim to raise awareness of and bring an end to?
(a) Genocide in Africa.
(b) The spread of AIDS.
(d) Violence against women.
4. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
5. What does the author say it is difficult for a woman to actually do in regards to her vagina in the opening comments before the play?
(a) Smell it.
(b) Feel it.
(c) Understand it.
(d) See it.
6. How old is the woman described in the introduction to "The Flood" that had never seen her vagina?
7. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) THe Boston Globe.
(b) The Chicago Tribute.
(c) The Times-Picayune.
(d) The New York Times.
8. Which of the following descriptions does the speaker of "Because He Liked to Look at It" not use to describe her boyfriend's admiration of her privates?
(a) He took pictures of it.
(b) He took time to explore it.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He became familiar with it.
9. What does the author say triggered change in the view of women across the world?
(c) Informational pamphlets.
10. What age group are the women that are first discussed in the introduction to "The Flood"?
(b) 60s and older.
(c) Early 20s.
11. What does the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop" use to describe the vagina?
(a) A shell or flower.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A butterfly.
12. What are the ideals that the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" would like on a trip to the doctor's office?
(d) Softness and gentleness.
13. What does the speaker in the first monologue of the play say you must love in order to love the vagina?
(b) The mind.
(c) Pubic hair.
(d) The woman.
14. What does the speaker of "My Vagina was a Village" describe her vagina as before the war?
(a) A harbor.
(b) A heart.
(c) A safety net.
(d) A wet water village.
15. How old is the speaker of the monologue discussing when her mother slapped her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the second question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
2. What is the name of the speaker's boyfriend in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
3. What is described as a bundle of nerves in the book?
4. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
5. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)