|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(a) "If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear".
(b) "If your vagina could talk, what would it say".
(c) "If your vagina had a name, what would it be".
(d) "What does a vagina smell like".
2. Apart from having their clitorises removed, what does a newspaper article say was also a common surgery involved in genital mutilation?
(a) Placing a metal plate in them.
(b) Tying their tubes.
(c) Sewing their vagina shut.
(d) Placing a chastity belt on them.
3. How does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" speak in the monologue?
4. Where was the author shocked to discover many rapes taking place in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) The United States.
5. What does the speaker of "My Vagina was a Village" describe her vagina as before the war?
(a) A wet water village.
(b) A harbor.
(c) A safety net.
(d) A heart.
6. What does the author say being raped made her do mentally and emotionally from her vagina?
(b) Become angry with.
(c) Increase its use.
7. What was the purpose of removing the clitoris in the United States, when it was still performed?
(a) To cure masturbation.
(b) To cure rape.
(c) To prevent pregnancy.
(d) To punish women.
8. Who is the noted feminist that writes in the Forward of the book?
(a) Lucy Stone.
(b) Gloria Steinem.
(c) Eve Ensler.
(d) Margaret Sanger.
9. In what year was the last clitoris removal performed in the United States?
10. What idea does the workshop discussed in "The Vagina Workshop" want women to go towards?
(a) Having sex with their husbands.
(b) Having an orgasm.
(c) Having sex with other women.
(d) Becoming better women.
11. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(c) Odd looking.
12. What is described as "the leaf around the flower" in the book?
(a) The brain.
(b) The vagina.
(c) The female form.
(d) Pubic hair.
13. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) The Times-Picayune.
(b) The Chicago Tribute.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) THe Boston Globe.
14. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say began to emerge from other women around her?
(a) A factual emergence.
(b) A union of souls.
(c) A wall of hate.
(d) A wild collective song.
15. What physical structures does the author say western religions used religious art in the Forward?
(a) The churches.
(b) The prisons.
(c) The stores.
(d) Their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book?
2. What does the speaker of "Because He Liked to Look at It" say was a stimulant for her the most from her boyfriend?
3. Who manipulates a woman into shaving her pubic hair in the first monologue of the play?
4. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
5. What age group are the women that are first discussed in the introduction to "The Flood"?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)