|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of accent does the speaker of the monologue "The Flood" have?
(b) Jewish, Queens.
2. What does the speaker of "The Flood" say her first experience with the flood made her do towards her vagina?
(a) Become closer to it.
(b) Get to know it better.
(c) Shut down from it mentally and emotionally.
(d) Become embarrassed by it.
3. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
4. Which source does the author quote as saying the vagina has a high concentration of nerves?
(a) The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets.
(b) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
(c) Woman: An Intimate Geography.
(d) The New York Times.
5. When does the author say she was raped, in the Preface?
(a) As a young woman.
(b) She was never raped.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a teenager.
6. What ratio of nerve fibers are found to be in the vagina compared to the penis?
(a) Four times as many.
(b) Half as many.
(c) Twice as many.
(d) Three times as many.
7. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(b) Combat boots.
(c) A turtleneck.
(d) A male tuxedo.
8. What does the author say the root causes of violence against women are, in the Introduction?
9. What was the purpose of removing the clitoris in the United States, when it was still performed?
(a) To punish women.
(b) To cure masturbation.
(c) To prevent pregnancy.
(d) To cure rape.
10. What is the main subject matter of the monologue discussing a girl being slapped by her mother?
11. Which of the following objects were not used to rape women in war zones, according to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(a) Broom handles.
12. Who is the noted feminist that writes in the Forward of the book?
(a) Eve Ensler.
(b) Gloria Steinem.
(c) Margaret Sanger.
(d) Lucy Stone.
13. What kind of accent does the speaker of the monologue "The Vagina Workshop" have?
14. What does the author conclude the word vagina is not, in the Preface?
15. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) The Times-Picayune.
(b) THe Boston Globe.
(c) The Chicago Tribute.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the speaker of "The Flood" say she feels after discussing her private parts?
2. What does the woman discussed in the introduction to "The Flood" do when she finally finds her clitoris?
3. What is the title of the first monologue in the book?
4. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
5. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say bled into one another around her?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)