|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century were orgasmic women said to have medical problems in the United States?
2. What ratio of nerve fibers are found to be in the vagina compared to the penis?
(a) Three times as many.
(b) Four times as many.
(c) Twice as many.
(d) Half as many.
3. When does the author say she was raped, in the Preface?
(a) As a young woman.
(b) As a child.
(c) As a teenager.
(d) She was never raped.
4. What kind of procedures were performed on orgasmic women who were deemed to have medical problems?
5. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
6. What is the title of the first monologue in the book?
(b) "I Was There in the Room".
(c) "My Angry Vagina".
(d) "Crooked Braid".
7. What does the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop" use to describe the vagina?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A fountain.
(d) A shell or flower.
8. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
9. What does the author say the root causes of violence against women are, in the Introduction?
10. What does the speaker of "Because He Liked to Look at It" say was a stimulant for her the most from her boyfriend?
(a) His love.
(b) His attention.
(c) His bedroom skills.
(d) His voice.
11. What age group are the women that are first discussed in the introduction to "The Flood"?
(c) 60s and older.
(d) Early 20s.
12. How does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" speak in the monologue?
13. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(b) Odd looking.
14. For what type of venue was the Vagina Monologues originally written?
(b) College students.
(c) Street performances.
(d) Stage production.
15. What does the author say being raped made her do mentally and emotionally from her vagina?
(a) Increase its use.
(c) Become angry with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a woman describe that her husband does not like about her in the first monologue of the play?
2. What process of writing does the author discuss at the end of the Preface that will be used in her play?
3. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
4. Which of the following items does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" not describe as being an unpleasant invasion on her vagina?
5. What is the main subject matter of the monologue discussing a girl being slapped by her mother?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)