|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author shocked to discover many rapes taking place in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(d) The United States.
2. What newspaper does the author quote the statistic about a certain region's women who were more susceptible to genital mutilation?
(a) The Times-Picayune.
(b) THe Boston Globe.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Chicago Tribute.
3. What does the speaker of "My Vagina was a Village" describe her vagina as before the war?
(a) A heart.
(b) A wet water village.
(c) A safety net.
(d) A harbor.
4. What ratio of nerve fibers are found to be in the vagina compared to the penis?
(a) Half as many.
(b) Four times as many.
(c) Three times as many.
(d) Twice as many.
5. What is the second question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(a) "If your vagina could talk, what would it say, in two words".
(b) "What does a vagina smell like".
(c) "If your vagina had a name, what would it be".
(d) "If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear".
6. What kind of accent does the speaker of the monologue "The Flood" have?
(a) Jewish, Queens.
7. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
8. What is the title of the first monologue in the book?
(b) "Crooked Braid".
(c) "I Was There in the Room".
(d) "My Angry Vagina".
9. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say bled into one another around her?
(a) Voices of mothers and daughters.
(b) Voices of women.
(c) Voices of men.
(d) Voices of rape victims.
10. How old is the woman described in the introduction to "The Flood" that had never seen her vagina?
11. What weapon of war does the author wish to raise awareness of in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
12. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Betty Friedan.
(b) Eve Ensler.
(c) Agnes Parelyo.
(d) Gloria Steinem.
13. What is the main subject matter of the monologue discussing a girl being slapped by her mother?
14. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
(b) Little boats and sea animals.
15. What do the workshop participants in "The Vagina Workshop" try to become with their vaginas?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the speaker of "The Flood" first react about talking about "down there"?
2. What process of writing does the author discuss at the end of the Preface that will be used in her play?
3. What does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" say she doesn't want her vagina to be anymore?
4. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say began to emerge from other women around her?
5. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)