|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(a) New York City.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. Finish the sentence from the end of the Preface in the book, "Practice saying the word, because, as we know, the word is what _____ us and sets us free".
3. In what year was the last clitoris removal performed in the United States?
4. What does the author describe at the beginning of the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" that impacted her greatly?
(a) A statistic.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A poem.
(d) A book.
5. What does the movement created by the author aim to raise awareness of and bring an end to?
(a) Violence against women.
(b) The spread of AIDS.
(d) Genocide in Africa.
6. What is described as a bundle of nerves in the book?
(a) The female body.
(b) The brain.
(c) The male body.
(d) The vagina.
7. What was the purpose of removing the clitoris in the United States, when it was still performed?
(a) To cure masturbation.
(b) To prevent pregnancy.
(c) To punish women.
(d) To cure rape.
8. What word does the author explain her reasoning for using frequently at the beginning of the Preface?
9. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(d) Odd looking.
10. In what state was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(c) New York.
11. What are the ideals that the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" would like on a trip to the doctor's office?
(c) Softness and gentleness.
12. What process of writing does the author discuss at the end of the Preface that will be used in her play?
13. Which of the following objects were not used to rape women in war zones, according to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(c) Broom handles.
14. Who manipulates a woman into shaving her pubic hair in the first monologue of the play?
(a) Her therapist.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her gynocologist.
(d) Her husband.
15. How does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" speak in the monologue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What anniversary does the book celebrate for the Vagina Monologue's original publication?
2. Complete the following sentence of the speaker from "My Vagina was a Village", "They invaded it, _______ it and burned it down".
3. What kind of procedures were performed on orgasmic women who were deemed to have medical problems?
4. How does the speaker of "The Vagina Workshop" describe her orgasms before the workshop?
5. Apart from having their clitorises removed, what does a newspaper article say was also a common surgery involved in genital mutilation?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)