|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was the last clitoris removal performed in the United States?
2. What does the author describe her flood with when describing a dream she had about it?
(b) Little boats and sea animals.
3. In what state was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(a) New York.
4. Which of the following objects were not used to rape women in war zones, according to "My Vagina was a Village"?
(b) Broom handles.
5. Which of the following items does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" not describe as being an unpleasant invasion on her vagina?
6. What sign does the speaker of "The Flood" say she wishes she could hang on her privates?
(a) "Closed Due to Flooding".
(c) "No Entry".
(d) "Keep Out".
7. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
(a) A male tuxedo.
(b) A turtleneck.
(d) Combat boots.
8. What is described as "the leaf around the flower" in the book?
(a) The female form.
(b) The vagina.
(c) The brain.
(d) Pubic hair.
9. Where does the vagina fact quote from when discussing women's roles in the witch trials?
(a) Woman: An Intimate Geography.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets.
(d) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
10. What year did the war discussed in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village" take place?
11. What are the ideals that the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" would like on a trip to the doctor's office?
(d) Softness and gentleness.
12. How old was the last female patient to have a clitoral removal in the United States?
13. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say bled into one another around her?
(a) Voices of men.
(b) Voices of rape victims.
(c) Voices of women.
(d) Voices of mothers and daughters.
14. What is the main subject matter of the monologue discussing a girl being slapped by her mother?
15. What physical structures does the author say western religions used religious art in the Forward?
(a) The prisons.
(b) Their homes.
(c) The stores.
(d) The churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the procedure that removes the clitoris?
2. What does the quote used at the beginning of "The Vagina Workshop" use to describe the vagina?
3. What does the author conclude the word vagina is not, in the Preface?
4. What is the name of the global movement created by the author to create awareness for women?
5. What weapon of war does the author wish to raise awareness of in the introductions to "My Vagina was a Village"?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)