|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the purpose of removing the clitoris in the United States, when it was still performed?
(a) To punish women.
(b) To prevent pregnancy.
(c) To cure masturbation.
(d) To cure rape.
2. What does the author say being raped made her do mentally and emotionally from her vagina?
(a) Become angry with.
(b) Increase its use.
3. What process of writing does the author discuss at the end of the Preface that will be used in her play?
4. What does a woman's boyfriend help her to do in regards to her vagina in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
(a) Hate it.
(b) Accept and enjoy it.
(c) Hurt it.
(d) Disconnect with it.
5. What reaction very rarely occurs in the reactions shared in "...My Mother Slapped Me"?
6. What is the name of the global movement created by the author to create awareness for women?
7. Which source does the author quote as saying the vagina has a high concentration of nerves?
(a) The Center for Reproductive Law and Policy.
(b) Woman: An Intimate Geography.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets.
8. What does the woman discussed in the introduction to "The Flood" do when she finally finds her clitoris?
9. What does the author conclude the word vagina is not, in the Preface?
10. What does the author say the root causes of violence against women are, in the Introduction?
11. In what city was the Vagina Monologues originally presented?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
12. What type of jewel does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" say her vagina should be wearing?
13. What does the speaker of "...My Mother Slapped Me" say bled into one another around her?
(a) Voices of mothers and daughters.
(b) Voices of men.
(c) Voices of rape victims.
(d) Voices of women.
14. For what type of venue was the Vagina Monologues originally written?
(b) Stage production.
(c) Street performances.
(d) College students.
15. What does the author say simply having a vagina makes an individual a target for, in the Preface?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the speaker of "My Angry Vagina" speak in the monologue?
2. How old is the speaker of the monologue discussing when her mother slapped her?
3. How is the speaker's boyfriend described in "Because He Liked to Look at It"?
4. What does the speaker of "Because He Liked to Look at It" say was a stimulant for her the most from her boyfriend?
5. Which of the following is not one of the answers given to the first question the author presents with multiple answers in the book?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)