|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother may be portrayed as what?
2. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
3. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
4. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(a) Snow white complexion.
(b) Royal title.
(d) Relationship with her father.
5. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
(b) Fight off the wolf.
(c) They escape.
(d) Call for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
2. What type of material was used to make Red's hood?
3. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
4. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
5. Children are most likely to express these new feelings in what way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What examples are given by Bettelheim in regards to oral fixation and the two stories?
2. The number three may represent what family relationships?
3. What do the children gain from their ordeal with the witch?
4. Why does Bettelheim say that fairy tales are meant to be told, not read?
5. What did the birds know about the situation that the children did not?
6. What is the moral involved with the children eating the gingerbread house?
7. What is the basis of each version of Little Red Riding Hood? What is the main difference?
8. What is ironic about outlawing fairy tales and the attitudes of the Victorian age?
9. How does Bettelheim separate the Oedipus Complex between boys and girls?
10. Explain the opinions of psychoanalysts in regards to fairy tales and violence.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)