|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
(d) Self worth.
2. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
3. People during this period are referred to as being which of the following?
4. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
5. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(d) Neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father may be portrayed as what?
2. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
3. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
4. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
5. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do some people object to fairy tales in relation to reality?
2. Why is the mother seen as the villain in the story even though both parents have agreed on a solution?
3. What is ironic about outlawing fairy tales and the attitudes of the Victorian age?
4. What is the result of this change? How do the children view their mother?
5. Which parts of the mind are addressed? Who studied this concept?
6. How does Hansel exhibit denial when going into the forest?
7. What is the opinion of the fantasies as they regard truth?
8. How does Bettelheim separate the Oedipus Complex between boys and girls?
9. What is the moral involved with the children eating the gingerbread house?
10. What is the reason that the number three is significant in fairy tales?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)