|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
2. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
3. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
(a) Self worth.
4. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Outlawed them.
(b) Restructured them.
(c) Simplified them.
(d) Changed the morals involved.
5. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(b) Role reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
2. What animal had more sense than the main character(s) in the story?
3. What item is used to guide the characters to where they need to be?
4. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
5. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main difference in Perrault's version?
2. Describe the realistic beginning of "Hansel and Gretel."
3. Why do some cultures insist on outlawing fairy tales?
4. Which parts of the mind are addressed? Who studied this concept?
5. What is ironic about outlawing fairy tales and the attitudes of the Victorian age?
6. What did the birds know about the situation that the children did not?
7. What is the basis of each version of Little Red Riding Hood? What is the main difference?
8. The number three may represent what family relationships?
9. What examples are given by Bettelheim in regards to oral fixation and the two stories?
10. What is the result of this change? How do the children view their mother?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)