|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
2. Because of this belief the fairy tales may create what kind of behaviors?
3. Separation may also cause what kind of emotions in a child?
4. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
5. What number is significant in fairy tales?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action might a child take to express displeasure in a new situation?
2. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
3. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
4. What item is give to the Queen at the end of the story?
5. Separation from one's family helps a child to develop which trait?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis of each version of Little Red Riding Hood? What is the main difference?
2. What did the birds know about the situation that the children did not?
3. Why do some cultures insist on outlawing fairy tales?
4. Why does Bettelheim say that fairy tales are meant to be told, not read?
5. What is the name and crux of the original tale regarding Jack and the Beanstalk?
6. Others object to the immersion in a world of fantasy. Why?
7. How does Bettelheim separate the Oedipus Complex between boys and girls?
8. What is the main difference in Perrault's version?
9. What is the opinion of the fantasies as they regard truth?
10. What is the moral involved with the children eating the gingerbread house?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)