|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
(a) Fairy godmother.
2. Children are most likely to express these new feelings in what way?
(a) Through dreams.
(c) With defiance.
3. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
4. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
5. What enchanted musical instrument belongs to the ogre and is stolen by Jack?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
2. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
3. Because of this belief the fairy tales may create what kind of behaviors?
4. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
5. What activity causes the Queen to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason that the number three is significant in fairy tales?
2. What is the opinion of the fantasies as they regard truth?
3. Why do some people object to fairy tales in relation to reality?
4. What did the birds know about the situation that the children did not?
5. Others object to the immersion in a world of fantasy. Why?
6. What examples are given by Bettelheim in regards to oral fixation and the two stories?
7. How does Bettelheim separate the Oedipus Complex between boys and girls?
8. What is the basis of each version of Little Red Riding Hood? What is the main difference?
9. Why do some cultures insist on outlawing fairy tales?
10. Explain the opinions of psychoanalysts in regards to fairy tales and violence.
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)