|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Separation from one's family helps a child to develop which trait?
(d) Social skills.
2. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
(a) Little Red Cap.
(b) The Wolf and the Grandmother.
(c) The Little Red Headed Girl.
(d) The Girl in the Woods.
3. One character exhibits which of the following?
4. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
5. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(c) Sounding board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
2. What is the original title of Jack and the Beanstalk?
3. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
4. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
5. What time period is referred to in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of this change? How do the children view their mother?
2. What is the underlying moral of the story?
3. What is the reason that the number three is significant in fairy tales?
4. What is the name and crux of the original tale regarding Jack and the Beanstalk?
5. The number three may represent what family relationships?
6. Why do some cultures insist on outlawing fairy tales?
7. What is the main difference in Perrault's version?
8. Why does Bettelheim say that fairy tales are meant to be told, not read?
9. What is the moral involved with the children eating the gingerbread house?
10. What is the opinion of the fantasies as they regard truth?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)