|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
2. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
(c) Fairy godmother.
3. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
(c) Self worth.
4. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
5. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
(a) Complex thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
2. Bettelheim believes that the moral in the early version is ________.
3. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
4. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
5. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about outlawing fairy tales and the attitudes of the Victorian age?
2. What is the main difference in Perrault's version?
3. What is different about the existence of the targeted parent in the boy's story?
4. What is the result of this change? How do the children view their mother?
5. How does Hansel exhibit denial when going into the forest?
6. What is the underlying moral of the story?
7. What is the opinion of the fantasies as they regard truth?
8. What did the birds know about the situation that the children did not?
9. Describe the realistic beginning of "Hansel and Gretel."
10. Why do some people object to fairy tales in relation to reality?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)