|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother may be portrayed as what?
2. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(c) Neighbor's house.
3. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
4. As a general rule, every child believes in ______ on some level.
(c) Happy endings.
5. Separation from one's family helps a child to develop which trait?
(c) Social skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
2. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
3. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
4. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
5. What enchanted musical instrument belongs to the ogre and is stolen by Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name and crux of the original tale regarding Jack and the Beanstalk?
2. How does Hansel exhibit denial when going into the forest?
3. Why does Bettelheim say that fairy tales are meant to be told, not read?
4. What is the result of this change? How do the children view their mother?
5. What examples are given by Bettelheim in regards to oral fixation and the two stories?
6. What is the underlying moral of the story?
7. What is the moral involved with the children eating the gingerbread house?
8. What is the main difference in Perrault's version?
9. How does Bettelheim separate the Oedipus Complex between boys and girls?
10. Why is the mother seen as the villain in the story even though both parents have agreed on a solution?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)