|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
2. An adult may see the relationship between the wolf and the grandmother as _________________.
3. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
4. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
(a) Danish and Norse.
(b) French and African.
(c) Swedish and English.
(d) English and French.
5. What types of issues are most often addressed in fairy tales?
Short Answer Questions
1. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
2. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
3. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
4. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
5. Who is the villain in the first story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Many people find the role of the seven dwarfs peculiar. What does the presence of the dwarfs represent?
2. From what culture did Cinderella originate? What is the most likely reference to the culture?
3. What examples are given by Bettelheim in regards to oral fixation and the two stories?
4. When does the oedipal period begin to appear in a child's life?
5. What is the first attempt made on Snow White's life?
6. What is the reason that the number three is significant in fairy tales?
7. What is the difference between an adult that has no experience with fairy tales and a child who does?
8. The number three may represent what family relationships?
9. Why does Bettelheim say that fairy tales are meant to be told, not read?
10. When do fairy tales truly begin to make sense to a child?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)