|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A child may be scared in thinking that his grandmother has been replaced by what?
(d) Talking wolf.
2. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
3. At what age does this period begin?
4. It is common for very different personalities to be present in what?
(c) Main characters.
5. What might be used to express inner conflict?
Short Answer Questions
1. The downside of that personality may equate which of the following to a child?
2. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
3. A child might believe that his life is filled with what?
4. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
5. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has often been done to remove violence from fairy tales? What is the result?
2. How does a child view the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood?
3. Fairy tales encourage the belief that there is always something waiting at the end of the story. What is it? Why is it given?
4. Why are fairy tales important to the development of a child's mind?
5. Bruno Bettelheim quotes Charles Dickens on fairy tales. What does Dickens say?
6. What did Dr. Sigmund Freud think about the purpose behind the story of Oedpius?
7. When does the oedipal period begin to appear in a child's life?
8. What are the two developmental crises referred to by the author?
9. What is the general rule of continuity in a fairy tale? Why is it important?
10. Historically speaking, what things most often formed a child's intellect?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)