|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
2. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
3. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
(a) Danish and Norse.
(b) Swedish and English.
(c) French and African.
(d) English and French.
4. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
5. The author states that learning how to integrate personalities is ______ to a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might be used to express inner conflict?
2. Fairy tales help children to integrate various aspects of _________________.
3. The child must resign the story so s/he can go where?
4. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
5. Who speaks to the fisherman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two developmental crises referred to by the author?
2. How does Dickens' statement relate to the conflict of allowing children to experience fairy tales?
3. Historically speaking, what things most often formed a child's intellect?
4. What example is used regarding the differentiation between fantasy and reality?
5. What use do fairy tales have in the life of a child?
6. When does the oedipal period begin to appear in a child's life?
7. Explain the difference of fairy tales in various cultures. Are they all considered to be fairy tales?
8. Why are fairy tales important to the development of a child's mind?
9. What has often been done to remove violence from fairy tales? What is the result?
10. What type of character is often seen as the representation of good versus evil?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)