|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a general rule, characters in fairy tales tend to be:
(c) On a journey.
2. The outcome of the story depends fully on what in regards to the character?
3. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
4. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
5. The fisherman is called upon to use ______ to get out of a bad situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. An adult may take a childhood fairy tale and turn it into what?
2. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
3. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
4. Who is the villain in the first story?
5. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has often been done to remove violence from fairy tales? What is the result?
2. What are the two developmental crises referred to by the author?
3. What use do fairy tales have in the life of a child?
4. What did Dr. Sigmund Freud think about the purpose behind the story of Oedpius?
5. What type of character is often seen as the representation of good versus evil?
6. Why have some parents and educators outlawed fairy tales?
7. What is the general rule of continuity in a fairy tale? Why is it important?
8. How does a child learn to deal with problems through fairy tales?
9. Why are fairy tales important to the development of a child's mind?
10. Bruno Bettelheim quotes Charles Dickens on fairy tales. What does Dickens say?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)