|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
2. Stories may also help children deal with what kind of family situation?
(a) Sibling rivalry.
3. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
4. These stories will often force the child to face what kind of crises?
5. What is another word that means the same as kind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
2. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
3. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
4. It is common for very different personalities to be present in what?
5. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Bettelheim refer to regarding the introduction of duality?
2. Many people find the role of the seven dwarfs peculiar. What does the presence of the dwarfs represent?
3. What is the only logical way a child can resolve conflict?
4. What is different about the existence of the targeted parent in the boy's story?
5. What is the opinion of the fantasies as they regard truth?
6. Historically speaking, what things most often formed a child's intellect?
7. How does a child learn to deal with problems through fairy tales?
8. What are the two developmental crises referred to by the author?
9. What is the reason that the number three is significant in fairy tales?
10. What is the difference between an adult that has no experience with fairy tales and a child who does?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)