|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(b) Always carry a weapon.
(c) Never go into the woods alone.
(d) Avoid compromising situations.
2. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
(a) Self worth.
3. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
4. Children are most likely to express these new feelings in what way?
(b) Through dreams.
(c) With defiance.
5. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
6. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
7. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(c) Sounding board.
8. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(a) Royal title.
(b) Snow white complexion.
(c) Relationship with her father.
9. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Changed the morals involved.
(b) Restructured them.
(c) Simplified them.
(d) Outlawed them.
10. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
(a) The Wolf and the Grandmother.
(b) Little Red Cap.
(c) The Little Red Headed Girl.
(d) The Girl in the Woods.
11. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
(c) Fairy godmother.
12. People during this period are referred to as being which of the following?
13. What number is significant in fairy tales?
14. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
15. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Queen Bee.
(c) Hansel and Gretel.
(d) Ant and the Grasshopper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
2. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
3. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
4. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
5. This child may also be the one who does what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)