|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(a) Role reversal.
2. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(b) Magic stick.
(c) Four gold coins.
(d) Magic beans.
3. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Always carry a weapon.
(b) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(c) Avoid compromising situations.
(d) Never go into the woods alone.
4. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
5. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
6. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
7. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(a) Gets killed.
(b) Is called away on a mission.
(c) He saves the world.
8. What is the underlying moral in this story?
(b) Avoid temptation.
9. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
10. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
11. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
12. What item is used to guide the characters to where they need to be?
(d) Road signs.
13. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
14. One character exhibits which of the following?
15. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
Short Answer Questions
1. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
2. Separation from one's family helps a child to develop which trait?
3. What number is significant in fairy tales?
4. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
5. Bettelheim believes that the moral in the early version is ________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)