|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What number is significant in fairy tales?
2. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
3. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
4. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(a) Royal title.
(b) Relationship with her father.
(c) Snow white complexion.
5. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
(a) Common Sense.
6. What animal had more sense than the main character(s) in the story?
7. What action might a child take to express displeasure in a new situation?
8. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
9. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(c) Neighbor's house.
10. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
11. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Changed the morals involved.
(b) Simplified them.
(c) Restructured them.
(d) Outlawed them.
12. What type of material was used to make Red's hood?
13. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(b) Role reversal.
14. In Little Red Riding Hood, what is the most significant change from the older version to the new version?
(a) The woodsman.
(b) Red's grandmother.
(d) Items in basket.
15. The situation encourages to seek what from the father?
Short Answer Questions
1. One character exhibits which of the following?
2. Others believe that telling and supporting fairy tales may encourage a child to do what?
3. What is the underlying moral in this story?
4. Separation may also cause what kind of emotions in a child?
5. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)