|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
(d) Well defined.
2. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(a) Family functions.
(c) Social situations.
3. Separation may also cause what kind of emotions in a child?
4. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
5. The mother may be portrayed as what?
6. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
7. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(a) Queen Bee.
(b) Ant and the Grasshopper.
(c) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(d) Hansel and Gretel.
8. What activity causes the Queen to die?
(a) Horseback riding.
(b) Mixing poison.
9. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
10. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
11. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
12. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Simplified them.
(b) Restructured them.
(c) Changed the morals involved.
(d) Outlawed them.
13. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(a) Magic beans.
(b) Magic stick.
(c) Four gold coins.
14. What enchanted musical instrument belongs to the ogre and is stolen by Jack?
15. What item is give to the Queen at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal had more sense than the main character(s) in the story?
2. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
3. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
4. One character exhibits which of the following?
5. What item is used to guide the characters to where they need to be?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)