|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
2. What type of material was used to make Red's hood?
3. What item is give to the Queen at the end of the story?
4. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Restructured them.
(b) Changed the morals involved.
(c) Outlawed them.
(d) Simplified them.
5. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
6. This child may also be the one who does what?
(a) Gets into the most trouble.
(b) Saves the day.
(c) Wreaks havoc.
(d) Gets captured.
7. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
8. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(a) Gets killed.
(c) Is called away on a mission.
(d) He saves the world.
9. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
10. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
(a) Common Sense.
11. Others believe that telling and supporting fairy tales may encourage a child to do what?
(a) Become unfocused.
(b) Commit harm.
12. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
(a) Parents as a unit.
13. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(a) Neighbor's house.
14. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(a) Magic stick.
(c) Magic beans.
(d) Four gold coins.
15. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(a) Role reversal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
2. One character exhibits which of the following?
3. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
4. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
5. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)