|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(a) Social situations.
(c) Family functions.
2. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
3. What animal had more sense than the main character(s) in the story?
4. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
(a) Little Red Cap.
(b) The Little Red Headed Girl.
(c) The Girl in the Woods.
(d) The Wolf and the Grandmother.
5. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
6. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
7. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
8. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(b) Magic stick.
(c) Magic beans.
(d) Four gold coins.
9. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
(a) Being trapped in a castle.
(c) Being lost.
10. In Little Red Riding Hood, what is the most significant change from the older version to the new version?
(a) Red's grandmother.
(b) Items in basket.
(c) The woodsman.
11. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Outlawed them.
(b) Simplified them.
(c) Changed the morals involved.
(d) Restructured them.
12. Others believe that telling and supporting fairy tales may encourage a child to do what?
(b) Commit harm.
(d) Become unfocused.
13. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
14. Name one fairy tale in which this number is present.
(b) Little Red Riding Hood.
(c) Jack and the Beanstalk.
15. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
(a) Well defined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
2. What time period is referred to in this section?
3. People during this period are referred to as being which of the following?
4. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
5. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)