|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the underlying moral in this story?
(d) Avoid temptation.
2. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
3. What psychological implications are presented in this story?
4. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
5. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(b) Avoid compromising situations.
(c) Always carry a weapon.
(d) Never go into the woods alone.
6. Separation from one's family helps a child to develop which trait?
(b) Social skills.
7. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
8. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
9. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
10. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(b) Snow white complexion.
(c) Royal title.
(d) Relationship with her father.
11. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
(d) Common Sense.
12. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(b) Gets killed.
(c) Is called away on a mission.
(d) He saves the world.
13. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(a) Magic stick.
(b) Four gold coins.
(d) Magic beans.
14. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(a) Sounding board.
15. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
2. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
3. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
4. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
5. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)