|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
(b) Being trapped in a castle.
(c) Being lost.
2. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
3. This child may also be the one who does what?
(a) Gets into the most trouble.
(b) Saves the day.
(c) Wreaks havoc.
(d) Gets captured.
4. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
5. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(a) Magic beans.
(c) Magic stick.
(d) Four gold coins.
6. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
7. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
8. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
9. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
10. Because of this belief the fairy tales may create what kind of behaviors?
11. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
(a) Fairy godmother.
12. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
13. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
14. What psychological implications are presented in this story?
15. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(a) Neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
2. As a general rule, every child believes in ______ on some level.
3. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
4. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
5. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)