|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
2. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
(b) Call for help.
(c) They escape.
(d) Fight off the wolf.
3. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
4. Name one fairy tale in which this number is present.
(c) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(d) Little Red Riding Hood.
5. The father may be portrayed as what?
6. What activity causes the Queen to die?
(a) Horseback riding.
(b) Mixing poison.
7. What item is used to guide the characters to where they need to be?
(c) Road signs.
8. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
9. One character exhibits which of the following?
10. What enchanted musical instrument belongs to the ogre and is stolen by Jack?
11. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(a) Family functions.
(c) Social situations.
12. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
13. What item is give to the Queen at the end of the story?
14. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(d) Sounding board.
15. Because of this belief the fairy tales may create what kind of behaviors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
2. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
3. The mother may be portrayed as what?
4. Bettelheim believes that the moral in the early version is ________.
5. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)