|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
2. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
3. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
4. This child may also be the one who does what?
(a) Gets into the most trouble.
(b) Wreaks havoc.
(c) Gets captured.
(d) Saves the day.
5. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
6. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
7. Separation may also cause what kind of emotions in a child?
8. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Restructured them.
(b) Simplified them.
(c) Changed the morals involved.
(d) Outlawed them.
9. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Fight off the wolf.
(c) They escape.
10. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Avoid compromising situations.
(b) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(c) Never go into the woods alone.
(d) Always carry a weapon.
11. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
12. In Little Red Riding Hood, what is the most significant change from the older version to the new version?
(a) Red's grandmother.
(b) The woodsman.
(c) Items in basket.
13. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
14. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
(b) Spoiled brat.
15. As a general rule, every child believes in ______ on some level.
(d) Happy endings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
2. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
3. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
4. What is the underlying moral in this story?
5. What is the original title of Jack and the Beanstalk?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)