|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
2. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(b) Sounding board.
3. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
(c) Spoiled brat.
4. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
5. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
6. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
7. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
8. The situation encourages to seek what from the father?
9. This child may also be the one who does what?
(a) Gets captured.
(b) Wreaks havoc.
(c) Gets into the most trouble.
(d) Saves the day.
10. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
11. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
12. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(b) Four gold coins.
(c) Magic stick.
(d) Magic beans.
13. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
14. Separation from one's family helps a child to develop which trait?
(a) Social skills.
15. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
2. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
3. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
4. The father may be portrayed as what?
5. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)