|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(a) He saves the world.
(b) Gets killed.
(c) Is called away on a mission.
2. What activity causes the Queen to die?
(a) Horseback riding.
(b) Mixing poison.
3. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(d) Role reversal.
4. Separation from one's family helps a child to develop which trait?
(d) Social skills.
5. This child may also be the one who does what?
(a) Gets into the most trouble.
(b) Saves the day.
(c) Gets captured.
(d) Wreaks havoc.
6. Because of this belief the fairy tales may create what kind of behaviors?
7. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
8. What time period is referred to in this section?
(a) Medieval times.
(b) Victorian age.
(c) Edwardian era.
(d) Middle ages.
9. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
10. Others believe that telling and supporting fairy tales may encourage a child to do what?
(a) Commit harm.
(b) Become unfocused.
11. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(a) Neighbor's house.
12. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
13. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
14. Bettelheim believes that the moral in the early version is ________.
15. What animal had more sense than the main character(s) in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. As a general rule, every child believes in ______ on some level.
2. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
3. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
4. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
5. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)