|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(a) Snow white complexion.
(b) Relationship with her father.
(d) Royal title.
2. What item is used to guide the characters to where they need to be?
(c) Road signs.
3. Others believe that telling and supporting fairy tales may encourage a child to do what?
(a) Become unfocused.
(b) Commit harm.
4. People during this period are referred to as being which of the following?
5. The situation encourages to seek what from the father?
6. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
7. In Little Red Riding Hood, what is the most significant change from the older version to the new version?
(b) The woodsman.
(c) Items in basket.
(d) Red's grandmother.
8. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
(a) Complex thoughts.
9. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
10. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
11. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(a) Sounding board.
12. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
(a) Spoiled brat.
13. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
14. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(d) Role reversal.
15. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
2. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
3. Separation may also cause what kind of emotions in a child?
4. The mother may be portrayed as what?
5. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)