|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of material was used to make Red's hood?
2. What time period is referred to in this section?
(a) Victorian age.
(b) Medieval times.
(c) Edwardian era.
(d) Middle ages.
3. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
4. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Simplified them.
(b) Outlawed them.
(c) Changed the morals involved.
(d) Restructured them.
5. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
(b) Common Sense.
6. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
7. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
8. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(b) Royal title.
(c) Relationship with her father.
(d) Snow white complexion.
9. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
10. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) Queen Bee.
(c) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(d) Ant and the Grasshopper.
11. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
12. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(b) Social situations.
(c) Family functions.
13. People during this period are referred to as being which of the following?
14. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
15. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
2. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
3. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
4. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
5. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)