|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
2. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
3. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Changed the morals involved.
(b) Simplified them.
(c) Restructured them.
(d) Outlawed them.
4. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
5. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
6. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
7. Name one fairy tale in which this number is present.
(b) Little Red Riding Hood.
(c) Jack and the Beanstalk.
8. In Little Red Riding Hood, what is the most significant change from the older version to the new version?
(b) Red's grandmother.
(c) The woodsman.
(d) Items in basket.
9. What time period is referred to in this section?
(a) Middle ages.
(b) Victorian age.
(c) Medieval times.
(d) Edwardian era.
10. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
11. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
(a) Being trapped in a castle.
(d) Being lost.
12. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
13. One character exhibits which of the following?
14. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
15. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(a) Is called away on a mission.
(c) Gets killed.
(d) He saves the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the underlying moral in this story?
2. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
3. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
4. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
5. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)