|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ways are there in which this situation might be resolved?
2. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
3. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
4. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
5. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
(a) Call for help.
(b) Fight off the wolf.
(c) They escape.
6. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
7. The father may be portrayed as what?
8. What time period is referred to in this section?
(a) Edwardian era.
(b) Medieval times.
(c) Middle ages.
(d) Victorian age.
9. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
10. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
11. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
12. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
13. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
14. What psychological implications are presented in this story?
15. What is the original title of Jack and the Beanstalk?
(a) The Boy and the Magic Beans.
(b) Jack and the Golden Goose.
(c) Jack and His Bargains.
(d) The Ogre and the Beanstalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
2. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
3. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
4. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
5. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)