|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What number is significant in fairy tales?
2. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
3. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Ant and the Grasshopper.
(d) Queen Bee.
4. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(c) Neighbor's house.
5. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
6. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
(a) Little Red Cap.
(b) The Wolf and the Grandmother.
(c) The Girl in the Woods.
(d) The Little Red Headed Girl.
7. What time period is referred to in this section?
(a) Middle ages.
(b) Medieval times.
(c) Edwardian era.
(d) Victorian age.
8. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(a) Is called away on a mission.
(b) Gets killed.
(d) He saves the world.
9. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
10. What item is give to the Queen at the end of the story?
11. Where are the main characters sent as a solution?
12. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
13. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
14. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
15. Others believe that telling and supporting fairy tales may encourage a child to do what?
(b) Commit harm.
(c) Become unfocused.
Short Answer Questions
1. The father may be portrayed as what?
2. What animal had more sense than the main character(s) in the story?
3. How many bags of gold does Jack take from the ogre's castle?
4. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
5. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)