|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What number is significant in fairy tales?
2. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
3. What type of material was used to make Red's hood?
4. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(a) Sounding board.
5. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
6. Where is Jack sent with the family cow?
(d) Neighbor's house.
7. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(b) Avoid compromising situations.
(c) Always carry a weapon.
(d) Never go into the woods alone.
8. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(b) Is called away on a mission.
(c) Gets killed.
(d) He saves the world.
9. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
(b) Fairy godmother.
10. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
(d) Complex thoughts.
11. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
12. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
13. Who often comes out as the person in the best light according to the complex?
(a) Parents as a unit.
14. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(a) Magic stick.
(b) Magic beans.
(c) Four gold coins.
15. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bettelheim believes that the moral in the early version is ________.
2. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
3. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
4. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
5. What activity causes the Queen to die?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)