|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enchanted musical instrument belongs to the ogre and is stolen by Jack?
2. What philosophical and religious event also happens in that version?
3. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Simplified them.
(b) Restructured them.
(c) Outlawed them.
(d) Changed the morals involved.
4. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
5. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
6. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
(a) They escape.
(b) Call for help.
(c) Fight off the wolf.
7. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(a) Social situations.
(c) Family functions.
8. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
9. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
10. In the case of the boy, his goal is to get what from his mother?
11. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
12. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
(a) Being trapped in a castle.
(b) Being lost.
13. As a general rule, every child believes in ______ on some level.
(d) Happy endings.
14. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
15. This child may also be the one who does what?
(a) Gets captured.
(b) Wreaks havoc.
(c) Saves the day.
(d) Gets into the most trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
2. People during this period are referred to as being which of the following?
3. Because of this belief the fairy tales may create what kind of behaviors?
4. How many ways are there in which this situation might be resolved?
5. What type of material was used to make Red's hood?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)