|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mother may be portrayed as what?
2. What causes the Wicked Queen's downfall at the end of the story?
3. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
4. In one version, what happens to Red and the grandmother?
(a) Fight off the wolf.
(b) They escape.
(d) Call for help.
5. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(a) Role reversal.
6. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(b) Never go into the woods alone.
(c) Always carry a weapon.
(d) Avoid compromising situations.
7. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(a) Social situations.
(b) Family functions.
8. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
(b) Fairy godmother.
9. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
10. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
(a) Spoiled brat.
11. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(a) Sounding board.
12. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
13. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
14. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
15. What is the underlying main topic of the story involving Jack?
(b) Common Sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is used to guide the characters to where they need to be?
2. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
3. What is the original title of Jack and the Beanstalk?
4. Children are most likely to express these new feelings in what way?
5. Others believe that telling and supporting fairy tales may encourage a child to do what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)