|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychological complex is referred to in this section?
(d) Role reversal.
2. In the end, what did the characters take as a prize?
3. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
4. What action might a child take to express displeasure in a new situation?
5. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
(b) Self worth.
6. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(c) Social situations.
(d) Family functions.
7. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Always carry a weapon.
(b) Never go into the woods alone.
(c) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(d) Avoid compromising situations.
8. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
9. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
10. Children are most likely to express these new feelings in what way?
(a) Through dreams.
(b) With defiance.
11. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
12. What is the underlying moral in this story?
(c) Avoid temptation.
13. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
14. Separation may also cause what kind of emotions in a child?
15. How many ways are there in which this situation might be resolved?
Short Answer Questions
1. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
2. In the story, what is the underlying issue between Jack and his father?
3. What item is give to the Queen at the end of the story?
4. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
5. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)