|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
2. What animal is seen at the ogre's house and thought to be most valuable?
3. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
(c) Spoiled brat.
4. Because of this belief the fairy tales may create what kind of behaviors?
5. What activity causes the Queen to die?
(a) Horseback riding.
(c) Mixing poison.
6. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(b) Social situations.
(d) Family functions.
7. Many parents who are considered to be ________ dislike fairy tales.
8. Who supposedly wrote the original version of the story?
9. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
(d) Well defined.
10. Who lives at the particular dwelling?
(c) Fairy godmother.
11. The complex really revolves around which of the following?
12. What psychological implications are presented in this story?
13. Which body part of the wolf's is not mentioned in either version of the story?
14. What is the first item offered to Jack in exchange for the cow?
(a) Magic stick.
(b) Magic beans.
(c) Four gold coins.
15. Contrary to popular belief, the complex has little if anything to do with which of the following?
(c) Self worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period is referred to in this section?
2. The parents in the story suffer from what problem?
3. Name one fairy tale in which this number is present.
4. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
5. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)