|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The outcome of the story depends fully on what in regards to the character?
2. A person with no experience in fairy tales may not understand the difference between which two objects?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Ego and superego.
(c) Internal and external worlds.
(d) Fantasy and reality.
3. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
4. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
5. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
6. These stories will often force the child to face what kind of crises?
7. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
8. A child might believe that his life is filled with what?
9. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
10. A child is unable to understand _________________.
11. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
12. What is it called when a person looks for the best in everything?
13. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Little Red Riding Hood.
14. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
15. The downside of that personality may equate which of the following to a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the example, where does the child live?
2. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
3. An adult may see the relationship between the wolf and the grandmother as _________________.
4. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
5. Fairy tales help children to learn how to develop which of the following?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)