|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The outcome of the story depends fully on what in regards to the character?
2. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
3. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
(c) Supernatural powers.
(d) Everything scary.
4. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(a) Three wishes.
(b) A new boat.
(c) Safe way home.
5. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
(a) Strange creatures.
(b) Religious figures.
(c) Gods and goddesses.
(d) Talking animals.
6. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(c) Red Riding Hood.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
7. At what age does this period begin?
8. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Too realistic.
(b) Confusing regarding values.
(c) Violent and frivolous.
(d) Toxic and harmful.
9. Who is the villain in the first story?
10. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
11. At what age does this phase begin to fade away?
12. The author states that learning how to integrate personalities is ______ to a child.
13. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
14. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
(b) Being eaten by a witch.
(c) Being trapped by a giant.
15. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
Short Answer Questions
1. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
2. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
3. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
4. What does the fisherman find in his net?
5. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)