|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) Magical elements.
(b) Maintaining faith.
(c) External forces.
(d) Internal conflicts.
2. During this phase, a child often tends to feel what?
3. What might be used to express inner conflict?
4. Fairy tales help children to integrate various aspects of _________________.
(d) Good and evil.
5. What is another word that means the same as kind?
6. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
(a) Being trapped by a giant.
(c) Being eaten by a witch.
7. The fisherman is called upon to use ______ to get out of a bad situation.
8. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
9. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
(b) Supernatural powers.
(d) Everything scary.
10. What does the fisherman find in his net?
(b) Copper pot.
(d) Talking fish.
11. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
12. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
(c) Religious parables.
(d) Fairy tales.
13. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
14. The child must resign the story so s/he can go where?
15. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
(b) Ancient tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. The child learns how to separate what two aspects of the personality?
2. What famous character has been studied by psychologists and psychiatrists?
3. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
4. At what age does this period begin?
5. One or more of the main characters is related to which food?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)