|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
2. Fairy tales help children to learn how to develop which of the following?
(d) Storytelling skills.
3. The fisherman is called upon to use ______ to get out of a bad situation.
4. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
(a) Everything scary.
(b) Supernatural powers.
5. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
(d) Mother Goose.
6. What does the fisherman find in his net?
(a) Talking fish.
(b) Copper pot.
7. The author states that learning how to integrate personalities is ______ to a child.
8. What types of issues are most often addressed in fairy tales?
9. The monsters or evil people in the stories always finish the story as _________________.
10. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
11. It is common for very different personalities to be present in what?
(a) Main characters.
12. An adult may see the relationship between the wolf and the grandmother as _________________.
13. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
14. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) Magical elements.
(b) Internal conflicts.
(c) Maintaining faith.
(d) External forces.
15. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
Short Answer Questions
1. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
2. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
3. What famous character has been studied by psychologists and psychiatrists?
4. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
5. A person with no experience in fairy tales may not understand the difference between which two objects?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)