|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A child might believe that his life is filled with what?
2. What famous character has been studied by psychologists and psychiatrists?
(d) Big bad wolf.
3. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
4. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) Maintaining faith.
(b) External forces.
(c) Magical elements.
(d) Internal conflicts.
5. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
6. What might be used to express inner conflict?
7. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
8. What is another word that means the same as kind?
9. One or more of the main characters is related to which food?
10. Stories may also help children deal with what kind of family situation?
(b) Sibling rivalry.
11. At what age do fairy tales begin to have real meaning for a child?
12. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Too realistic.
(b) Toxic and harmful.
(c) Violent and frivolous.
(d) Confusing regarding values.
13. A person with no experience in fairy tales may not understand the difference between which two objects?
(a) Good and evil.
(b) Internal and external worlds.
(c) Ego and superego.
(d) Fantasy and reality.
14. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
15. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
(a) Being eaten by a witch.
(d) Being trapped by a giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does this period begin?
2. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
3. What is the first story referred to by the Brothers Grimm?
4. Fairy tales help children to learn how to develop which of the following?
5. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)