|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word that means the same as kind?
2. An adult may see the relationship between the wolf and the grandmother as _________________.
3. What famous character has been studied by psychologists and psychiatrists?
(a) Big bad wolf.
4. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
(d) Mother Goose.
5. What is the first story referred to by the Brothers Grimm?
(a) Fisherman and the Jinny.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Queen Bee.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
6. One or more of the main characters is related to which food?
7. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(a) A monster.
(c) A benevolent force.
8. What does the fisherman find in his net?
(c) Copper pot.
(d) Talking fish.
9. What might be used to express inner conflict?
10. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
11. As a general rule, characters in fairy tales tend to be:
(a) On a journey.
12. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
13. A person's dreams are typically formed on what level?
14. The fisherman is called upon to use ______ to get out of a bad situation.
15. Fairy tales also teach that one will be rewarded if one does not attempt to avoid what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the villain in the first story?
2. When faced with ambivalence, a child must learn to understand which emotion is the most:
3. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
4. The downside of that personality may equate which of the following to a child?
5. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)