|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
(a) Oral tradition.
2. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
3. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
4. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
(a) Sense of belonging.
(b) Inferiority complexes.
(c) A skewed view of life.
(d) Sense of humanity.
5. A person with no experience in fairy tales may not understand the difference between which two objects?
(a) Ego and superego.
(b) Good and evil.
(c) Internal and external worlds.
(d) Fantasy and reality.
6. A child is unable to understand _________________.
7. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Red Riding Hood.
8. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(c) A monster.
(d) A benevolent force.
9. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
10. What is the first story referred to by the Brothers Grimm?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(c) Queen Bee.
(d) Fisherman and the Jinny.
11. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
(b) Everything scary.
(c) Supernatural powers.
12. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
(a) Danish and Norse.
(b) English and French.
(c) French and African.
(d) Swedish and English.
13. These stories will often force the child to face what kind of crises?
14. Who speaks to the fisherman?
15. The fisherman is called upon to use ______ to get out of a bad situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
2. Stories may also help children deal with what kind of family situation?
3. The outcome of the story depends fully on what in regards to the character?
4. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
5. An adult may see the relationship between the wolf and the grandmother as _________________.
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)