|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(c) A monster.
(d) A benevolent force.
2. The child learns how to separate what two aspects of the personality?
(a) Confusion and clarity.
(b) Sorrow and joy.
(c) Good and evil.
(d) Kindness and anger.
3. Fairy tales help children to integrate various aspects of _________________.
(a) Good and evil.
4. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Aristotle and Plato.
(b) Homer and Plato.
(c) Socrates and Aristotle
(d) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
5. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
6. What do the Norse refer to as their version of fairy tales?
(a) Magic stories.
7. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
(a) Religious figures.
(b) Talking animals.
(c) Gods and goddesses.
(d) Strange creatures.
8. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
(d) Oral tradition.
9. A child may be scared in thinking that his grandmother has been replaced by what?
(c) Talking wolf.
10. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
11. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
12. Fairy tales help children to learn how to develop which of the following?
(b) Storytelling skills.
13. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
(a) Benevolent force.
(c) Evil magical creature.
(d) Wicked Stepmother.
14. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
15. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does this period begin?
2. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
3. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
4. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
5. At what age do fairy tales begin to have real meaning for a child?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)