|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the villain in the first story?
2. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
3. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(b) Red Riding Hood.
4. As a general rule, characters in fairy tales tend to be:
(c) On a journey.
5. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
6. The downside of that personality may equate which of the following to a child?
7. Myths tend to focus on which of the following?
(a) Supernatural powers.
(b) Everything scary.
8. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) Internal conflicts.
(b) Magical elements.
(c) Maintaining faith.
(d) External forces.
9. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
10. These stories will often force the child to face what kind of crises?
11. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(b) A benevolent force.
(d) A monster.
12. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
(a) Swedish and English.
(b) Danish and Norse.
(c) French and African.
(d) English and French.
13. What do the Norse refer to as their version of fairy tales?
(a) Magic stories.
14. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
15. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
(b) A vivid imagination.
(c) Valuable learning experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. The outcome of the story depends fully on what in regards to the character?
2. Fairy tales help children to learn how to develop which of the following?
3. What story does the little girl relate to her mother?
4. In the example, where does the child live?
5. A child is unable to understand _________________.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)