|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(a) A new boat.
(c) Safe way home.
(d) Three wishes.
2. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
3. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
4. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Aristotle and Plato.
(b) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
(c) Homer and Plato.
(d) Socrates and Aristotle
5. According to this section of the text, some cultures have done what to fairy tales?
(a) Changed the morals involved.
(b) Restructured them.
(c) Outlawed them.
(d) Simplified them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Cinderella's mother?
2. During this phase, a child often tends to feel what?
3. What food is related to this particular fairy tale?
4. What animal had more sense than the main character(s) in the story?
5. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)