|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Aristotle and Plato.
(b) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
(c) Socrates and Aristotle
(d) Homer and Plato.
2. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
3. What types of issues are most often addressed in fairy tales?
4. The youngest sibling may be portrayed as what?
(d) Spoiled brat.
5. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
(b) Sounding board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous writer is referred to in regards to the structure of fairy tales?
2. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
3. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
4. What type of shelter presented itself to the characters?
5. In the example, where does the child live?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)