|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ugly step-sisters are there in the story?
2. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
(a) Being eaten by a witch.
(d) Being trapped by a giant.
3. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
(a) Sense of belonging.
(b) Sense of humanity.
(c) A skewed view of life.
(d) Inferiority complexes.
4. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
(b) Mother Goose.
5. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(b) Royal title.
(c) Snow white complexion.
(d) Relationship with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. An adult may see the relationship between the wolf and the grandmother as _________________.
2. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
3. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
4. What types of issues are most often addressed in fairy tales?
5. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)