|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
(c) Well defined.
2. Snow White's step-mother is jealous of what about Snow White?
(b) Relationship with her father.
(c) Royal title.
(d) Snow white complexion.
3. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
4. What famous character has been studied by psychologists and psychiatrists?
(b) Big bad wolf.
5. The moral of the story, particularly in the first version, is ________________.
(a) Be able to recognize evil in all forms.
(b) Never go into the woods alone.
(c) Always carry a weapon.
(d) Avoid compromising situations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
2. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
3. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
4. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
5. Stories may also help children deal with what kind of family situation?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)