|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(d) Little Red Riding Hood.
2. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) External forces.
(b) Maintaining faith.
(c) Internal conflicts.
(d) Magical elements.
3. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
(a) Being eaten by a witch.
(d) Being trapped by a giant.
4. How many ways are there in which this situation might be resolved?
5. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Violent and frivolous.
(b) Confusing regarding values.
(c) Too realistic.
(d) Toxic and harmful.
Short Answer Questions
1. A child may be scared in thinking that his grandmother has been replaced by what?
2. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
3. What time period is referred to in this section?
4. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
5. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)