|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
2. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(a) Safe way home.
(b) A new boat.
(d) Three wishes.
3. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Socrates and Aristotle
(b) Aristotle and Plato.
(c) Homer and Plato.
(d) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
4. The downside of that personality may equate which of the following to a child?
5. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(b) A benevolent force.
(d) A monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the example, where does the child live?
2. This child may also be the one who does what?
3. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
4. One objection to fairy tales is that they are not ____________.
5. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)