|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this phase, a child often tends to feel what?
2. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
(a) Evil magical creature.
(b) Benevolent force.
(d) Wicked Stepmother.
3. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
4. As a result, the child may feel no need to share in:
(a) Social situations.
(b) Family functions.
5. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(b) A new boat.
(c) Three wishes.
(d) Safe way home.
Short Answer Questions
1. A child may feel that nothing is expected of him if he feels:
2. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
3. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
4. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
5. What is expected of the mother in this situation?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)