|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A person with no experience in fairy tales may not understand the difference between which two objects?
(a) Fantasy and reality.
(b) Ego and superego.
(c) Internal and external worlds.
(d) Good and evil.
2. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
(a) English and French.
(b) French and African.
(c) Swedish and English.
(d) Danish and Norse.
3. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
(a) Evil magical creature.
(c) Benevolent force.
(d) Wicked Stepmother.
4. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
5. During this phase, a child often tends to feel what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that learning how to integrate personalities is ______ to a child.
2. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
3. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
4. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
5. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)