|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Aristotle and Plato.
(b) Homer and Plato.
(c) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
(d) Socrates and Aristotle
2. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(b) Red Riding Hood.
(c) Sleeping Beauty.
3. A child may be scared in thinking that his grandmother has been replaced by what?
(a) Talking wolf.
4. Fairy tales help children to integrate various aspects of _________________.
(b) Good and evil.
5. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
Short Answer Questions
1. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
2. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
3. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
4. What story does the little girl relate to her mother?
5. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)