|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous character has been studied by psychologists and psychiatrists?
(c) Big bad wolf.
2. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
3. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
4. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Confusing regarding values.
(b) Violent and frivolous.
(c) Too realistic.
(d) Toxic and harmful.
5. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Aristotle and Plato.
(b) Socrates and Aristotle
(c) Homer and Plato.
(d) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
2. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
3. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
4. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
5. Fairy tales help children to learn how to develop which of the following?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)