|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Little Red Riding Hood.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
2. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(c) A monster.
(d) A benevolent force.
3. What do the Norse refer to as their version of fairy tales?
(a) Magic stories.
4. What is another word that means the same as kind?
5. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
(a) Sense of belonging.
(b) Sense of humanity.
(c) A skewed view of life.
(d) Inferiority complexes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a person looks for the best in everything?
2. What types of issues are most often addressed in fairy tales?
3. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
4. When faced with ambivalence, a child must learn to understand which emotion is the most:
5. Religious parables gave the child a view of all of the following except for which one?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)