|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The child learns how to separate what two aspects of the personality?
(a) Sorrow and joy.
(b) Confusion and clarity.
(c) Good and evil.
(d) Kindness and anger.
2. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(a) Three wishes.
(b) A new boat.
(d) Safe way home.
3. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
(b) Being trapped by a giant.
(d) Being eaten by a witch.
4. These stories will often force the child to face what kind of crises?
5. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
2. The monsters or evil people in the stories always finish the story as _________________.
3. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
4. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
5. Disregarding a personality can be equivalent to discarding what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)