|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Violent and frivolous.
(b) Confusing regarding values.
(c) Toxic and harmful.
(d) Too realistic.
2. When faced with ambivalence, a child must learn to understand which emotion is the most:
3. The monsters or evil people in the stories always finish the story as _________________.
4. One or more of the main characters is related to which food?
5. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
(a) A vivid imagination.
(c) Valuable learning experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age do fairy tales begin to have real meaning for a child?
2. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
3. What do the Norse refer to as their version of fairy tales?
4. At what age does this period begin?
5. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)