|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Children would have no need for fairy tales if their dreams were _________________.
2. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
(a) Wicked Stepmother.
(b) Evil magical creature.
(d) Benevolent force.
3. At what age does this period begin?
4. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
(a) Being trapped by a giant.
(b) Being eaten by a witch.
5. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Little Red Riding Hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stories may also help children deal with what kind of family situation?
2. Fairy tales may help a child to learn about dealing with what kind of treatment?
3. The author states that learning how to integrate personalities is ______ to a child.
4. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
5. During this phase, a child often tends to feel what?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)