|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does the little girl relate to her mother?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(b) Snow White.
(d) Little Red Riding Hood.
2. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
3. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
4. During this phase, a child often tends to feel what?
5. What is the first story referred to by the Brothers Grimm?
(a) Queen Bee.
(b) Hansel and Gretel.
(c) Fisherman and the Jinny.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that learning how to integrate personalities is ______ to a child.
2. Who is the villain in the first story?
3. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
4. What does the fisherman find in his net?
5. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)