|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the example, where does the child live?
2. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
(a) A vivid imagination.
(d) Valuable learning experiences.
3. What story does the little girl relate to her mother?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(b) Snow White.
(c) Little Red Riding Hood.
4. The fisherman is called upon to use ______ to get out of a bad situation.
5. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
(a) Religious parables.
(b) Fairy tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
2. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
3. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
4. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
5. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)