|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
2. Historically speaking, a child's mind was formed by all but which one of the following?
(b) Fairy tales.
(d) Religious parables.
3. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(a) A benevolent force.
(c) A monster.
4. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(c) Red Riding Hood.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
5. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
(a) Danish and Norse.
(b) English and French.
(c) French and African.
(d) Swedish and English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fairy tales also teach that one will be rewarded if one does not attempt to avoid what?
2. A person's dreams are typically formed on what level?
3. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
4. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
5. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)