|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
(a) Benevolent force.
(b) Evil magical creature.
(d) Wicked Stepmother.
2. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
3. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(b) Three wishes.
(c) A new boat.
(d) Safe way home.
4. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
(d) Oral tradition.
5. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
2. As a general rule, characters in fairy tales tend to be:
3. At what age does this period begin?
4. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
5. What is it called when a person looks for the worst in everything?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)