|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first story referred to by the Brothers Grimm?
(a) Hansel and Gretel.
(b) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(c) Queen Bee.
(d) Fisherman and the Jinny.
2. What is it called when a story is told to one generation and then another?
(b) Oral tradition.
3. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
(b) Mother Goose.
4. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
5. Fairy tales tend to start out in what way?
Short Answer Questions
1. What might be used to express inner conflict?
2. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
3. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
4. Who speaks to the fisherman?
5. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)