|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A child is unable to understand _________________.
2. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
(b) Socrates and Aristotle
(c) Aristotle and Plato.
(d) Homer and Plato.
3. Who speaks to the fisherman?
4. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
5. What do the Norse refer to as their version of fairy tales?
(c) Magic stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that fairy tales manage to give children which of the following?
2. The outcome of the story depends fully on what in regards to the character?
3. An adult may take a childhood fairy tale and turn it into what?
4. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
5. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)