|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
(b) A vivid imagination.
(d) Valuable learning experiences.
2. Regardless of the content of the story, what two cultures call all such stories fairy tales?
(a) Swedish and English.
(b) English and French.
(c) French and African.
(d) Danish and Norse.
3. Fairy tales help children to integrate various aspects of _________________.
(d) Good and evil.
4. Which two philosophers are referred to in "Fairy Tale Versus Myth?"
(a) Kierkegaard and Sartre.
(b) Homer and Plato.
(c) Socrates and Aristotle
(d) Aristotle and Plato.
5. What do the Germans call their version of myths?
Short Answer Questions
1. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
2. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
3. Who believed that fairy tales led the listener to look for a higher sense of self?
4. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
5. What famous character has been studied by psychologists and psychiatrists?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)