|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action might a child take to express displeasure in a new situation?
2. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) Internal conflicts.
(b) Maintaining faith.
(c) Magical elements.
(d) External forces.
3. A child might believe that his life is filled with what?
4. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(a) A monster.
(d) A benevolent force.
5. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
(c) Complex thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In traditional roles, the father acts as which of the following?
2. Stories may also help children deal with what kind of family situation?
3. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
4. In ancient times, stories were often fashioned from tales regarding _________________.
5. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)