|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first story referred to by the Brothers Grimm?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(b) Fisherman and the Jinny.
(c) Queen Bee.
(d) Hansel and Gretel.
2. One or more of the main characters is related to which food?
3. The separation of good and evil is often portrayed in fairy tales through what type of character?
(b) Wicked Stepmother.
(c) Evil magical creature.
(d) Benevolent force.
4. What is not offered to the fisherman?
(a) Three wishes.
(b) A new boat.
(d) Safe way home.
5. The mind of a child is not set up to understand what?
(d) Complex thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the mind is not fed by fairy tales?
2. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
3. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
4. What does the fisherman find in his net?
5. What is the first fairy tale mentioned in this section?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)