|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 16-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bettelheim says it would be easy to refer to the parents of this area as _________________.
2. Both philosophers believed that myth equaled what?
3. Fairy tales most often deal with what?
(a) External forces.
(b) Maintaining faith.
(c) Magical elements.
(d) Internal conflicts.
4. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(c) A benevolent force.
(d) A monster.
5. A child may be scared in thinking that his grandmother has been replaced by what?
(d) Talking wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Germans call their version of fairy tales?
2. It was predicted that Oedipus would kill who?
3. What phase of a child's development is addressed by the author?
4. What famous doctor is well known for his studies on that particular character?
5. What is the negative aspect related to the character(s)?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)