|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name one fairy tale in which this number is present.
(b) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(d) Little Red Riding Hood.
2. Like many fairy tales, Snow White has what kind of connotations?
3. Supporters of fairy tales also state that ____ in fairy tales help children express a side of their personality that may not otherwise be explored.
4. In the case of the girl, what generally ends up happening to the father?
(a) He saves the world.
(c) Gets killed.
(d) Is called away on a mission.
5. Many people believe that the reference is purely _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original name of Little Red Riding Hood?
2. What story does the little girl relate to her mother?
3. Bettelheim states that the forest represents what in the story?
4. In the story who is the wolf's basic enemy?
5. A person with no experience in fairy tales may not understand the difference between which two objects?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)