Part 1: Chapters 1-7
1. Who is the first famous writer to be quoted in chapter one?
(d) Mother Goose.
2. What fairy tale character was the writer's favorite?
(c) Red Riding Hood.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
3. Fairy tales are often thought to provide what to a child?
(b) A vivid imagination.
(c) Valuable learning experiences.
4. What poet is referred to regarding the previous statement?
5. Through fairy tales, children are led to believe that _____ will always come to their aid.
(a) A benevolent force.
(d) A monster.
6. Fairy tales also teach that one will be rewarded if one does not attempt to avoid what?
7. Some parents and teachers have not allowed children access to fairy tales because they are _________________.
(a) Toxic and harmful.
(b) Too realistic.
(c) Confusing regarding values.
(d) Violent and frivolous.
8. Many modern fairy tales have lost their impact and meaning because they have been _________________.
This section contains 2,997 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)