|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the German word for dead tired?
2. How did Sini get two cuts on her little finger?
3. How long did the girls have to stay away from the Oostervelds while Johan was gone?
4. How long did the fighting last in Arnhem?
5. How did Miss Kleinhoonte come to visit the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn’t Groothuis surprised to learn that the Oostervelds had sheltered Jews?
2. Why did the girls enjoy being in the back room?
3. What happened in Arnhem?
4. Why did Dini Hannink think that the Germans would do a house-to-house search in Chapter 7?
5. How did Annie feel when she could finally go outside?
6. What did Sini say when Opoe asked if she snored?
7. Why did Sini decide that Annie had to walk up and down the room at least 100 times a day?
8. Where was Johan going to hide?
9. What did Les write Rachel?
10. What happened when Johan let the girls go outside?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
People in the book had different feelings about wearing a star that identified them as Jews. What was the general feeling about wearing the star? How did the members of Annie’s family feel about it? How did Annie feel? Why were there mixed feelings about wearing it?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 11, Sini refused to hide any longer. What happened to Sini that made her refuse to hide? What did she insist on getting? What did she do that allowed her not to hide?
Essay Topic 3
Both Annie and Sini missed out on a lot during the years they were hiding. What did Sini miss out on? Had Sini already finished school? What grade was Annie in when they went into hiding? How did she study? What else did Annie miss out on during the time she was in hiding?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)