|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many farmers followed the Oostervelds back to their house in Chapter 12?
2. What did Dini Hannink bring Annie for her birthday?
3. In Chapter 11, where did the Russians push the Germans?
4. Where did Johan hide in the city in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 10, how many city people did Dientje say came to the door begging for food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Johan let the girls go outside?
2. Why did Sini talk to Johan about money?
3. What postcard did Rachel show Sini and Annie?
4. Why did the girls enjoy being in the back room?
5. What happened when Annie was in the bomb shelter with Dientje and Opoe?
6. How did the Germans get men to work for them?
7. What did Johan do at the bleachworks?
8. Why didn’t Sini and Annie go back with Rachel when she came to get them?
9. Why did Dientje have to have her niece visit?
10. What did the German do when their informant was killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Annie and Opoe celebrated birthdays in the book. How were their birthdays similar? How were they different? How did Annie feel about celebrating her birthday the way she celebrated it? How did Opoe help Annie?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, Annie had wanted to see Rachel. How did Annie feel when she first saw Rachel? What soured the visit for Annie? Did Annie and Rachel make up?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Johan killed a man. Was Johan a violent man? Had he ever killed anyone before? Why did he kill someone in Chapter 10?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)