|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color dog did Annie see at the Hannink’s house?
2. In Chapter 2, how many times was the Gans’ son able to write to his parents?
3. Who did Annie see as she prepared to leave her town?
4. How long had a war lasted between Holland and Spain?
5. How many pillows were on Opoe’s bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Annie’s bus stop on the way to Enschede?
2. How did Annie get from Enschede to Usselo?
3. What were the sleeping arrangements at the Oosterveld’s?
4. How did Dientje choose a book for the girls to read?
5. In Chapter 6, what was learned about the course of the war?
6. Why did Rachel refuse to go into hiding?
7. How were Sini and Annie disguised when they left home to go into hiding?
8. How did the principal at the school where Rachel taught react when he learned she had received a letter from the Germans firing her?
9. Why did the yellow stars that the Jews had to wear infuriate Father?
10. At the end of Chapter 4, why did Annie and Sini have to leave the Hannick’s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Oostervelds social status was different that the girls or the Hanninks. As far as physical comforts, how did the Oostervelds’ home differ from what the girls were used to? Did the girls seem aware of the differences? What did the Oostervelds have to offer the girls? Why did that seem to erase any social differences?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, Annie had wanted to see Rachel. How did Annie feel when she first saw Rachel? What soured the visit for Annie? Did Annie and Rachel make up?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, Sini refused to hide any longer. What happened to Sini that made her refuse to hide? What did she insist on getting? What did she do that allowed her not to hide?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)