|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Opoe going to be on her birthday?
2. Where did Johan build a hiding place for the girls?
3. How far was the city where Annie and her family lived from Germany?
4. What color dog did Annie see at the Hannink’s house?
5. What was the first country Germany took in 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what was learned about the course of the war?
2. How were Sini and Annie disguised when they left home to go into hiding?
3. How did Johan create a hiding place for the girls?
4. What were the sleeping arrangements at the Oosterveld’s?
5. Why didn’t the girls sleep in the extra bedroom?
6. How was it arranged it so the girls could eat a birthday dinner with Opoe?
7. At the end of Chapter 4, why did Annie and Sini have to leave the Hannick’s?
8. How did Annie get from Enschede to Usselo?
9. Why did Sini and Annie quarrel when they unpacked at the Hannink’s?
10. How did Mr. Abbinks offer to help Les?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Uncle Phil and Rachel refused to go into hiding because of dietary laws. What dietary laws kept them from going into hiding? Was Uncle Phil resisting going into hiding for himself or someone else? Did he seem to think that eating kosher was more important than life? Was Rachel resisting going into hiding for herself or someone else? Why did she seem to think it important that her mother have kosher food?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Johan killed a man. Was Johan a violent man? Had he ever killed anyone before? Why did he kill someone in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Annie had wanted to see Rachel. How did Annie feel when she first saw Rachel? What soured the visit for Annie? Did Annie and Rachel make up?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)