|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Annie used to go with her family on vacation?
2. When did Hitler become chancellor of Germany?
3. What color was Opoe wearing in Chapter 5?
4. Where did Johan build a hiding place for the girls?
5. What color was Opoe’s braid?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what plan did Father come up with to leave?
2. Why did Rachel refuse to go into hiding?
3. How did Johan create a hiding place for the girls?
4. By 1939, where were Annie’s sisters working?
5. How did Mr. Abbinks offer to help Les?
6. What did the embroidered picture look like that Annie could see in Chapter 6?
7. What were the sleeping arrangements at the Oosterveld’s?
8. How were Sini and Annie disguised when they left home to go into hiding?
9. In Chapter 6, what was learned about the course of the war?
10. How did Dientje choose a book for the girls to read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 11, Sini refused to hide any longer. What happened to Sini that made her refuse to hide? What did she insist on getting? What did she do that allowed her not to hide?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, danger threatened the girls and the Oostervelds. What dangers did they face? What were the Oostervelds risking by taking care of the girls? Why was it so important for the girls to be hidden?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 11, Dientje was terrified when Johan went into hiding. Why was Dientje so fearful? What was she afraid would happen? What did her fear lead her to do?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)