|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Oostervelds get Annie for her birthday?
2. In Chapter 7, what was the terrible thing that Opoe said had happened?
(a) Annie stomped her foot.
(b) Annie burned a hole in her apron.
(c) Annie sang.
(d) Annie put a book on Opoe’s mother’s lace cap.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where were the Allies running?
4. How many rooms in the house did Johan have to give the German in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 10, how long had it been since Opoe had been any place?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 24 years.
(d) 14 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What night did the girls have to sleep in the closet hiding place?
2. How many Jews was the farmer that Dientje used to work for hiding?
3. How many miles did Miss Kleinhoonte bike to see the girls?
4. When did the German move into the Oostervelds house?
5. How did Sini get two cuts on her little finger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn’t Sini and Annie go back with Rachel when she came to get them?
2. What happened when Johan let the girls go outside?
3. What news did Miss Kleinhoonte bring the girls when she visited in Chapter 8?
4. What did Sini do when the soldiers came?
5. What did Sini say when Opoe asked if she snored?
6. What did Mr. Hannink want Johan to do in Chapter 10?
7. Why did Dientje take the girls to the Hannicks’ underground shelter?
8. Who was Miss Kleinhoonte?
9. Why did the girls enjoy being in the back room?
10. Why did Annie get mad at Rachel when she visited?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)