|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Opoe want Johan to wait to take the girls back to Winterswijk?
(a) A day.
(b) A couple weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) A week.
2. What news did Groothuis bring about the war in Chapter 11?
(a) Allies started a counterattack in Belgium.
(b) Allies were moving north into Holland.
(c) Allies had landed in France.
(d) Allies were moving into Germany.
3. By Chapter 9, how long had the Germans been losing the war?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 ½ years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 6 months.
4. In Chapter 11, when were the Allies attacked in Belgium?
5. Where did Annie and Sini sleep after the war was over?
(a) Front room.
(b) Back room.
(d) Living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Annie doing the day that Miss Kleinhoonte came to visit?
2. How long on a bicycle would it take to get from Arnhem to Usselo?
3. In Chapter 9, where were the Russians fighting?
4. Where did Annie imagine herself to be at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where were the Allies running?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wasn’t Groothuis surprised to learn that the Oostervelds had sheltered Jews?
2. What happened when Johan let the girls go outside?
3. Why did the girls enjoy being in the back room?
4. What did the German do when their informant was killed?
5. How did Annie feel when she could finally go outside?
6. Why did Dini Hannink think that the Germans would do a house-to-house search in Chapter 7?
7. Why did Sini talk to Johan about money?
8. Where was Johan going to hide?
9. What did Les write Rachel?
10. What did Johan do at the bleachworks?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)