|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Oostervelds get Annie for her birthday?
2. Where did Dientje send the girls when Johan went to hide in the city?
(c) Wheat field.
3. How long did the girls have to stay away from the Oostervelds while Johan was gone?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 12 days.
4. In Chapter 8, which of Hitler’s allies was in jail?
(a) Konrad Henlein.
(c) Albert Forster.
5. How many farmers followed the Oostervelds back to their house in Chapter 12?
(a) About a dozen.
(b) 3 or 4.
(c) Half a dozen.
(d) 2 or 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, where were the Americans and the British fighting?
2. In what season was Annie’s birthday?
3. In Chapter 11, when were the Allies attacked in Belgium?
4. Who came to see the girls in Chapter 7 to warn them about a German search?
5. Where did Annie and Sini sleep after the war was over?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Germans get men to work for them?
2. How did Annie feel when she could finally go outside?
3. Why didn’t Sini and Annie go back with Rachel when she came to get them?
4. What presents did Annie get for her eleventh birthday?
5. Why did Dini Hannink think that the Germans would do a house-to-house search in Chapter 7?
6. Why did Sini decide that Annie had to walk up and down the room at least 100 times a day?
7. What did Sini say when Opoe asked if she snored?
8. Where was Johan going to hide?
9. What did Les write Rachel?
10. Why wasn’t Groothuis surprised to learn that the Oostervelds had sheltered Jews?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)