|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Annie imagine herself to be at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Bleachworks with Johan.
(b) Home with her family.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Playing in a meadow.
2. What did Annie do when she saw the soldiers?
(d) Hugged Opoe.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 10, where were the Allies running?
4. What did Sini do when the soldiers came?
(a) Hugged Annie.
(b) Jumped up and down.
(c) Wave a flag.
(d) Kissed a soldier.
5. What did Mr. Hannink want Johan to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Fight in the Resistance.
(b) Hide more Jews.
(c) Share food.
(d) Kill a traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dientje bring Miss Kleinhoonte to eat when she came to visit the girls?
2. In Chapter 7, what was the terrible thing that Opoe said had happened?
3. How many Jews was the farmer that Dientje used to work for hiding?
4. Where did Sini want to go to join a drama club?
5. In Chapter 9, where were the Russians fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What presents did Annie get for her eleventh birthday?
2. Why did Dientje take the girls to the Hannicks’ underground shelter?
3. Why did the girls enjoy being in the back room?
4. What did the German do when their informant was killed?
5. What did Sini do when the soldiers came?
6. Why didn’t Sini and Annie go back with Rachel when she came to get them?
7. What did Les write Rachel?
8. Why did Dientje have to have her niece visit?
9. What did Johan do at the bleachworks?
10. What did Sini and Annie do for St. Nicholas Day?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)