|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Oostervelds give Sini and Annie to drink at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How old were Annie’s sisters at the beginning of the story?
(a) 19 and 23.
(b) 14 and 17.
(c) 16 and 21.
(d) 12 and 15.
3. Who did Annie see as she prepared to leave her town?
(a) An old teacher.
(b) German soldier.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Mrs. Gans.
4. How long after Hitler made the move that started World War II, did England and France declare war?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
5. What was the name of the Hannink’s dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where did Father think they might be able to go?
2. What type of vegetables was served for Opoe’s birthday dinner?
3. What type of bedspread was in the room where Annie and Sini stayed at the Hannink’s?
4. What did the soldiers take when they left Annie’s bus?
5. What color was Johan’s hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Johan create a hiding place for the girls?
2. Where was a place found for Les to hide?
3. How was it arranged it so the girls could eat a birthday dinner with Opoe?
4. What happened to the Gans’ son?
5. Why didn’t Annie’s parents go to America?
6. At the end of Chapter 4, why did Annie and Sini have to leave the Hannick’s?
7. How did Annie get from Enschede to Usselo?
8. How did Dientje choose a book for the girls to read?
9. Why didn’t the girls sleep in the extra bedroom?
10. Why did the yellow stars that the Jews had to wear infuriate Father?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)