|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did World War II begin?
2. What could Annie see from her new home in Chapter 2?
(a) School bell tower.
(c) Top of a church.
(d) German tanks.
3. In Chapter 5, how long was the arrangement for the girls to stay with the Oostervelds?
(a) Until after the war.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 days.
4. What did the Abbinks give Annie and her father when they left?
5. Where did Annie and her family live?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how many times was the Gans’ son able to write to his parents?
2. What type of trees was in the back of the Hannink house?
3. How long ago did Opoe embroider a picture that Annie noticed in Chapter 6?
4. Why did Father and Annie go to see the Abbinks?
5. What did the family eat first for Opoe’s birthday dinner with the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the embroidered picture look like that Annie could see in Chapter 6?
2. Why did Rachel refuse to go into hiding?
3. Why did Opoe think it wouldn’t hurt Annie to have coffee?
4. By 1939, where were Annie’s sisters working?
5. How did Mr. Abbinks offer to help Les?
6. Who could Annie see from her bedroom window?
7. How did Dientje choose a book for the girls to read?
8. Who were the members of the Oosterveld family?
9. How did Annie get from Enschede to Usselo?
10. Why did Annie’s bus stop on the way to Enschede?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)