|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dog did Annie see at the Hannink’s house?
2. What time did the Hannick’s get up the first morning that Annie and Sini were there?
3. What color was Sini’s hair died before she went into hiding?
4. What type of vegetables was served for Opoe’s birthday dinner?
(a) String beans.
(c) Lima beans.
(d) Green peas.
5. In Chapter 2, what was the color of the dog that Annie’s father got her?
(a) Brown and black.
(d) Tan and white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Abbinks give Annie and her father when they left?
2. What did Opoe sneak to Sini and Annie during the party?
3. In Chapter 2, how many times was the Gans’ son able to write to his parents?
4. In Chapter 2, who lived at a nearby farm?
5. What did Johan say was the only book in the Oosterveld house?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what was learned about the course of the war?
2. Where was a place found for Les to hide?
3. By 1939, where were Annie’s sisters working?
4. What were the sleeping arrangements at the Oosterveld’s?
5. Why did Opoe think it wouldn’t hurt Annie to have coffee?
6. How did Dientje choose a book for the girls to read?
7. What did the embroidered picture look like that Annie could see in Chapter 6?
8. How did Johan create a hiding place for the girls?
9. How did the principal at the school where Rachel taught react when he learned she had received a letter from the Germans firing her?
10. How was it arranged it so the girls could eat a birthday dinner with Opoe?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)