|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rachel get to Usselo to get her sisters?
2. How old was Sini in Chapter 11?
3. How did Sini get two cuts on her little finger?
(a) Knife cut.
(b) Biting on it.
(c) Paper cut.
(d) Cut by a wire.
4. When did Annie decide to ask Dientje for the calendar she had refused?
(a) February 22.
(b) January 5.
(c) January 13.
(d) February 9.
5. Where did Johan hide in the city in Chapter 11?
(a) Friend’s house.
(b) Abandoned farm.
(c) Fire station.
(d) Underground shelter.
6. How did Miss Kleinhoonte come to visit the girls?
(b) Horse and cart.
7. When Miss Kleinhoonte was eating, what did she remind Annie of?
8. In Chapter 8, when was Miss Kleinhoonte coming to visit the girls?
9. What noise did Annie hear at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Drip drop.
(d) Bang clash.
10. What did Opoe give Rachel for breakfast?
11. What did Johan ask for when he saw the Canadian soldiers?
12. How many miles did Miss Kleinhoonte bike to see the girls?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
13. What did Annie think the noise was that she heard at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Groothuis boy.
(c) Someone walking by.
14. How long did the fighting last in Arnhem?
(a) 13 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 5 days.
15. What night did the girls have to sleep in the closet hiding place?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how often did the official daily newspaper come out?
2. In what season was Annie’s birthday?
3. What was the surname of the boy Sini began dating in Chapter 11?
4. How many weeks after one of Hitler’s allies was imprisoned, did the English land in southern Italy?
5. What did Rachel think Annie should start taking?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)