|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When were thousands of British parachutists dropped at Arnhem?
2. In Chapter 8, where had the English and the Americans landed?
3. After the Germans searched the house in Chapter 10, what did Opoe bring the girls?
4. In Chapter 11, when were the Allies attacked in Belgium?
5. In Chapter 10, how long had it been since Opoe had been any place?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 24 years.
6. What noise did Annie hear at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(b) Drip drop.
(c) Bang clash.
7. When did Mrs. Groothuis visit the Oostervelds to get milk every day?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 9 a.m.
(c) 11 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
8. What last name was on Sini’s false papers?
(a) te Broeke.
(c) De Bock.
9. What was Sini’s job in Chapter 11?
(a) Mill worker.
10. Who sent the post card that Rachel showed the girls during her visit?
(a) Miss Kleinhoonte.
(b) Uncle Bram.
(c) Uncle Phil.
11. Why didn’t Johan come home every evening to listen to the news?
(a) Too busy in the fields.
(b) Worked late at the bleachworks.
(c) Helped a neighbor.
(d) Had to tend the animals.
12. What did Dientje bring Miss Kleinhoonte to eat when she came to visit the girls?
(a) Milk and scones.
(b) Tea and biscuits.
(c) Lemonade and cookies.
(d) Coffee and cookies.
13. How long did Opoe want Johan to wait to take the girls back to Winterswijk?
(a) A couple weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A day.
14. What month did Rachel visit the girls at the Oostervelds?
15. What time of day did Rachel come to visit?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 4 p.m.
(c) After dark.
(d) Before midnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Annie and Sini sleep after the war was over?
2. How did Sini and Annie get back to Winterswijk?
3. In what season was Annie’s birthday?
4. How did Miss Kleinhoonte come to visit the girls?
5. Where did Annie imagine herself to be at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)