|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Annie and Sini sleep after the war was over?
(b) Back room.
(c) Front room.
(d) Living room.
2. In Chapter 11, how often did the official daily newspaper come out?
(a) Once a week.
(c) 3 times a week.
(d) Two times a week.
3. How long did Opoe want Johan to wait to take the girls back to Winterswijk?
(a) A day.
(b) A month.
(c) A couple weeks.
(d) A week.
4. What did Sini do when the soldiers came?
(a) Kissed a soldier.
(b) Hugged Annie.
(c) Jumped up and down.
(d) Wave a flag.
5. What was the date at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) March 26.
(b) April 12.
(c) April 1.
(d) March 30.
6. What was the only thing Les wrote about when he wrote Rachel?
(a) Being cold.
(b) How busy he was.
(c) How he missed his girls.
(d) Being hungry.
7. How did Miss Kleinhoonte come to visit the girls?
(b) Horse and cart.
8. Where did Opoe get her brown braid?
(a) A friend.
(b) Cut from her hair when she was younger.
(c) Her sister.
(d) An aunt.
9. In Chapter 11, where did the Russians push the Germans?
(a) Almost back to Berlin.
(b) To Munich.
(c) Almost to Dresden.
(d) Out of Russia.
10. What was the name of Dientje’s niece?
11. When did the German move into the Oostervelds house?
(a) October 2, 1944.
(b) September 27, 1944.
(c) October 17, 1944.
(d) September 30, 1944.
12. What did Johan ask for when he saw the Canadian soldiers?
13. What noise did Annie hear at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Drip drop.
(b) Bang clash.
14. Where was the writer of the post card that Rachel showed the girls going?
15. What color was Annie’s hair dyed in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how many city people did Dientje say came to the door begging for food?
2. Where did Annie imagine herself to be at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What did Dientje bring Miss Kleinhoonte to eat when she came to visit the girls?
4. What city was Johan going to in Chapter 11 to hide?
5. What was the surname of the boy Sini began dating in Chapter 11?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)