|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of day was it at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Lovely late summer day.
(b) Cool summer day.
(c) Rainy fall day.
(d) Crisp fall day.
2. What was the first book Dientje borrowed from the minister?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Robinson Crusoe.
(d) Gulliver’s Travels.
3. What was the name of the Hannink’s dog?
4. What happened to people who hid a Jew in Enschede?
(d) Concentration camp.
5. What do the Oostervelds give Sini and Annie to drink at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 2, who lived at a nearby farm?
7. Who did Annie see as she prepared to leave her town?
(a) German soldier.
(b) An old teacher.
(c) Mrs. Gans.
(d) A neighbor.
8. What were most farmers doing when Annie and her father went to see the Abbinks?
(a) Harvesting corn.
(b) Harvesting hay.
(c) Harvesting soybeans.
(d) Harvesting wheat.
9. In Chapter 6, what day of the week was Opoe’s birthday?
10. Who did Hitler blame for the defeat of the German army in World War I?
11. What type of vegetables was served for Opoe’s birthday dinner?
(a) Green peas.
(c) Lima beans.
(d) String beans.
12. How old were Annie’s sisters at the beginning of the story?
(a) 14 and 17.
(b) 19 and 23.
(c) 12 and 15.
(d) 16 and 21.
13. When did World War II begin?
14. What did Sophie give Annie the last time she saw her?
15. When did Hitler become chancellor of Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far out of Winterswijk did Annie’s bus stop for an inspection?
2. In Chapter 6, what year is on the calendar Opoe gives the girls?
3. How did Annie get from the bus station to the Hannink’s house?
4. What nationality were the soldiers who got on Annie’s bus for an inspection?
5. How many children lived at a nearby farm in Chapter 2?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)