|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how long was the arrangement for the girls to stay with the Oostervelds?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) Until after the war.
2. What color was the trim on the Oosterveld’s house?
3. In Chapter 2, where did Father think they might be able to go?
4. What did the family eat first for Opoe’s birthday dinner with the girls?
(a) Chicken and dumplings.
(b) Chicken soup.
(c) Roast chicken.
(d) Roast beef.
5. What was the first book Dientje borrowed from the minister?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) Gulliver’s Travels.
(d) Moby Dick.
6. What did Opoe want Dientje to make from the fabric the girls gave her for her birthday?
7. What was the first country Germany took in 1940?
8. What flower did Les pick and put in his buttonhole as he and Annie left the Abbinks?
9. How many pages of math did Sini make Annie do every day?
10. When did World War II begin?
11. What could Annie see from her new home in Chapter 2?
(b) German tanks.
(c) Top of a church.
(d) School bell tower.
12. What was the date in Chapter 4 when Annie wondered how long they’d been at the Hannink’s?
(a) November 18.
(b) November 12.
(c) October 21.
(d) October 5.
13. What was the name of the Hannink’s dog?
14. What color was Sini’s hair died before she went into hiding?
15. In Chapter 5, how long had it been since Opoe had bought new clothes?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) About five years.
(d) Over ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what day of the week was Opoe’s birthday?
2. What time did the Hannick’s get up the first morning that Annie and Sini were there?
3. How far was the city where Annie and her family lived from Germany?
4. Where did Johan build a hiding place for the girls?
5. In Chapter 2, what surrounded Annie’s new home?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)