|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the De Leeuw family receive a letter ordering them to go to a Dutch work camp?
2. What was the cause of World War II?
(a) Germany marching into France.
(b) Germany marching into Poland.
(c) Germany marching into Russia.
(d) Germany marching into Holland.
3. Where were Annie, Sini, and Rachel to stay?
4. What did the family eat first for Opoe’s birthday dinner with the girls?
(a) Roast chicken.
(b) Chicken and dumplings.
(c) Chicken soup.
(d) Roast beef.
5. In Chapter 5, how long was the arrangement for the girls to stay with the Oostervelds?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 6 months.
(d) Until after the war.
6. In Chapter 6, what day of the week was Opoe’s birthday?
7. Where did Annie used to go with her family on vacation?
8. How long had a war lasted between Holland and Spain?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 80 years.
(c) 68 years.
(d) 18 years.
9. How far was the city where Annie and her family lived from Germany?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 60 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 90 minutes.
10. How many children lived at a nearby farm in Chapter 2?
11. What could Annie see from her new home in Chapter 2?
(a) Top of a church.
(b) School bell tower.
(c) German tanks.
12. How many pillows were on Opoe’s bed?
13. Why did Father and Annie go to see the Abbinks?
(a) To discuss hiding.
(b) To get food.
(c) To bring supplies.
(d) To give away furniture.
14. In Chapter 2, how many times was the Gans’ son able to write to his parents?
(b) Three times.
(d) Four times.
15. What color was Sini’s hair died before she went into hiding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to people who hid a Jew in Enschede?
2. What color dog did Annie see at the Hannink’s house?
3. What color was Johan’s hair?
4. What color brick was the Oosterveld’s house?
5. In Chapter 2, where did Father think they might be able to go?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)