Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
2. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
3. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
4. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
5. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
Essay Topic 1
In the tumultuous context of the Civil War, betrayal and revenge are common occurrences. Discuss the different instances of revenge and betrayal in "The Unvanquished" and how it relates to the book's portrait of humanity.
Essay Topic 2
Stemming from the chaotic nature of the war, the maturing of two of the protagonists (Bayard and Ringo), and the uprooted nature of the Sartoris family, characters are forced to take on others' roles. Discuss how these role reversals take place and how they prove as pivotal to the narrative.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the big picture Faulkner is portraying through "The Unvanquished." Is he depicting the shortsighted picture or the long-term view of the war? What about the Civil War does Faulkner want to portray?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)