Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
2. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
3. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
4. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
5. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
Through "The Unvanquished," the reader watches Bayard mature from his idyllic childhood to adulthood. This transition is instigated through both nature and experience. Discuss the affect Bayard's youthful and matured perspectives offer to the book and Faulkner's explanation of the natures of youth and adulthood.
In the tumultuous context of the Civil War, betrayal and revenge are common occurrences. Discuss the different instances of revenge and betrayal in "The Unvanquished" and how it relates to the book's portrait of humanity.
Faulkner's serious story is full of humor and irony. Discuss how Faulkner uses humor, how his writing style affects these moments, their purpose, and affect.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)