Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
2. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
3. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
4. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
5. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
Drusilla, after losing her husband and fiancé to the war, begins to show her true nature: without the traditional constraints of Southern society, she is masculine and adventurous. Drusilla portrays progressiveness, while Aunt Louisa portrays stringent Southern tradition. Discuss how Faulkner addresses humanity and the shift in the post-Civil War South through his use of his female characters.
Discuss the big picture Faulkner is portraying through "The Unvanquished." Is he depicting the shortsighted picture or the long-term view of the war? What about the Civil War does Faulkner want to portray?
The migration of the slaves to the river represents classical elements of the Civil War as well as Faulkner's personal portrait of the nature of humans and the time. Discuss the scene of the slaves' migration to the river in its themes and the statement Faulkner is making about the Civil War and the larger portrait of humanity.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)