Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
2. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
3. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
4. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
5. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
The Sartoris family's adventures are often portrayed in an exaggerated manner, painting aspects of this Civil War story like a tall tale. Discuss Faulkner's tall-tale style in "The Unvanquished." What spin does this place on events? Effect how you see characters? What is his purpose in doing this?
Race is a significant and theme of "The Unvanquished": slaves are not all treated equally by characters and each character has a different agenda. Discuss the nature of race in the book and how the various dimensions are developed and the role they play.
The moments of good versus evil are the moments where Bayard's true maturity is forced and shown. The villains play a pivotal role in the progression of the narrative, characters and message. Discuss how the villains are significant and what their impact is on "The Unvanquished."
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)