|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louisa respond to Drusilla's return home?
(a) She is happy Drusilla is back.
(b) She wants Drusilla to go north.
(c) She feels Drusilla has shamed the family.
(d) She wishes Drusilla had been a better soldier.
2. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(b) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
(c) He explains who they are looking for.
(d) He stay silent until the man leaves.
3. Why are the women of Jefferson concerned for Drusilla?
(a) They think she's sick.
(b) They think she takes too many risks.
(c) They think she's having an affair with Sartoris.
(d) They think she's traumatized by the war.
4. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
(a) He is jealous he couldn't be there.
(b) He is underwhelmed.
(c) He congratulates them.
(d) He scolds them.
5. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) She wants to look professional.
(b) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
(c) Ab requested only she go.
(d) She will be less conspicuous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
2. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
3. The Methodist preacher in town used to be a _______.
4. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
5. Why was Louisa letdown by election day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bayard and Grumby approach killing differently?
2. What is the primary reason Bayard was forced to act as an adult in "Vendee"?
3. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
4. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
5. Who is the most effective weapon against the Union army? How so?
6. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
7. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
8. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
9. What does Bayard mean when he says that the men of Jefferson are enemies to the women?
10. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)