|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ringo believes: "The war ain't over. It just _____ good.
2. What does Bayard do when he sees Ab?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He sets him free.
(c) He spits on him.
(d) He calls for the police.
3. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A slave.
(b) A Republican.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A child.
4. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) He was raised right.
(b) He's the youngest.
(c) He has the most money.
(d) All the other men are enlisted.
5. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
(a) Sartoris fixed the election.
(b) He won all the votes.
(c) He beat him by one vote.
(d) Sartoris won sixty percent of the votes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the scheme, Bayard and Granny are responsible for what?
2. How do Ringo, Bayard, and Buck know they are on the right track to findings Grumby and Ab?
3. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
4. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
5. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
2. Is Aunt Louisa's confrontation of Drusilla's masculinity humorous banter? Why or why not?
3. After the war, is there peace in the south?
4. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
5. Are Drusilla and Sartoris' efforts admirable? Why or why not?
6. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
7. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
8. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
9. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
10. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)