|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her cunningness.
(b) Her good cooking.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her business savviness.
2. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She feigns ignorance.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She accuses them back.
3. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) All the other men are enlisted.
(b) He was raised right.
(c) He's the youngest.
(d) He has the most money.
4. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A child.
(b) A Republican.
(c) A slave.
(d) The mayor.
5. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
(a) Familiar looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Bayard see Drusilla after Louisa arrives?
2. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
3. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
4. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
5. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
2. Why do Bayard and Ringo hold Ab responsible for Granny's death?
3. Who is the most effective weapon against the Union army? How so?
4. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
5. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
6. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
7. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
8. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
9. Is Aunt Louisa's confrontation of Drusilla's masculinity humorous banter? Why or why not?
10. After the war, is there peace in the south?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)