|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(d) Human relations.
2. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
(a) She already gave them to Ringo and Bayard.
(b) They got distracted.
(c) They's not worth taking.
(d) They feel bad for her.
3. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) She will be less conspicuous.
(b) She wants to look professional.
(c) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
(d) Ab requested only she go.
4. The Methodist preacher in town used to be a _______.
(a) Farmer for the Sartoris family.
(b) Union soldier.
(c) Catholic priest.
(d) Confederate private.
5. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
2. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
3. What does the gossip about Drusilla develop to?
4. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
5. In the scheme, Bayard and Granny are responsible for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
2. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
3. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
4. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
5. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
6. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
7. Does Bayard feel guilty about Granny's death? Should he?
8. How do Bayard and Grumby approach killing differently?
9. What does Bayard mean when he says that the men of Jefferson are enemies to the women?
10. Is Aunt Louisa's confrontation of Drusilla's masculinity humorous banter? Why or why not?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)