|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bayard see Drusilla after Louisa arrives?
(a) All day, every day.
(b) Only at mealtimes.
(d) Only when he's in town.
2. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) The regiment is too close to another.
(b) She's sold to this troop before.
(c) The mules are not healthy.
(d) She's too tired to put up her act.
3. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the foot.
(d) In the arm.
4. What is Louisa's final task in setting Drusilla right?
(a) Making her marry Sartoris.
(b) Moving her to New York.
(c) Teaching her to play piano.
(d) Getting her a wig.
5. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He's well fed and well dressed.
(b) He's cold, wet and lost.
(c) He's tied to a tree.
(d) He is very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
2. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
3. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
4. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
5. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the old social rules of women and men in the south still apply in "The Unvanquished"? Why or why not?
2. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
3. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
4. Is Aunt Louisa's confrontation of Drusilla's masculinity humorous banter? Why or why not?
5. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
6. Who is the most effective weapon against the Union army? How so?
7. What does Bayard mean when he says that the men of Jefferson are enemies to the women?
8. Are Drusilla and Sartoris' efforts admirable? Why or why not?
9. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
10. How do Bayard and Grumby approach killing differently?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)