|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He's tied to a tree.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He's cold, wet and lost.
(d) He's well fed and well dressed.
2. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
(a) Familiar looking.
3. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She was on the fence.
(b) She didn't know.
(c) She was proud.
(d) She was appalled.
4. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) One month.
(b) Two days.
(c) One year.
(d) One week
5. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) He was raised right.
(b) He has the most money.
(c) All the other men are enlisted.
(d) He's the youngest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
2. What is Grumby's group called?
3. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
4. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
5. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
2. Are Drusilla and Sartoris' efforts admirable? Why or why not?
3. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
4. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
5. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
6. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
7. Does Bayard feel guilty about Granny's death? Should he?
8. Is Aunt Louisa's confrontation of Drusilla's masculinity humorous banter? Why or why not?
9. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
10. After the war, is there peace in the south?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)