|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
2. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
(a) She counts her money several times a day.
(b) She shivers when he enters the room.
(c) She hides her money.
(d) She never talks to him.
3. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She befriends the troops.
(b) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
(c) She never makes the sales deals.
(d) She never visits the same camp twice.
4. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
(a) She doesn't think they're bad people.
(b) They are old friends.
(c) She's desperate.
(d) They will pay her well.
5. What do Bayard and Ringo request from Uncle Buck after Granny's funeral?
(a) A gun.
(c) A place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
2. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
3. How is Bayard able to identify Grumby's house?
4. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
5. What does the gossip about Drusilla develop to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
2. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
3. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
4. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
5. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
6. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
7. What does Bayard mean when he says that the men of Jefferson are enemies to the women?
8. Does Bayard feel guilty about Granny's death? Should he?
9. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
10. Are Drusilla and Sartoris' efforts admirable? Why or why not?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)