|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) She wants to look professional.
(b) She will be less conspicuous.
(c) Ab requested only she go.
(d) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
2. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
(a) Hiding it.
(b) Giving it to needy neighbors.
(c) Buying liquor.
(d) Betting on the war.
3. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
4. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
(a) Jefferson has been destroyed.
(b) Drusilla and John are married.
(c) The war has ended.
(d) A new war has started.
5. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(c) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
2. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
3. The Methodist preacher in town used to be a _______.
4. What is Grumby's group called?
5. How long does the search for Grumby and Ab take?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
2. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
3. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
4. Why do Bayard and Ringo hold Ab responsible for Granny's death?
5. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
6. Who is the most effective weapon against the Union army? How so?
7. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
8. Are Drusilla and Sartoris' efforts admirable? Why or why not?
9. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
10. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)