|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
2. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the arm.
(c) In the foot.
(d) In the leg.
3. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
(a) She was asked to intervene.
(b) She wants to tell her the gossip.
(c) She wants to hear her stories.
(d) She wants to make sure she's not injured.
4. Ringo believes: "The war ain't over. It just _____ good.
5. Why does Bayard kill Grumby?
(a) Grumby killed Granny.
(b) Grumby tried to shoot him.
(c) Grumby will never stop stealing.
(d) Grumby spoke ill of Bayard's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
2. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
3. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
4. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
5. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Bayard feel guilty about Granny's death? Should he?
2. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
3. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
4. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
5. After the war, is there peace in the south?
6. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
7. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
8. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
9. What is the primary reason Bayard was forced to act as an adult in "Vendee"?
10. Why do Bayard and Ringo hold Ab responsible for Granny's death?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)