|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Louisa's final task in setting Drusilla right?
(a) Teaching her to play piano.
(b) Making her marry Sartoris.
(c) Moving her to New York.
(d) Getting her a wig.
2. How does Louisa respond to Drusilla's return home?
(a) She is happy Drusilla is back.
(b) She feels Drusilla has shamed the family.
(c) She wishes Drusilla had been a better soldier.
(d) She wants Drusilla to go north.
3. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
(a) She never talks to him.
(b) She counts her money several times a day.
(c) She hides her money.
(d) She shivers when he enters the room.
4. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
(b) A policeman.
(c) Two election officials.
5. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Hangs it in the middle of town.
(b) Places it on Granny's grave.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Buries it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
2. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
3. What does the gossip about Drusilla develop to?
4. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
5. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
2. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
3. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
4. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
5. After the war, is there peace in the south?
6. Are Drusilla and Sartoris' efforts admirable? Why or why not?
7. Why does Bayard place Grumby on Granny's grave?
8. Do the old social rules of women and men in the south still apply in "The Unvanquished"? Why or why not?
9. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
10. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)