|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ringo, Bayard, and Buck know they are on the right track to findings Grumby and Ab?
(a) They find their supplies strewn.
(b) Ab always heads north.
(c) They find ransacked towns.
(d) They hear rumors in towns.
2. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
3. What does the gossip about Drusilla develop to?
(a) Everyone thinks she's a hero.
(b) Everyone thinks she's married.
(c) Everyone thinks she's a traitor.
(d) Everyone thinks she's pregnant.
4. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(b) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
(c) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(d) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
5. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
(c) Familiar looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the war, where was Benbow?
2. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
3. What occupies all of Sartoris' time since returning from the war?
4. Why are the Burdens in Jefferson?
5. What does Bayard do when he sees Ab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
2. Why does Bayard place Grumby on Granny's grave?
3. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
4. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
5. Why do Bayard and Ringo hold Ab responsible for Granny's death?
6. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
7. How do Bayard and Grumby approach killing differently?
8. What does Bayard mean when he says that the men of Jefferson are enemies to the women?
9. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
10. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)