|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) Ab requested only she go.
(b) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
(c) She wants to look professional.
(d) She will be less conspicuous.
2. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She accuses them back.
(c) She feigns ignorance.
(d) She starts to cry.
3. What do Bayard and Ringo request from Uncle Buck after Granny's funeral?
(b) A place to live.
(c) A gun.
4. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
(b) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(c) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(d) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
5. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
2. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
3. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
4. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
5. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
2. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
3. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
4. Does Bayard feel guilty about Granny's death? Should he?
5. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
6. Who is the most effective weapon against the Union army? How so?
7. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
8. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
9. After the war, is there peace in the south?
10. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)