|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(b) He stay silent until the man leaves.
(c) He explains who they are looking for.
(d) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
2. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
3. The Methodist preacher in town used to be a _______.
(a) Farmer for the Sartoris family.
(b) Confederate private.
(c) Catholic priest.
(d) Union soldier.
4. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
(a) He wants him to go to jail instead.
(b) He doesn't have a gun.
(c) Ab is unarmed.
(d) Killing would be too generous.
5. Where does Sartoris relocate the voting to?
(a) The post office.
(b) The old slave cabins.
(c) The next town.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
2. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
3. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
4. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
5. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Bayard and Ringo hold Ab responsible for Granny's death?
2. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
3. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
4. Who is the most effective weapon against the Union army? How so?
5. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
6. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
7. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
8. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
9. Does Bayard feel guilty about Granny's death? Should he?
10. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)