|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
(a) Forces Drusilla to wear dresses.
(b) Hugs and kisses Drusilla.
(c) Goes to congratulate Bayard.
(d) Start building her own house.
2. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She never makes the sales deals.
(b) She befriends the troops.
(c) She never visits the same camp twice.
(d) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
3. What is Grumby's group called?
(a) The Independents.
(b) The Renegades.
(c) The Night Riders.
(d) The Anarchists.
4. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
(a) To buy her slaves back.
(b) To make a new life after the war.
(c) To bail her cousin out of prison.
(d) To hire a hit man.
5. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) Ab requested only she go.
(b) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
(c) She will be less conspicuous.
(d) She wants to look professional.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
2. Why is Granny disheartened by the conclusion of her scheme?
3. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
4. In the scheme, Bayard and Granny are responsible for what?
5. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
2. Do the old social rules of women and men in the south still apply in "The Unvanquished"? Why or why not?
3. Why does Bayard place Grumby on Granny's grave?
4. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
5. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
6. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
7. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
8. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
9. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
10. What does Bayard mean when he says that the men of Jefferson are enemies to the women?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)