|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gossip about Drusilla develop to?
(a) Everyone thinks she's pregnant.
(b) Everyone thinks she's a hero.
(c) Everyone thinks she's a traitor.
(d) Everyone thinks she's married.
2. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(d) Human relations.
3. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He's cold, wet and lost.
(c) He's well fed and well dressed.
(d) He's tied to a tree.
4. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
(a) They feel bad for her.
(b) They's not worth taking.
(c) They got distracted.
(d) She already gave them to Ringo and Bayard.
5. During the war, where was Benbow?
(a) In Jefferson.
(b) With the Union.
(d) Far south.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
2. What does Bayard do when he sees Ab?
3. Why are the women of Jefferson concerned for Drusilla?
4. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
5. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
2. Is Aunt Louisa's confrontation of Drusilla's masculinity humorous banter? Why or why not?
3. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
4. What is the primary reason Bayard was forced to act as an adult in "Vendee"?
5. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
6. Does Bayard feel guilty about Granny's death? Should he?
7. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
8. How do Bayard and Grumby approach killing differently?
9. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
10. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)