|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bayard and Ringo request from Uncle Buck after Granny's funeral?
(a) A gun.
(d) A place to live.
2. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her good cooking.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her business savviness.
(d) Her cunningness.
3. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) She's sold to this troop before.
(b) The regiment is too close to another.
(c) She's too tired to put up her act.
(d) The mules are not healthy.
4. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
5. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) With a gun.
(b) By fighting them.
(c) By distracting them.
(d) With pleasant words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louisa's final task in setting Drusilla right?
2. Why are the Burdens in Jefferson?
3. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
4. How do the women of Jefferson rearrange the town?
5. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
2. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
3. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
4. What is the primary reason Bayard was forced to act as an adult in "Vendee"?
5. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
6. Who is the most effective weapon against the Union army? How so?
7. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
8. After the war, is there peace in the south?
9. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
10. Why do Bayard and Ringo hold Ab responsible for Granny's death?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)