|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
2. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She didn't know.
(b) She was appalled.
(c) She was on the fence.
(d) She was proud.
3. What is Louisa's final task in setting Drusilla right?
(a) Getting her a wig.
(b) Making her marry Sartoris.
(c) Moving her to New York.
(d) Teaching her to play piano.
4. Why is Granny disheartened by the conclusion of her scheme?
(a) She liked the excitement of crime.
(b) She doesn't like being a wanted woman.
(c) She feels like she let Ab down.
(d) She hasn't saved enough money.
5. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He's tied to a tree.
(c) He's well fed and well dressed.
(d) He's cold, wet and lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
2. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
3. What is Grumby's group called?
4. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
5. Where does Sartoris relocate the voting to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bayard and Grumby approach killing differently?
2. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
3. What does Bayard mean when he says that the men of Jefferson are enemies to the women?
4. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
5. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
6. How does Granny represent the title of the novel?
7. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
8. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
9. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
10. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)