|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
(a) Because Grumby betrayed him.
(b) Because they are wanted men.
(c) Because Bayard offers him money.
(d) Because Grumby is a terrible travel partner.
2. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A baby shower.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A birthday.
3. Why does the stranger tell the group to look for Grumby in Alabama?
(a) To put them off his scent.
(b) The man saw him there a month before.
(c) Grumby has family there.
(d) He's trying to help.
4. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
(a) He runs across the field screaming.
(b) He fires shots at them.
(c) He attempts to arrest them.
(d) He makes noise from the woods.
5. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
(a) He will help Buck get home.
(b) He knows Ab won't come back.
(c) Ab promises him money.
(d) Ab needs medical attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
2. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
3. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
4. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
5. Sartoris is running against Benbow to become _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do the old social rules of women and men in the south still apply in "The Unvanquished"? Why or why not?
2. Who are the victors in "Skirmish at Sartoris"?
3. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
4. What is the purpose of the rainy weather in "Vendee"?
5. After the war, is there peace in the south?
6. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
7. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
8. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
9. What is the climax of "The Unvanquished"? Why?
10. Is Aunt Louisa's confrontation of Drusilla's masculinity humorous banter? Why or why not?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)