|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A Republican.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A child.
(d) A slave.
2. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
3. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
(a) Back in their cabin.
(b) In a vacated shack.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In her wagon.
4. How is Bayard able to identify Grumby's house?
(a) The Union flag in the window.
(b) His horse.
(c) His clothes hanging outside.
(d) His wagon.
5. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She feigns ignorance.
(c) She accuses them back.
(d) She runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
2. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
3. How do the women of Jefferson rearrange the town?
4. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
5. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
2. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
3. Are Drusilla and Sartoris' efforts admirable? Why or why not?
4. Why does Bayard place Grumby on Granny's grave?
5. How does Bayard feel about killing Grumby? Why?
6. What was Granny's motive in stealing and selling mules?
7. What is the primary reason Bayard was forced to act as an adult in "Vendee"?
8. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
9. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
10. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)