|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Drusilla's main goal?
(a) To get married.
(b) To own her own land.
(c) Joining Sartoris' regiment.
(d) To free the slaves.
2. When the Union soldiers arrive at Sartoris' house looking for him, he escapes by pretending to be a deaf _______.
(b) Union soldier.
3. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
(a) Union soldiers.
4. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
(a) Colonel Sartoris.
(b) The Union General.
(c) Colonel Dick.
(d) The Confederate General.
5. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
(a) They will help her safety.
(b) They will return home.
(c) They will also leave her behind.
(d) They may die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
2. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
3. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
4. What does Drusilla tell Granny the Union troops are not letting the slaves do?
5. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Drusilla become more masculine?
2. How is Sartoris a victim to both sides of the war?
3. Why is the Sartoris family fleeing their town?
4. Why is Granny particularly paranoid about the chest of silver in "Retreat"?
5. How have roles been reversed or changed in "Raid"?
6. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
7. How does Uncle Buck manage his slaves? Is this unusual?
8. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
9. How has Bayard matured since "Ambuscade"? What is the cause of this?
10. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)