|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
(a) The floor.
(b) The stove.
(c) A bag of laundry.
(d) A trunk.
2. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(a) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
3. At the beginning of "Retreat," where is the Sartoris family fleeing?
4. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
(a) He's tired of looking.
(b) He respects her resolve.
(c) He believes her story.
(d) He feels bad for intruding.
5. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
(a) They can't.
(b) They vote.
(c) They stage a riot.
(d) They tie him up and leave him behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Granny profits from her meeting with Colonel Dick?
2. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
3. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
4. What is Rosa Miller's relation to Sartoris?
5. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
2. How easy is it to gauge humor in "Retreat"? Why?
3. Are people's loyalties in "Raid" predictable or unpredictable? How?
4. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
5. How have roles been reversed or changed in "Raid"?
6. Why is Granny particularly paranoid about the chest of silver in "Retreat"?
7. Why do the Bayard and Ringo keep an eye on Loosh?
8. How is Sartoris a victim to both sides of the war?
9. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
10. Why does Bayard believe that "we are being set free"?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)