|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ringo asks Bayard who he thinks Granny dreamed about. Bayard says ______.
(a) His father.
(c) A stranger.
2. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The one who they shot at.
(b) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
(c) The ruthless one they heard about.
(d) The one who stole their horses.
3. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) His pretend regiment.
(b) His second.
(c) None of them.
(d) His first.
4. At the beginning of "Raid," where is the Sartoris family forced to live?
(a) In an inn.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In Granny's house.
(d) In the slave quarters.
5. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Granny scold Ringo and Bayard?
2. Granny's wagon is pushed into the river by a "_____" of slaves.
3. What is Drusilla very accomplished in?
4. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
5. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Loosh feel justified in taking the silver?
2. In "Raid," which is more important to people: freedom or personal sentiment? How and why?
3. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
4. Why do Bayard and Ringo shoot at the Union soldiers?
5. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
6. How is the reader's perception of the war in "Raid" different than in prior chapters?
7. Is Ringo more than a slave boy? How is he an equal or still inferior?
8. Is the war being waged violent in Mississippi in "Retreat"?
9. Does Bayard glorify his father? How and why does he regard him the way he does?
10. Why do the Bayard and Ringo keep an eye on Loosh?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)