|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
(a) She pretends to be injured.
(b) She tells him a story about the abusive Confederates.
(c) She tells him the story of her mules being stolen.
(d) She tells a story of her starving grandchildren.
2. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(c) Mason-Dixon line.
3. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(a) A horse.
(c) A wagon.
4. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
(d) Union soldiers.
5. Why does Granny scold Ringo and Bayard?
(a) For coming to her.
(b) For cursing.
(c) For not bathing.
(d) For shooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
2. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
3. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
4. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
5. What is Drusilla very accomplished in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Loosh feel justified in taking the silver?
2. Why is the Sartoris family fleeing their town?
3. How has Bayard matured since "Ambuscade"? What is the cause of this?
4. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
5. How is the reader's perception of the war in "Raid" different than in prior chapters?
6. Why does Granny become relieved at one point when the Union soldiers are searching her house?
7. How does Uncle Buck manage his slaves? Is this unusual?
8. Is the war being waged violent in Mississippi in "Retreat"?
9. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
10. Is Ringo more than a slave boy? How is he an equal or still inferior?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)