|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last time Drusilla saw the railroad, she says it was ______.
(a) A battle ground.
(c) Being rebuilt.
(d) In tact.
2. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
3. Why does Granny scold Ringo and Bayard?
(a) For not bathing.
(b) For shooting.
(c) For cursing.
(d) For coming to her.
4. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
5. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
(a) She tells him a story about the abusive Confederates.
(b) She tells a story of her starving grandchildren.
(c) She tells him the story of her mules being stolen.
(d) She pretends to be injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
2. Loosh argues that he is as just as _______.
3. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
4. What happened at Vicksburg?
5. Why does Sartoris return home at the beginning of "The Unvanquished"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
2. How is the reader's perception of the war in "Raid" different than in prior chapters?
3. Why does Bayard believe that "we are being set free"?
4. Why does Granny become relieved at one point when the Union soldiers are searching her house?
5. In "Raid," which is more important to people: freedom or personal sentiment? How and why?
6. How have roles been reversed or changed in "Raid"?
7. How does "Raid" paint women?
8. Are people's loyalties in "Raid" predictable or unpredictable? How?
9. Why do Bayard and Ringo shoot at the Union soldiers?
10. How empathetic is the Union army in "Raid"?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)