|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
(a) She tells him the story of her mules being stolen.
(b) She pretends to be injured.
(c) She tells a story of her starving grandchildren.
(d) She tells him a story about the abusive Confederates.
2. At the beginning of "Retreat," where is the Sartoris family fleeing?
3. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(c) Mason-Dixon line.
4. How did the Union discover the silver?
(a) Loosh tells them.
(b) They have a sixth sense.
(c) They followed Granny home.
(d) Sartoris tells them.
5. The last time Drusilla saw the railroad, she says it was ______.
(a) A battle ground.
(c) Being rebuilt.
(d) In tact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before bed, with the silver in her room, what does Granny do for the first time ever?
2. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
3. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
4. Why is Drusilla relieved by the war?
5. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
2. Does Bayard glorify his father? How and why does he regard him the way he does?
3. Why is the Sartoris family fleeing their town?
4. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
5. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
6. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
7. Are people's loyalties in "Raid" predictable or unpredictable? How?
8. How does "Raid" paint women?
9. Why is Granny particularly paranoid about the chest of silver in "Retreat"?
10. Is Ringo more than a slave boy? How is he an equal or still inferior?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)