|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her fists.
(d) Her mules.
2. What does the Sartoris family use for ink?
(d) Berry juice.
3. In "Ambuscade" Bayard believes the front lines are in ______.
(b) New York.
4. Ringo is lass of a slave and more of a ______ to Bayard.
5. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Granny hide Ringo and Bayard?
2. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
3. How do the slaves respond to Loosh explaining the Union is coming to free them?
4. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
5. Loosh argues that he is as just as _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How empathetic is the Union army in "Raid"?
2. Why does the Union army burn many plantation houses?
3. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
4. Does Bayard still desire to be like his father? How?
5. Why do Bayard and Ringo hold Ab responsible for Granny's death?
6. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
7. What does verbena symbolize for Bayard?
8. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
9. Do the old social rules of women and men in the south still apply in "The Unvanquished"? Why or why not?
10. Is Drusilla's relationship with Sartoris suspicious? What problem does this present?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)