Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They are winning the war.
(b) They took his silver.
(c) He can't protect his family.
(d) They bribe him to join them.
2. Why is Philadelphy sobbing when Loosh and Granny confront each other?
(a) Because Granny is sad.
(b) Because he doesn't want to leave the farm.
(c) Because she doesn't like confrontation.
(d) Because she knows Loosh is wrong.
3. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
(a) A train wreck.
(b) Mythical gods.
(c) Iron knights.
(d) Dogs and cats.
4. What happened at Vicksburg?
(a) It formed its own nation.
(b) It was overthrown by the Confederates.
(c) Everyone evacuated.
(d) It fell to the Union.
5. Ringo is lass of a slave and more of a ______ to Bayard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
2. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
3. Bayard remarks that, between he and Ringo, skin color and smarts didn't count anymore. What does count, in his eyes?
4. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
5. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the war, is there peace in the south?
2. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
3. What is the primary reason Bayard was forced to act as an adult in "Vendee"?
4. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
5. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
6. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
7. What is the affect of "Vendee" picking up only days after "Reposte in Tertio"?
8. How empathetic is the Union army in "Raid"?
9. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
10. Why do the Bayard and Ringo keep an eye on Loosh?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)