|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ringo asks Bayard who he thinks Granny dreamed about. Bayard says ______.
(b) A stranger.
(c) His father.
2. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They are winning the war.
(b) He can't protect his family.
(c) They bribe him to join them.
(d) They took his silver.
3. While working, Bayard pretends to be who?
(a) A Union soldier.
(b) A professional carpenter.
(c) His father.
(d) One of his father's soldiers.
4. How did the Union discover the silver?
(a) They followed Granny home.
(b) Sartoris tells them.
(c) They have a sixth sense.
(d) Loosh tells them.
5. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(c) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
2. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
3. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
4. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
5. Granny's wagon is pushed into the river by a "_____" of slaves.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Bayard and Ringo shoot at the Union soldiers?
2. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
3. Why is the Sartoris family fleeing their town?
4. How does "Raid" paint women?
5. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
6. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
7. Why does Bayard believe that "we are being set free"?
8. Are slaves able to be free in "Retreat"? Is it true freedom?
9. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting with the army?
10. How has Bayard matured since "Ambuscade"? What is the cause of this?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)