|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
2. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
(a) He lures them away from their camp.
(b) He pretends to have a larger regiment.
(c) The regiment is weak.
(d) He has more weapons.
3. How does Bayard balance his gun?
(a) On his knee.
(b) On a log.
(c) On Ringo's back.
(d) On his arm.
4. What was Granny's disturbing dream at the beginning of "Retreat"?
(a) Someone finds their silver.
(b) Someone burns her house.
(c) The Union wins the war.
(d) Someone takes Bayard.
5. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
(a) More silver.
(b) Three slaves.
(c) Two new horses.
(d) Union prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Drusilla change her appearance after her fiancé and father die?
2. Why is Granny unable to pull herself out of the river?
3. How does Buck decide which slaves he sets free?
4. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
5. What does Granny offer to Colonel Dick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have roles been reversed or changed in "Raid"?
2. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
3. Does Bayard glorify his father? How and why does he regard him the way he does?
4. Why does Bayard believe that "we are being set free"?
5. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
6. Why is Granny particularly paranoid about the chest of silver in "Retreat"?
7. Why does Granny become relieved at one point when the Union soldiers are searching her house?
8. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
9. Why does Loosh feel justified in taking the silver?
10. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)