|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bayard's mother die?
(a) In the war.
(b) A farming accident.
(c) It's still a mystery.
(d) In childbirth.
2. Where does Granny hide Ringo and Bayard?
(a) Under her skirts.
(b) Under the floor.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) On the roof.
3. Why can't Sartoris stay with his mother-in-law?
(a) He can't stand her.
(b) She doesn't have food to feed them all.
(c) There is a new battle.
(d) The Yankees are looking for him.
4. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
(a) A week.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four hours.
5. How does Bayard balance his gun?
(a) On his arm.
(b) On Ringo's back.
(c) On his knee.
(d) On a log.
Short Answer Questions
1. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
2. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
3. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
4. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
5. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the war, is there peace in the south?
2. Are people's loyalties in "Raid" predictable or unpredictable? How?
3. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
4. How easy is it to gauge humor in "Retreat"? Why?
5. Has the war changed Sartoris? How?
6. Does John Sartoris want to marry Drusilla? Why or why not?
7. How has Bayard matured since "Ambuscade"? What is the cause of this?
8. Why isn't Ab Snopes enlisted in the army?
9. How has the war changed Sartoris? How would you explain Sartoris's ways in "An Odor of Verbena"?
10. Why do the Bayard and Ringo keep an eye on Loosh?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)