|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ringo is lass of a slave and more of a ______ to Bayard.
2. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
(a) He lost a poker game.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He was found to be a traitor.
(d) He ran away.
3. Granny's wagon is pushed into the river by a "_____" of slaves.
4. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
(a) The ruthlessness of humanity.
(b) The effects of war.
(c) The fight to survive.
(d) The changing norm of women.
5. Why can't Sartoris stay with his mother-in-law?
(a) There is a new battle.
(b) The Yankees are looking for him.
(c) He can't stand her.
(d) She doesn't have food to feed them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family hiding their silver?
2. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
3. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
4. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
5. Why is Granny unable to pull herself out of the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Uncle Buck manage his slaves? Is this unusual?
2. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
3. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
4. Why has Drusilla become more masculine?
5. Why does Loosh feel justified in taking the silver?
6. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
7. Why is the Sartoris family fleeing their town?
8. Does Bayard glorify his father? How and why does he regard him the way he does?
9. How is the reader's perception of the war in "Raid" different than in prior chapters?
10. Why do Bayard and Ringo shoot at the Union soldiers?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)