|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Loosh sneak off to in the middle of the night?
2. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
(a) The finish line.
(b) The promised land.
(d) The gates of heaven.
3. Why does Granny read recipes to Ringo and Bayard?
(a) To entertain them.
(b) To put them to sleep.
(c) To distract them.
(d) To teach them.
4. Why do many slaves begin betraying their masters?
(a) They get money for information.
(b) They see an opportunity for payback.
(c) The Union promises them freedom for their help.
(d) Because they are fed up.
5. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
(d) "The whole army."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the slaves respond to Loosh explaining the Union is coming to free them?
2. Bayard remarks that, between he and Ringo, skin color and smarts didn't count anymore. What does count, in his eyes?
3. Why do Ringo and Bayard spy on Loosh?
4. Why does Granny pray after the soldiers leave?
5. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
2. Are people's loyalties in "Raid" predictable or unpredictable? How?
3. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting with the army?
4. How does "Raid" paint women?
5. Why is the Sartoris family fleeing their town?
6. Is the war being waged violent in Mississippi in "Retreat"?
7. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
8. Why do the Bayard and Ringo keep an eye on Loosh?
9. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
10. How has Bayard matured since "Ambuscade"? What is the cause of this?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)