|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He helps her cross the river.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He gives her more silver and mules.
(d) He gives her advise.
2. After Granny returns home, where is the silver?
(b) With the Union soldiers.
(c) With the slaves.
(d) In the farmhouse.
3. How do the slaves respond to Loosh explaining the Union is coming to free them?
(a) They kick him out.
(b) They get angry at Loosh.
(c) They hug and kiss him.
(d) They ignore him.
4. What is the main reason Granny profits from her meeting with Colonel Dick?
(a) Colonel Dick is loyal to the South.
(b) He believes she is on his side.
(c) She is sweet and innocent.
(d) He misheard her story.
5. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(a) A horse.
(c) A wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bayard feel about taking orders from this father?
2. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
3. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
4. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
5. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Loosh feel justified in taking the silver?
2. In "Raid," which is more important to people: freedom or personal sentiment? How and why?
3. Why does Bayard believe that "we are being set free"?
4. How is Sartoris a victim to both sides of the war?
5. How empathetic is the Union army in "Raid"?
6. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting with the army?
7. What are the fleeing slaves representing?
8. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
9. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
10. How does Uncle Buck manage his slaves? Is this unusual?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)