|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Union discover the silver?
(a) Loosh tells them.
(b) Sartoris tells them.
(c) They followed Granny home.
(d) They have a sixth sense.
2. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) The Union is coming.
(b) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
(c) They want to appear modest.
(d) It's illegal.
3. Bayard observes that although the war is tragic, he has never experiences such ______.
4. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) None of them.
(b) His first.
(c) His pretend regiment.
(d) His second.
5. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
(a) They ate too much food.
(b) They didn't want to leave.
(c) They were too slow.
(d) They were too noisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the slaves respond to Loosh explaining the Union is coming to free them?
2. What does Granny offer to Colonel Dick?
3. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
4. While working, Bayard pretends to be who?
5. What does Drusilla tell Granny the Union troops are not letting the slaves do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have roles been reversed or changed in "Raid"?
2. Why does Bayard believe that "we are being set free"?
3. Why do the Bayard and Ringo keep an eye on Loosh?
4. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
5. How empathetic is the Union army in "Raid"?
6. Why has Drusilla become more masculine?
7. Does Bayard glorify his father? How and why does he regard him the way he does?
8. How has Bayard matured since "Ambuscade"? What is the cause of this?
9. How easy is it to gauge humor in "Retreat"? Why?
10. How is Sartoris a victim to both sides of the war?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)