|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
(b) A policeman.
(d) Two election officials.
2. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She feigns ignorance.
(d) She accuses them back.
3. How do the women of Jefferson rearrange the town?
(a) They have strict single-sex housing.
(b) They separate blacks and whites.
(c) They expand downtown.
(d) They build the houses in a more northern style.
4. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A Republican.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A child.
(d) A slave.
5. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
(a) He scolds them.
(b) He congratulates them.
(c) He is underwhelmed.
(d) He is jealous he couldn't be there.
6. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her cunningness.
(b) Her good cooking.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her business savviness.
7. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
(a) He knows Ab won't come back.
(b) Ab needs medical attention.
(c) He will help Buck get home.
(d) Ab promises him money.
8. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She was appalled.
(b) She was on the fence.
(c) She didn't know.
(d) She was proud.
9. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
(a) Forces Drusilla to wear dresses.
(b) Start building her own house.
(c) Goes to congratulate Bayard.
(d) Hugs and kisses Drusilla.
10. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
11. What is Louisa's final task in setting Drusilla right?
(a) Teaching her to play piano.
(b) Getting her a wig.
(c) Moving her to New York.
(d) Making her marry Sartoris.
12. In the scheme, Bayard and Granny are responsible for what?
(a) Counting the money.
(b) Presenting the letter to the troops.
(c) Taking care of the mules.
(d) Writing the letters.
13. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
(a) She's a friend of Granny.
(b) She is her sister.
(c) She was Drusilla's nanny.
(d) She is from the same town.
14. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(b) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and wet.
15. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
(b) Familiar looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
2. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
3. Ringo believes: "The war ain't over. It just _____ good.
4. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
5. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)