|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
(a) As a warning.
(b) As a peace offering.
(c) As a sign.
(d) It was an accident.
2. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) One week
(b) One year.
(c) Two days.
(d) One month.
3. What is Grumby's group called?
(a) The Renegades.
(b) The Anarchists.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Night Riders.
4. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
(b) She befriends the troops.
(c) She never visits the same camp twice.
(d) She never makes the sales deals.
5. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
6. What occupies all of Sartoris' time since returning from the war?
(a) Rebuilding his house.
(b) Comforting his son.
(c) Seeing Drusilla.
(d) Finding his lost mules.
7. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
(d) Familiar looking.
8. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the stomach.
9. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
(a) Ab is unarmed.
(b) Killing would be too generous.
(c) He doesn't have a gun.
(d) He wants him to go to jail instead.
10. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
(a) Back in their cabin.
(b) In her wagon.
(c) In a vacated shack.
(d) In the woods.
11. Why does the stranger tell the group to look for Grumby in Alabama?
(a) Grumby has family there.
(b) To put them off his scent.
(c) The man saw him there a month before.
(d) He's trying to help.
12. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her good cooking.
(b) Her cunningness.
(c) Her business savviness.
(d) Her good looks.
13. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) She's sold to this troop before.
(b) She's too tired to put up her act.
(c) The mules are not healthy.
(d) The regiment is too close to another.
14. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
(a) To make a new life after the war.
(b) To buy her slaves back.
(c) To hire a hit man.
(d) To bail her cousin out of prison.
15. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
(b) He explains who they are looking for.
(c) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(d) He stay silent until the man leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
2. During the war, where was Benbow?
3. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
4. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
5. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)