|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
2. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
(a) He attempts to arrest them.
(b) He makes noise from the woods.
(c) He fires shots at them.
(d) He runs across the field screaming.
3. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
(a) Making plans to overthrow the Union.
(b) Rebuilding Sartoris' house.
(c) Needlepoint and laundry.
(d) Cleaning up the town.
4. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
5. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Hangs it in the middle of town.
(c) Places it on Granny's grave.
(d) Burns it.
6. Why can't Buck continue on with the boys?
(a) He is too old and tired.
(b) His wound is too infected.
(c) He's banned from the next town.
(d) He has to take Ab back to town.
7. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She was appalled.
(b) She was proud.
(c) She didn't know.
(d) She was on the fence.
8. Where does Sartoris relocate the voting to?
(a) The old slave cabins.
(b) The post office.
(c) The next town.
(d) His house.
9. How long does the search for Grumby and Ab take?
(a) Three days.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two weeks.
10. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
11. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
(a) He congratulates them.
(b) He scolds them.
(c) He is underwhelmed.
(d) He is jealous he couldn't be there.
12. Why are the women of Jefferson concerned for Drusilla?
(a) They think she's traumatized by the war.
(b) They think she takes too many risks.
(c) They think she's having an affair with Sartoris.
(d) They think she's sick.
13. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He stay silent until the man leaves.
(b) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(c) He explains who they are looking for.
(d) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
14. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(b) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
(c) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(d) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
15. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
(a) She was Drusilla's nanny.
(b) She is her sister.
(c) She is from the same town.
(d) She's a friend of Granny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
2. What occupies all of Sartoris' time since returning from the war?
3. Why are the Burdens in Jefferson?
4. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
5. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)