|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
2. How long does the search for Grumby and Ab take?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
3. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) He's the youngest.
(b) He was raised right.
(c) All the other men are enlisted.
(d) He has the most money.
4. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
(a) It made from a rare tree.
(b) It belonged to a famous Confederate Colonel.
(c) It has secret notes written on it.
(d) It has the official stamp of the Union.
5. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
(a) Because Grumby betrayed him.
(b) Because Bayard offers him money.
(c) Because Grumby is a terrible travel partner.
(d) Because they are wanted men.
6. Why was Louisa letdown by election day?
(a) There was no wedding.
(b) Not many people voted.
(c) Sartoris won.
(d) There wasn't enough excitement.
7. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Places it on Granny's grave.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Hangs it in the middle of town.
8. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) The regiment is too close to another.
(b) She's sold to this troop before.
(c) The mules are not healthy.
(d) She's too tired to put up her act.
9. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
(a) She wants to make sure she's not injured.
(b) She wants to tell her the gossip.
(c) She was asked to intervene.
(d) She wants to hear her stories.
10. In the scheme, Bayard and Granny are responsible for what?
(a) Presenting the letter to the troops.
(b) Counting the money.
(c) Writing the letters.
(d) Taking care of the mules.
11. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(b) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and wet.
12. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
13. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She feigns ignorance.
(c) She accuses them back.
(d) She runs away.
14. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) One month.
(b) Two days.
(c) One year.
(d) One week
15. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
2. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
3. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
4. Ringo believes: "The war ain't over. It just _____ good.
5. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)