|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She never visits the same camp twice.
(b) She never makes the sales deals.
(c) She befriends the troops.
(d) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
2. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
(a) Jefferson has been destroyed.
(b) The war has ended.
(c) Drusilla and John are married.
(d) A new war has started.
3. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) He has the most money.
(b) He's the youngest.
(c) He was raised right.
(d) All the other men are enlisted.
4. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
(a) They's not worth taking.
(b) They feel bad for her.
(c) She already gave them to Ringo and Bayard.
(d) They got distracted.
5. What does Bayard do when he sees Ab?
(a) He beats him.
(b) He calls for the police.
(c) He spits on him.
(d) He sets him free.
6. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
(a) A policeman.
(b) Two election officials.
7. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
8. What do Bayard and Ringo request from Uncle Buck after Granny's funeral?
(b) A place to live.
(d) A gun.
9. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He's cold, wet and lost.
(c) He's tied to a tree.
(d) He's well fed and well dressed.
10. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
11. How do the women of Jefferson rearrange the town?
(a) They expand downtown.
(b) They build the houses in a more northern style.
(c) They have strict single-sex housing.
(d) They separate blacks and whites.
12. How is Bayard able to identify Grumby's house?
(a) The Union flag in the window.
(b) His wagon.
(c) His horse.
(d) His clothes hanging outside.
13. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Hangs it in the middle of town.
(d) Places it on Granny's grave.
14. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
(a) As a warning.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) As a peace offering.
(d) As a sign.
15. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
2. What is Grumby's group called?
3. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
4. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
5. Why are the women of Jefferson concerned for Drusilla?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)