|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) By distracting them.
(b) With pleasant words.
(c) With a gun.
(d) By fighting them.
2. How do the women of Jefferson rearrange the town?
(a) They build the houses in a more northern style.
(b) They have strict single-sex housing.
(c) They separate blacks and whites.
(d) They expand downtown.
3. Why was Louisa letdown by election day?
(a) There was no wedding.
(b) There wasn't enough excitement.
(c) Sartoris won.
(d) Not many people voted.
4. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He's tied to a tree.
(b) He's well fed and well dressed.
(c) He's cold, wet and lost.
(d) He is very ill.
5. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
(a) Buying liquor.
(b) Betting on the war.
(c) Hiding it.
(d) Giving it to needy neighbors.
6. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(d) Human relations.
7. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She feigns ignorance.
(b) She accuses them back.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) She runs away.
8. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) Two days.
(b) One week
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
9. Why can't Buck continue on with the boys?
(a) His wound is too infected.
(b) He's banned from the next town.
(c) He has to take Ab back to town.
(d) He is too old and tired.
10. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
(b) A policeman.
(d) Two election officials.
11. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
(a) Sartoris fixed the election.
(b) Sartoris won sixty percent of the votes.
(c) He beat him by one vote.
(d) He won all the votes.
12. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
(a) She doesn't think they're bad people.
(b) She's desperate.
(c) They are old friends.
(d) They will pay her well.
13. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A baby shower.
14. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
15. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
(a) He scolds them.
(b) He is underwhelmed.
(c) He congratulates them.
(d) He is jealous he couldn't be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
2. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
3. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
4. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
5. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)