|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grumby's group called?
(a) The Renegades.
(b) The Night Riders.
(c) The Independents.
(d) The Anarchists.
2. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) One year.
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) One week
3. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
(a) A birthday.
(b) A baby shower.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
4. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
5. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her business savviness.
(b) Her cunningness.
(c) Her good cooking.
(d) Her good looks.
6. How is Bayard able to identify Grumby's house?
(a) The Union flag in the window.
(b) His horse.
(c) His wagon.
(d) His clothes hanging outside.
7. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
(a) He is jealous he couldn't be there.
(b) He scolds them.
(c) He is underwhelmed.
(d) He congratulates them.
8. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Hangs it in the middle of town.
(b) Places it on Granny's grave.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Burns it.
9. Why does the stranger tell the group to look for Grumby in Alabama?
(a) He's trying to help.
(b) Grumby has family there.
(c) To put them off his scent.
(d) The man saw him there a month before.
10. Why was Louisa letdown by election day?
(a) Sartoris won.
(b) Not many people voted.
(c) There wasn't enough excitement.
(d) There was no wedding.
11. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the leg.
(c) In the foot.
(d) In the stomach.
12. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
13. When does Bayard see Drusilla after Louisa arrives?
(a) Only when he's in town.
(b) Only at mealtimes.
(d) All day, every day.
14. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(c) Human relations.
15. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A Republican.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A child.
(d) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
2. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
3. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
4. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
5. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)