|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
(a) As a peace offering.
(b) As a sign.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) As a warning.
2. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
(a) Further south.
(d) By the creek.
3. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her cunningness.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her business savviness.
(d) Her good cooking.
4. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(a) Cold and wet.
(b) Hot and humid.
5. How do Ringo, Bayard, and Buck know they are on the right track to findings Grumby and Ab?
(a) They hear rumors in towns.
(b) They find their supplies strewn.
(c) They find ransacked towns.
(d) Ab always heads north.
6. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
(a) In a vacated shack.
(b) Back in their cabin.
(c) In her wagon.
(d) In the woods.
7. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A child.
(b) A slave.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A Republican.
8. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
(a) Betting on the war.
(b) Buying liquor.
(c) Hiding it.
(d) Giving it to needy neighbors.
9. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
(a) They've heard rumors.
(b) He's untrustworthy.
(c) He acts suspicious.
(d) He's a man.
10. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
11. How do the women of Jefferson rearrange the town?
(a) They build the houses in a more northern style.
(b) They have strict single-sex housing.
(c) They expand downtown.
(d) They separate blacks and whites.
12. How is Bayard able to identify Grumby's house?
(a) His horse.
(b) His clothes hanging outside.
(c) The Union flag in the window.
(d) His wagon.
13. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
(a) She's desperate.
(b) They will pay her well.
(c) She doesn't think they're bad people.
(d) They are old friends.
14. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) The regiment is too close to another.
(b) She's sold to this troop before.
(c) She's too tired to put up her act.
(d) The mules are not healthy.
15. What do Bayard and Ringo request from Uncle Buck after Granny's funeral?
(a) A gun.
(d) A place to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
2. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
3. Why was Louisa letdown by election day?
4. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
5. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)