|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) With pleasant words.
(b) With a gun.
(c) By distracting them.
(d) By fighting them.
2. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
(a) It was an accident.
(b) As a warning.
(c) As a sign.
(d) As a peace offering.
3. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) She's sold to this troop before.
(b) She's too tired to put up her act.
(c) The mules are not healthy.
(d) The regiment is too close to another.
4. Ringo believes: "The war ain't over. It just _____ good.
5. Where does Sartoris relocate the voting to?
(a) The old slave cabins.
(b) The next town.
(c) His house.
(d) The post office.
6. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Places it on Granny's grave.
(d) Hangs it in the middle of town.
7. During the war, where was Benbow?
(a) Far south.
(c) In Jefferson.
(d) With the Union.
8. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(b) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
(c) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(d) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
9. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
10. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
(a) He's a man.
(b) He's untrustworthy.
(c) He acts suspicious.
(d) They've heard rumors.
11. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
(b) She never visits the same camp twice.
(c) She never makes the sales deals.
(d) She befriends the troops.
12. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
(a) He wants him to go to jail instead.
(b) Ab is unarmed.
(c) He doesn't have a gun.
(d) Killing would be too generous.
13. What does Bayard do when he sees Ab?
(a) He calls for the police.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He sets him free.
(d) He spits on him.
14. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
(a) She is from the same town.
(b) She is her sister.
(c) She's a friend of Granny.
(d) She was Drusilla's nanny.
15. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She feigns ignorance.
(d) She accuses them back.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Buck continue on with the boys?
2. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
3. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
4. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
5. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)