|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, where was Benbow?
(b) Far south.
(c) In Jefferson.
(d) With the Union.
2. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
(a) He makes noise from the woods.
(b) He attempts to arrest them.
(c) He fires shots at them.
(d) He runs across the field screaming.
3. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She never visits the same camp twice.
(b) She never makes the sales deals.
(c) She befriends the troops.
(d) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
4. What does Bayard do when he sees Ab?
(a) He sets him free.
(b) He spits on him.
(c) He calls for the police.
(d) He beats him.
5. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
(a) Buying liquor.
(b) Giving it to needy neighbors.
(c) Betting on the war.
(d) Hiding it.
6. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) She's too tired to put up her act.
(b) The mules are not healthy.
(c) She's sold to this troop before.
(d) The regiment is too close to another.
7. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
(a) Further south.
(b) By the creek.
8. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
(a) As a warning.
(b) As a peace offering.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) As a sign.
9. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
(a) They've heard rumors.
(b) He's a man.
(c) He's untrustworthy.
(d) He acts suspicious.
10. Ringo believes: "The war ain't over. It just _____ good.
11. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
(a) They got distracted.
(b) They feel bad for her.
(c) They's not worth taking.
(d) She already gave them to Ringo and Bayard.
12. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He explains who they are looking for.
(b) He stay silent until the man leaves.
(c) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(d) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
13. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) Two days.
(b) One week
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
14. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(a) Human relations.
15. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
(a) Making plans to overthrow the Union.
(b) Needlepoint and laundry.
(c) Cleaning up the town.
(d) Rebuilding Sartoris' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
2. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
3. In the scheme, Bayard and Granny are responsible for what?
4. Sartoris is running against Benbow to become _______.
5. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)