|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sartoris relocate the voting to?
(a) The old slave cabins.
(b) His house.
(c) The next town.
(d) The post office.
2. How does Louisa respond to Drusilla's return home?
(a) She is happy Drusilla is back.
(b) She wishes Drusilla had been a better soldier.
(c) She wants Drusilla to go north.
(d) She feels Drusilla has shamed the family.
3. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) He was raised right.
(b) He has the most money.
(c) All the other men are enlisted.
(d) He's the youngest.
4. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He's well fed and well dressed.
(b) He's tied to a tree.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He's cold, wet and lost.
5. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
6. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
(a) He acts suspicious.
(b) He's untrustworthy.
(c) They've heard rumors.
(d) He's a man.
7. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
(a) Sartoris won sixty percent of the votes.
(b) He won all the votes.
(c) He beat him by one vote.
(d) Sartoris fixed the election.
8. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her business savviness.
(b) Her cunningness.
(c) Her good cooking.
(d) Her good looks.
9. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
(a) Rebuilding Sartoris' house.
(b) Needlepoint and laundry.
(c) Cleaning up the town.
(d) Making plans to overthrow the Union.
10. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(a) Cold and wet.
(c) Hot and humid.
11. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) She wants to look professional.
(b) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
(c) Ab requested only she go.
(d) She will be less conspicuous.
12. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(b) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(c) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
(d) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
13. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
(a) In the arm.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the stomach.
14. Why does the stranger tell the group to look for Grumby in Alabama?
(a) He's trying to help.
(b) The man saw him there a month before.
(c) To put them off his scent.
(d) Grumby has family there.
15. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
(a) They are old friends.
(b) She's desperate.
(c) She doesn't think they're bad people.
(d) They will pay her well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gossip about Drusilla develop to?
2. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
3. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
4. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
5. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)