|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) He has the most money.
(b) All the other men are enlisted.
(c) He was raised right.
(d) He's the youngest.
2. How long does the search for Grumby and Ab take?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
3. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) One year.
(b) One week
(c) Two days.
(d) One month.
4. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
5. Why are the Burdens in Jefferson?
(a) To organize former slaves for the Republican Party.
(b) To fix the election.
(c) To make a profit off the devastation.
(d) To keep an eye on Sartoris.
6. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
(a) He doesn't have a gun.
(b) Killing would be too generous.
(c) Ab is unarmed.
(d) He wants him to go to jail instead.
7. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
(a) The mules are not healthy.
(b) The regiment is too close to another.
(c) She's sold to this troop before.
(d) She's too tired to put up her act.
8. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
9. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
(a) She wants to tell her the gossip.
(b) She wants to make sure she's not injured.
(c) She was asked to intervene.
(d) She wants to hear her stories.
10. Why does Bayard kill Grumby?
(a) Grumby will never stop stealing.
(b) Grumby tried to shoot him.
(c) Grumby killed Granny.
(d) Grumby spoke ill of Bayard's mother.
11. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(c) Human relations.
12. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(b) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and wet.
13. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She starts to cry.
(c) She accuses them back.
(d) She feigns ignorance.
14. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In her wagon.
(c) In a vacated shack.
(d) Back in their cabin.
15. What is Louisa's final task in setting Drusilla right?
(a) Making her marry Sartoris.
(b) Getting her a wig.
(c) Moving her to New York.
(d) Teaching her to play piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
2. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
3. What do Bayard and Ringo request from Uncle Buck after Granny's funeral?
4. Why can't Buck continue on with the boys?
5. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)