|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
2. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
3. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
(a) Further south.
(d) By the creek.
4. Why does Bayard kill Grumby?
(a) Grumby killed Granny.
(b) Grumby tried to shoot him.
(c) Grumby spoke ill of Bayard's mother.
(d) Grumby will never stop stealing.
5. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
(a) Two election officials.
(b) A policeman.
6. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
(a) Because Grumby is a terrible travel partner.
(b) Because Bayard offers him money.
(c) Because Grumby betrayed him.
(d) Because they are wanted men.
7. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
(a) He congratulates them.
(b) He is jealous he couldn't be there.
(c) He is underwhelmed.
(d) He scolds them.
8. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
(a) She wants to make sure she's not injured.
(b) She wants to tell her the gossip.
(c) She wants to hear her stories.
(d) She was asked to intervene.
9. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She didn't know.
(b) She was appalled.
(c) She was on the fence.
(d) She was proud.
10. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She never visits the same camp twice.
(b) She never makes the sales deals.
(c) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
(d) She befriends the troops.
11. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(a) Cold and wet.
(c) Hot and humid.
12. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
(a) They've heard rumors.
(b) He's a man.
(c) He's untrustworthy.
(d) He acts suspicious.
13. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(b) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
(c) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(d) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
14. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A baby shower.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A funeral.
15. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) Two days.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One week
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
2. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
3. How does Louisa respond to Drusilla's return home?
4. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
5. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)