|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
(a) Cleaning up the town.
(b) Rebuilding Sartoris' house.
(c) Needlepoint and laundry.
(d) Making plans to overthrow the Union.
2. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
(a) In the leg.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the stomach.
3. Why is Ab the best available man in town?
(a) All the other men are enlisted.
(b) He has the most money.
(c) He's the youngest.
(d) He was raised right.
4. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She never makes the sales deals.
(b) She befriends the troops.
(c) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
(d) She never visits the same camp twice.
5. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
(a) In a vacated shack.
(b) In her wagon.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Back in their cabin.
6. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
(a) She was asked to intervene.
(b) She wants to tell her the gossip.
(c) She wants to make sure she's not injured.
(d) She wants to hear her stories.
7. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(a) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and wet.
8. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
(a) Sartoris fixed the election.
(b) He won all the votes.
(c) Sartoris won sixty percent of the votes.
(d) He beat him by one vote.
9. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her good cooking.
(b) Her cunningness.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her business savviness.
10. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With pleasant words.
(c) By distracting them.
(d) By fighting them.
11. Why does Bayard kill Grumby?
(a) Grumby killed Granny.
(b) Grumby spoke ill of Bayard's mother.
(c) Grumby tried to shoot him.
(d) Grumby will never stop stealing.
12. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
13. What has Granny been doing with much of her earnings from their scheme?
(a) Buying liquor.
(b) Giving it to needy neighbors.
(c) Hiding it.
(d) Betting on the war.
14. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
(a) He's untrustworthy.
(b) He acts suspicious.
(c) He's a man.
(d) They've heard rumors.
15. Why does the stranger tell the group to look for Grumby in Alabama?
(a) Grumby has family there.
(b) The man saw him there a month before.
(c) He's trying to help.
(d) To put them off his scent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
2. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
3. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
4. Why is Granny hesitant about the last scheme?
5. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)