|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
(a) Goes to congratulate Bayard.
(b) Forces Drusilla to wear dresses.
(c) Hugs and kisses Drusilla.
(d) Start building her own house.
2. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
(a) Jefferson has been destroyed.
(b) The war has ended.
(c) A new war has started.
(d) Drusilla and John are married.
3. How does Granny respond to the soldier's accusations about her scheme?
(a) She starts to cry.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She accuses them back.
(d) She feigns ignorance.
4. Why does Bayard kill Grumby?
(a) Grumby killed Granny.
(b) Grumby will never stop stealing.
(c) Grumby spoke ill of Bayard's mother.
(d) Grumby tried to shoot him.
5. When does Bayard see Drusilla after Louisa arrives?
(a) Only when he's in town.
(c) All day, every day.
(d) Only at mealtimes.
6. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
(a) He knows Ab won't come back.
(b) He will help Buck get home.
(c) Ab needs medical attention.
(d) Ab promises him money.
7. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(b) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
(c) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(d) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
8. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
9. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) By fighting them.
(b) With a gun.
(c) By distracting them.
(d) With pleasant words.
10. How do Ringo, Bayard, and Buck know they are on the right track to findings Grumby and Ab?
(a) They find their supplies strewn.
(b) Ab always heads north.
(c) They find ransacked towns.
(d) They hear rumors in towns.
11. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Hangs it in the middle of town.
(b) Buries it.
(c) Places it on Granny's grave.
(d) Burns it.
12. The Methodist preacher in town used to be a _______.
(a) Union soldier.
(b) Catholic priest.
(c) Confederate private.
(d) Farmer for the Sartoris family.
13. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(b) He explains who they are looking for.
(c) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
(d) He stay silent until the man leaves.
14. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
15. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
(a) She's desperate.
(b) She doesn't think they're bad people.
(c) They are old friends.
(d) They will pay her well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Buck continue on with the boys?
2. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
3. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
4. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
5. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)