|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the stranger tell the group to look for Grumby in Alabama?
(a) To put them off his scent.
(b) He's trying to help.
(c) Grumby has family there.
(d) The man saw him there a month before.
2. What makes it clear that Granny doesn't trust Ab?
(a) She hides her money.
(b) She counts her money several times a day.
(c) She never talks to him.
(d) She shivers when he enters the room.
3. Why does Bayard kill Grumby?
(a) Grumby killed Granny.
(b) Grumby will never stop stealing.
(c) Grumby spoke ill of Bayard's mother.
(d) Grumby tried to shoot him.
4. When does Bayard see Drusilla after Louisa arrives?
(a) All day, every day.
(b) Only at mealtimes.
(c) Only when he's in town.
5. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) One week
(b) One month.
(c) Two days.
(d) One year.
6. During the war, where was Benbow?
(a) With the Union.
(b) Far south.
(d) In Jefferson.
7. Where do Bayard and Ringo find Granny's body?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In her wagon.
(c) In a vacated shack.
(d) Back in their cabin.
8. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
(a) To hire a hit man.
(b) To bail her cousin out of prison.
(c) To make a new life after the war.
(d) To buy her slaves back.
9. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
(a) Rebuilding Sartoris' house.
(b) Cleaning up the town.
(c) Needlepoint and laundry.
(d) Making plans to overthrow the Union.
10. How does Buck receive the story of Bayard and Ringo's journey?
(a) He congratulates them.
(b) He is jealous he couldn't be there.
(c) He is underwhelmed.
(d) He scolds them.
11. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(a) Human relations.
12. How is Bayard able to identify Grumby's house?
(a) His clothes hanging outside.
(b) His horse.
(c) His wagon.
(d) The Union flag in the window.
13. Where does Sartoris relocate the voting to?
(a) The next town.
(b) His house.
(c) The old slave cabins.
(d) The post office.
14. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
(a) Ab promises him money.
(b) He knows Ab won't come back.
(c) He will help Buck get home.
(d) Ab needs medical attention.
15. What does the gossip about Drusilla develop to?
(a) Everyone thinks she's a traitor.
(b) Everyone thinks she's a hero.
(c) Everyone thinks she's married.
(d) Everyone thinks she's pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
2. How does Ringo distract the troops who corner Granny?
3. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
4. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
5. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)