|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He stay silent until the man leaves.
(b) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
(c) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(d) He explains who they are looking for.
2. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
(a) It has the official stamp of the Union.
(b) It has secret notes written on it.
(c) It belonged to a famous Confederate Colonel.
(d) It made from a rare tree.
3. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
(b) Familiar looking.
4. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
(a) Because they are wanted men.
(b) Because Grumby betrayed him.
(c) Because Grumby is a terrible travel partner.
(d) Because Bayard offers him money.
5. Why is Granny disheartened by the conclusion of her scheme?
(a) She feels like she let Ab down.
(b) She liked the excitement of crime.
(c) She hasn't saved enough money.
(d) She doesn't like being a wanted woman.
6. What is Louisa's final task in setting Drusilla right?
(a) Moving her to New York.
(b) Getting her a wig.
(c) Making her marry Sartoris.
(d) Teaching her to play piano.
7. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
(a) She wants to tell her the gossip.
(b) She wants to hear her stories.
(c) She was asked to intervene.
(d) She wants to make sure she's not injured.
8. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(d) Human relations.
9. Who does Sartoris shoot in the town hall?
(b) Two election officials.
(c) A policeman.
10. Bayard becomes concerned about his father's ______ visits to town.
11. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She was proud.
(b) She was on the fence.
(c) She was appalled.
(d) She didn't know.
12. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
13. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A slave.
(b) A child.
(c) A Republican.
(d) The mayor.
14. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She never makes the sales deals.
(b) She befriends the troops.
(c) She never visits the same camp twice.
(d) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
15. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) She will be less conspicuous.
(b) Ab requested only she go.
(c) She wants to look professional.
(d) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
2. When does Bayard see Drusilla after Louisa arrives?
3. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
4. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
5. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)