|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Granny disheartened by the conclusion of her scheme?
(a) She feels like she let Ab down.
(b) She hasn't saved enough money.
(c) She doesn't like being a wanted woman.
(d) She liked the excitement of crime.
2. Why do the Sartoris' have reservations about Ab?
(a) He's a man.
(b) They've heard rumors.
(c) He acts suspicious.
(d) He's untrustworthy.
3. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
(a) He will help Buck get home.
(b) Ab promises him money.
(c) He knows Ab won't come back.
(d) Ab needs medical attention.
4. How do the women of Jefferson rearrange the town?
(a) They expand downtown.
(b) They separate blacks and whites.
(c) They have strict single-sex housing.
(d) They build the houses in a more northern style.
5. What is Grumby's group called?
(a) The Independents.
(b) The Anarchists.
(c) The Renegades.
(d) The Night Riders.
6. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She didn't know.
(b) She was on the fence.
(c) She was appalled.
(d) She was proud.
7. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
(a) She's desperate.
(b) She doesn't think they're bad people.
(c) They will pay her well.
(d) They are old friends.
8. Why was Louisa letdown by election day?
(a) There wasn't enough excitement.
(b) Sartoris won.
(c) Not many people voted.
(d) There was no wedding.
9. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) By distracting them.
(b) With pleasant words.
(c) By fighting them.
(d) With a gun.
10. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
11. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He stay silent until the man leaves.
(b) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(c) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
(d) He explains who they are looking for.
12. What occupies all of Sartoris' time since returning from the war?
(a) Finding his lost mules.
(b) Rebuilding his house.
(c) Seeing Drusilla.
(d) Comforting his son.
13. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
(a) Sartoris fixed the election.
(b) He won all the votes.
(c) He beat him by one vote.
(d) Sartoris won sixty percent of the votes.
14. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
(a) Making plans to overthrow the Union.
(b) Cleaning up the town.
(c) Rebuilding Sartoris' house.
(d) Needlepoint and laundry.
15. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(b) Hot and humid.
(d) Cold and wet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
2. Ringo believes: "The war ain't over. It just _____ good.
3. Drusilla complains: "I went to war to hunt Yankees, not hunting ______."
4. While camping, a _______ stranger arrives.
5. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)