|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war, where was Benbow?
(b) In Jefferson.
(c) Far south.
(d) With the Union.
2. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
(b) He explains who they are looking for.
(c) He stay silent until the man leaves.
(d) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
3. Why is Granny disheartened by the conclusion of her scheme?
(a) She liked the excitement of crime.
(b) She doesn't like being a wanted woman.
(c) She feels like she let Ab down.
(d) She hasn't saved enough money.
4. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Places it on Granny's grave.
(d) Hangs it in the middle of town.
5. When Granny leaves, Bayard ______ himself for letting Granny go to see Grumby alone.
6. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(a) Human relations.
7. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) The mayor.
(b) A Republican.
(c) A slave.
(d) A child.
8. What was also supposed to happen on election day?
(a) A birthday.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A baby shower.
(d) A funeral.
9. Why does Bayard kill Grumby?
(a) Grumby will never stop stealing.
(b) Grumby spoke ill of Bayard's mother.
(c) Grumby tried to shoot him.
(d) Grumby killed Granny.
10. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
11. Why does Bayard set Ab free?
(a) Ab promises him money.
(b) He will help Buck get home.
(c) He knows Ab won't come back.
(d) Ab needs medical attention.
12. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
(a) By distracting them.
(b) With a gun.
(c) By fighting them.
(d) With pleasant words.
13. What does Bayard do when he sees Ab?
(a) He spits on him.
(b) He beats him.
(c) He sets him free.
(d) He calls for the police.
14. How does Louisa respond to Drusilla's return home?
(a) She wishes Drusilla had been a better soldier.
(b) She feels Drusilla has shamed the family.
(c) She wants Drusilla to go north.
(d) She is happy Drusilla is back.
15. How much did Sartoris beat Benbow by in the election?
(a) Sartoris fixed the election.
(b) Sartoris won sixty percent of the votes.
(c) He beat him by one vote.
(d) He won all the votes.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
2. Why does Granny agree to do business with Grumby?
3. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
4. Sartoris is running against Benbow to become _______.
5. What occupies all of Sartoris' time since returning from the war?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)