|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the search for Grumby and Ab take?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) One year.
2. What is special about the paper Ringo acquires for Granny?
(a) It has secret notes written on it.
(b) It has the official stamp of the Union.
(c) It made from a rare tree.
(d) It belonged to a famous Confederate Colonel.
3. What does Aunt Louisa do when she arrives in Jefferson?
(a) Forces Drusilla to wear dresses.
(b) Hugs and kisses Drusilla.
(c) Goes to congratulate Bayard.
(d) Start building her own house.
4. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
5. How does Louisa respond to Drusilla's return home?
(a) She feels Drusilla has shamed the family.
(b) She wants Drusilla to go north.
(c) She wishes Drusilla had been a better soldier.
(d) She is happy Drusilla is back.
6. Why doesn't Bayard kill Ab?
(a) Killing would be too generous.
(b) He doesn't have a gun.
(c) Ab is unarmed.
(d) He wants him to go to jail instead.
7. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
8. ]Why don't the Union soldiers take Granny's mules?
(a) They's not worth taking.
(b) She already gave them to Ringo and Bayard.
(c) They feel bad for her.
(d) They got distracted.
9. The travel of findings Grumby and Ab is ______.
(b) Cold and wet.
(c) Hot and humid.
10. What does Ab tell Granny he admires about her?
(a) Her business savviness.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her cunningness.
(d) Her good cooking.
11. How does Granny try to ensure not being caught by the Union in her scheme?
(a) She never visits the same camp twice.
(b) She never makes the sales deals.
(c) She makes herself seem older and ignorant.
(d) She befriends the troops.
12. Why are the Burdens in Jefferson?
(a) To make a profit off the devastation.
(b) To keep an eye on Sartoris.
(c) To organize former slaves for the Republican Party.
(d) To fix the election.
13. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
(a) She is her sister.
(b) She's a friend of Granny.
(c) She is from the same town.
(d) She was Drusilla's nanny.
14. Why does Granny go to see Grumby alone?
(a) She wants to look professional.
(b) Ab requested only she go.
(c) She will be less conspicuous.
(d) She doesn't believe they would hurt her.
15. In the scheme, Bayard and Granny are responsible for what?
(a) Counting the money.
(b) Presenting the letter to the troops.
(c) Writing the letters.
(d) Taking care of the mules.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Grumby try to disarm Bayard and Ringo?
2. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
3. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
4. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
5. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)