|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
(a) As a sign.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) As a warning.
(d) As a peace offering.
2. Why is the stranger willing to give up Grumby?
(a) Because Bayard offers him money.
(b) Because Grumby betrayed him.
(c) Because they are wanted men.
(d) Because Grumby is a terrible travel partner.
3. In the scheme, Ab is in charge of ______.
(d) Human relations.
4. How do Ringo, Bayard, and Buck know they are on the right track to findings Grumby and Ab?
(a) Ab always heads north.
(b) They find their supplies strewn.
(c) They hear rumors in towns.
(d) They find ransacked towns.
5. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
(a) A slave.
(b) A Republican.
(c) A child.
(d) The mayor.
6. Sartoris is running against Benbow to become _______.
(c) Town representative.
7. Where do Bayard, Ringo and Buck decide to search for Ab and Grumby?
(a) Further south.
(c) By the creek.
8. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
(a) One week
(b) Two days.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
9. Where does the stranger shoot Buck?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the foot.
(c) In the arm.
(d) In the leg.
10. What has changed since the boys went looking for Grumby and Ab?
(a) Drusilla and John are married.
(b) Jefferson has been destroyed.
(c) A new war has started.
(d) The war has ended.
11. Where does Sartoris relocate the voting to?
(a) The post office.
(b) The next town.
(c) His house.
(d) The old slave cabins.
12. What occupies all of Sartoris' time since returning from the war?
(a) Comforting his son.
(b) Rebuilding his house.
(c) Finding his lost mules.
(d) Seeing Drusilla.
13. What does Bayard see in Ab's eyes when he talks to him?
14. When does Bayard see Drusilla after Louisa arrives?
(a) Only when he's in town.
(b) Only at mealtimes.
(c) All day, every day.
15. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
(a) He sees Ab sneaking off at night.
(b) Granny has less money than Ab says.
(c) There is something suspicious about the way Ab looks at him.
(d) Many of Ab's friends are known criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the women of Jefferson concerned for Drusilla?
2. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
3. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
4. Ab tells Bayard that Granny has accumulated ________ from the scheme.
5. What does Bayard do with Grumby's body?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)