|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Granny unable to pull herself out of the river?
(a) She's going down stream.
(b) She's weak
(c) She's lazy.
(d) She's fainted.
2. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She curses them.
(c) She shoots at them.
(d) She is indifferent.
3. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
4. How does Drusilla change her appearance after her fiancé and father die?
(a) She dresses like a man.
(b) She dresses all in black.
(c) She dresses more feminine.
(d) She dresses provocatively.
5. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He helps her cross the river.
(b) He gives her advise.
(c) He gives her more silver and mules.
(d) He hugs her.
6. Before bed, with the silver in her room, what does Granny do for the first time ever?
(a) Turns her light off.
(b) Locks her door.
(d) Tells Bayard a story.
7. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
8. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
(a) Three slaves.
(b) Union prisoners.
(c) More silver.
(d) Two new horses.
9. How did the Union discover the silver?
(a) They have a sixth sense.
(b) They followed Granny home.
(c) Sartoris tells them.
(d) Loosh tells them.
10. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
(a) A gun.
(b) Her fists.
(c) Her mules.
(d) An umbrella.
11. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
(a) They think the Union will find her.
(b) They want her to bring something back for them.
(c) They think she's up to no good.
(d) They want her to wait for Sartoris.
12. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(a) A wagon.
(c) A horse.
13. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
(a) They ate too much food.
(b) They were too slow.
(c) They didn't want to leave.
(d) They were too noisy.
14. Why does Granny pray after the soldiers leave?
(a) To ask that they don't come back looking.
(b) To ask for forgiveness for the boys shooting.
(c) To ask for the safe return of her son.
(d) To ask for forgiveness for lying.
15. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
2. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
3. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
4. What happened at Vicksburg?
5. Why is the family hiding their silver?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)