|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Union soldiers arrive at Sartoris' house looking for him, he escapes by pretending to be a deaf _______.
(b) Union soldier.
2. The last time Drusilla saw the railroad, she says it was ______.
(a) In tact.
(b) A battle ground.
(d) Being rebuilt.
3. "Retreat" begins ______ after the conclusion of "Ambuscade."
(a) Two days.
(b) One year.
(c) A week.
(d) Six months.
4. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
(a) More silver.
(b) Three slaves.
(c) Union prisoners.
(d) Two new horses.
5. Why does Granny read recipes to Ringo and Bayard?
(a) To teach them.
(b) To distract them.
(c) To entertain them.
(d) To put them to sleep.
6. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
7. In "Ambuscade" Bayard believes the front lines are in ______.
(a) New York.
8. After Granny returns home, where is the silver?
(a) In the farmhouse.
(b) With the Union soldiers.
(c) With the slaves.
9. Which soldier does Bayard shoot at?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The biggest and strongest.
(c) The first one he sees.
(d) The oldest.
10. While working, Bayard pretends to be who?
(a) A professional carpenter.
(b) One of his father's soldiers.
(c) A Union soldier.
(d) His father.
11. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) None of them.
(b) His first.
(c) His second.
(d) His pretend regiment.
12. Why do Ringo and Bayard spy on Loosh?
(a) They think he knows something.
(b) They think he's stealing.
(c) They are playing a game.
(d) They find his movements interesting.
13. While discussing Sartoris, Uncle Buck shouts loud ______.
14. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
(a) The promised land.
(c) The gates of heaven.
(d) The finish line.
15. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
2. Why do many slaves begin betraying their masters?
3. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
4. Why is Drusilla relieved by the war?
5. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)