|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened at Vicksburg?
(a) It was overthrown by the Confederates.
(b) Everyone evacuated.
(c) It formed its own nation.
(d) It fell to the Union.
2. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
(a) They will help her safety.
(b) They will also leave her behind.
(c) They will return home.
(d) They may die.
3. What is Rosa Miller's relation to Sartoris?
(a) She is his mother.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his mother-in-law.
(d) She is his employee.
4. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(b) Mason-Dixon line.
5. What does the Sartoris family use for ink?
(b) Berry juice.
6. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The one who stole their horses.
(b) The ruthless one they heard about.
(c) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
(d) The one who they shot at.
7. Why is Philadelphy sobbing when Loosh and Granny confront each other?
(a) Because he doesn't want to leave the farm.
(b) Because she doesn't like confrontation.
(c) Because Granny is sad.
(d) Because she knows Loosh is wrong.
8. After Granny returns home, where is the silver?
(a) With the slaves.
(b) With the Union soldiers.
(d) In the farmhouse.
9. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
(a) A make-shift shack.
(b) An abandoned farmhouse.
(c) Joby's cabin.
(d) In the woods.
10. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
(a) More silver.
(b) Three slaves.
(c) Union prisoners.
(d) Two new horses.
11. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) His first.
(b) None of them.
(c) His second.
(d) His pretend regiment.
12. How did Bayard's mother die?
(a) In childbirth.
(b) It's still a mystery.
(c) A farming accident.
(d) In the war.
13. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(a) A horse.
(c) A wagon.
14. Why is Drusilla relieved by the war?
(a) She can finally free her slaves.
(b) She can make a profit.
(c) She can live the life she wants.
(d) She always wanted an independent country.
15. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
(b) "The whole army."
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
2. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
3. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
4. When the Union soldiers arrive at Sartoris' house looking for him, he escapes by pretending to be a deaf _______.
5. The Union prisoners escape but leave their _______ behind.
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)