|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
(a) The Confederate General.
(b) Colonel Sartoris.
(c) The Union General.
(d) Colonel Dick.
2. What is Drusilla very accomplished in?
(d) Horse riding.
3. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
(a) An abandoned farmhouse.
(b) A make-shift shack.
(c) Joby's cabin.
(d) In the woods.
4. "Retreat" begins ______ after the conclusion of "Ambuscade."
(a) Two days.
(b) Six months.
(c) A week.
(d) One year.
5. What is Drusilla's main goal?
(a) To free the slaves.
(b) To own her own land.
(c) Joining Sartoris' regiment.
(d) To get married.
6. Why is Granny able to return home safely after visiting Colonel Dick?
(a) She has Bayard to protect her.
(b) The other Union troops are afraid of her.
(c) She takes a back road home.
(d) He writes her a letter for protection.
7. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
(a) Her mules.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her fists.
(d) An umbrella.
8. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They took his silver.
(b) They bribe him to join them.
(c) They are winning the war.
(d) He can't protect his family.
9. Where does Loosh sneak off to in the middle of the night?
10. How does Bayard feel about taking orders from this father?
11. What does the Sartoris family use for ink?
(a) Berry juice.
12. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
(b) It's illegal.
(c) The Union is coming.
(d) They want to appear modest.
13. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She curses them.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She shoots at them.
14. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
(a) They were too slow.
(b) They ate too much food.
(c) They didn't want to leave.
(d) They were too noisy.
15. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Union soldiers arrive at Sartoris' house looking for him, he escapes by pretending to be a deaf _______.
2. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
3. After Granny returns home, where is the silver?
4. While working, Bayard pretends to be who?
5. Why is Granny unable to pull herself out of the river?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)