|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
(a) They may die.
(b) They will also leave her behind.
(c) They will return home.
(d) They will help her safety.
2. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
(a) A gun.
(b) Her mules.
(c) Her fists.
(d) An umbrella.
3. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
(b) The ruthless one they heard about.
(c) The one who stole their horses.
(d) The one who they shot at.
4. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
(a) Two new horses.
(b) More silver.
(c) Union prisoners.
(d) Three slaves.
5. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Four hours.
6. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She curses them.
(c) She cries.
(d) She shoots at them.
7. Bayard remarks that, between he and Ringo, skin color and smarts didn't count anymore. What does count, in his eyes?
(a) Their ability.
(b) Their courage.
(c) What they'd seen or done.
(d) Their age.
8. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
(a) They are frightened by the scene at the river.
(b) They will have food and shelter.
(c) The Colonel orders them to.
(d) They want to steal her silver.
9. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(a) A wagon.
(d) A horse.
10. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Confederates?
(a) He doesn't have enough resources for his regiment.
(b) He is betrayed by them.
(c) They set his slaves free.
(d) They take advantage of his family.
11. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
(a) The changing norm of women.
(b) The ruthlessness of humanity.
(c) The effects of war.
(d) The fight to survive.
12. Ringo and Bayard are _____ years old in "Raid."
13. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He was found to be a traitor.
(d) He lost a poker game.
14. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
(a) In the woods.
(b) A make-shift shack.
(c) Joby's cabin.
(d) An abandoned farmhouse.
15. What is the main reason Granny profits from her meeting with Colonel Dick?
(a) He believes she is on his side.
(b) He misheard her story.
(c) Colonel Dick is loyal to the South.
(d) She is sweet and innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Drusilla very accomplished in?
2. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
3. Why do Ringo and Bayard spy on Loosh?
4. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
5. While working, Bayard pretends to be who?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)