|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
(a) The fight to survive.
(b) The changing norm of women.
(c) The ruthlessness of humanity.
(d) The effects of war.
2. What happened at Vicksburg?
(a) It formed its own nation.
(b) Everyone evacuated.
(c) It was overthrown by the Confederates.
(d) It fell to the Union.
3. Why does Granny scold Ringo and Bayard?
(a) For cursing.
(b) For coming to her.
(c) For not bathing.
(d) For shooting.
4. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He gives her advise.
(b) He gives her more silver and mules.
(c) He helps her cross the river.
(d) He hugs her.
5. Granny's wagon is pushed into the river by a "_____" of slaves.
6. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) The Union is coming.
(b) They want to appear modest.
(c) It's illegal.
(d) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
7. Why do many slaves begin betraying their masters?
(a) They get money for information.
(b) The Union promises them freedom for their help.
(c) Because they are fed up.
(d) They see an opportunity for payback.
8. What is the main reason Granny profits from her meeting with Colonel Dick?
(a) Colonel Dick is loyal to the South.
(b) He misheard her story.
(c) He believes she is on his side.
(d) She is sweet and innocent.
9. While working, Bayard pretends to be who?
(a) One of his father's soldiers.
(b) A professional carpenter.
(c) His father.
(d) A Union soldier.
10. Why is Philadelphy sobbing when Loosh and Granny confront each other?
(a) Because she knows Loosh is wrong.
(b) Because she doesn't like confrontation.
(c) Because he doesn't want to leave the farm.
(d) Because Granny is sad.
11. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
12. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
(a) The regiment is weak.
(b) He has more weapons.
(c) He pretends to have a larger regiment.
(d) He lures them away from their camp.
13. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A gun.
(c) Her mules.
(d) Her fists.
14. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They are winning the war.
(b) They bribe him to join them.
(c) He can't protect his family.
(d) They took his silver.
15. Why does Granny read recipes to Ringo and Bayard?
(a) To entertain them.
(b) To teach them.
(c) To put them to sleep.
(d) To distract them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosa Miller's relation to Sartoris?
2. Why is Ringo not concerned about leaving Granny alone?
3. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
4. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
5. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)