|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
(a) They stage a riot.
(b) They vote.
(c) They tie him up and leave him behind.
(d) They can't.
2. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
(a) Ten hours.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four hours.
3. What happened at Vicksburg?
(a) It was overthrown by the Confederates.
(b) Everyone evacuated.
(c) It formed its own nation.
(d) It fell to the Union.
4. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
(a) A train wreck.
(b) Iron knights.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) Mythical gods.
5. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
6. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
(a) They want her to wait for Sartoris.
(b) They think she's up to no good.
(c) They want her to bring something back for them.
(d) They think the Union will find her.
7. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
(a) The finish line.
(b) The gates of heaven.
(c) The promised land.
8. What do Ringo and Bayard steal after being ambushed?
(b) A wagon.
(c) A horse.
9. Ringo and Bayard are _____ years old in "Raid."
10. What does Drusilla tell Granny the Union troops are not letting the slaves do?
(a) Fight with them.
(b) Cross the river.
(c) Return home.
(d) Eat their food.
11. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
(a) They didn't want to leave.
(b) They were too noisy.
(c) They were too slow.
(d) They ate too much food.
12. Why can't Sartoris stay with his mother-in-law?
(a) He can't stand her.
(b) There is a new battle.
(c) She doesn't have food to feed them all.
(d) The Yankees are looking for him.
13. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
(a) They want to steal her silver.
(b) They are frightened by the scene at the river.
(c) The Colonel orders them to.
(d) They will have food and shelter.
14. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
(a) The fight to survive.
(b) The changing norm of women.
(c) The effects of war.
(d) The ruthlessness of humanity.
15. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She shoots at them.
(c) She curses them.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason Granny profits from her meeting with Colonel Dick?
2. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
3. When the Union soldiers arrive at Sartoris' house looking for him, he escapes by pretending to be a deaf _______.
4. Why is Drusilla relieved by the war?
5. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)