|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Loosh argues that he is as just as _______.
(c) The Union.
2. Why can't Sartoris stay with his mother-in-law?
(a) There is a new battle.
(b) She doesn't have food to feed them all.
(c) He can't stand her.
(d) The Yankees are looking for him.
3. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
(a) An abandoned farmhouse.
(b) A make-shift shack.
(c) Joby's cabin.
(d) In the woods.
4. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
(a) Iron knights.
(b) Mythical gods.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) A train wreck.
5. What is Drusilla very accomplished in?
(d) Horse riding.
6. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
7. Where does Loosh sneak off to in the middle of the night?
8. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They bribe him to join them.
(b) They are winning the war.
(c) They took his silver.
(d) He can't protect his family.
9. What does Drusilla tell Granny the Union troops are not letting the slaves do?
(a) Return home.
(b) Fight with them.
(c) Eat their food.
(d) Cross the river.
10. At the beginning of "Retreat," where is the Sartoris family fleeing?
11. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) None of them.
(b) His pretend regiment.
(c) His first.
(d) His second.
12. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
(a) She cries.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She shoots at them.
(d) She curses them.
13. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
(a) They think she's up to no good.
(b) They want her to bring something back for them.
(c) They think the Union will find her.
(d) They want her to wait for Sartoris.
14. Why is Granny able to return home safely after visiting Colonel Dick?
(a) The other Union troops are afraid of her.
(b) He writes her a letter for protection.
(c) She takes a back road home.
(d) She has Bayard to protect her.
15. Bayard remarks that, between he and Ringo, skin color and smarts didn't count anymore. What does count, in his eyes?
(a) Their age.
(b) Their courage.
(c) What they'd seen or done.
(d) Their ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Ambuscade" Bayard believes the front lines are in ______.
2. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
3. What is the main reason Granny profits from her meeting with Colonel Dick?
4. What is Drusilla's main goal?
5. What happened at Vicksburg?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)