|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosa Miller's relation to Sartoris?
(a) She is his employee.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his mother-in-law.
2. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(b) Mason-Dixon line.
3. Ringo asks Bayard who he thinks Granny dreamed about. Bayard says ______.
(c) A stranger.
(d) His father.
4. How does Bayard balance his gun?
(a) On his knee.
(b) On Ringo's back.
(c) On his arm.
(d) On a log.
5. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
(a) They want her to bring something back for them.
(b) They think the Union will find her.
(c) They think she's up to no good.
(d) They want her to wait for Sartoris.
6. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
(a) Colonel Dick.
(b) The Union General.
(c) Colonel Sartoris.
(d) The Confederate General.
7. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
(a) She tells him the story of her mules being stolen.
(b) She pretends to be injured.
(c) She tells a story of her starving grandchildren.
(d) She tells him a story about the abusive Confederates.
8. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
(a) She doesn't trust the people inside.
(b) She wants to stay with the silver.
(c) She likes the open air.
(d) It's too dirty.
9. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They bribe him to join them.
(b) He can't protect his family.
(c) They are winning the war.
(d) They took his silver.
10. Granny's wagon is pushed into the river by a "_____" of slaves.
11. At the beginning of "Retreat," where is the Sartoris family fleeing?
12. At the beginning of "Raid," where is the Sartoris family forced to live?
(a) In Granny's house.
(b) In an inn.
(c) In the slave quarters.
(d) In a tent.
13. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
(a) He lures them away from their camp.
(b) He pretends to have a larger regiment.
(c) The regiment is weak.
(d) He has more weapons.
14. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
(a) The floor.
(b) A bag of laundry.
(c) A trunk.
(d) The stove.
15. How does Bayard feel about taking orders from this father?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
2. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
3. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
4. How does Buck decide which slaves he sets free?
5. How did the Union discover the silver?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)