|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
(c) "The whole army."
2. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
(a) He respects her resolve.
(b) He's tired of looking.
(c) He feels bad for intruding.
(d) He believes her story.
3. The Union prisoners escape but leave their _______ behind.
4. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
(a) The floor.
(b) The stove.
(c) A trunk.
(d) A bag of laundry.
5. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He gives her advise.
(c) He gives her more silver and mules.
(d) He helps her cross the river.
6. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
(a) She curses them.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She shoots at them.
7. How does Buck decide which slaves he sets free?
(a) He sets the older ones free.
(b) He draws names from a hat.
(c) Whoever does better work.
(d) He waits for signs from God.
8. Why does Sartoris return home at the beginning of "The Unvanquished"?
(a) To bring a message.
(b) To oversee the livestock pen.
(c) He's fallen ill.
(d) He was expelled from his regiment.
9. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(b) Mason-Dixon line.
10. What is the main reason Granny profits from her meeting with Colonel Dick?
(a) He misheard her story.
(b) He believes she is on his side.
(c) Colonel Dick is loyal to the South.
(d) She is sweet and innocent.
11. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
12. Where does Loosh sneak off to in the middle of the night?
13. Where do Granny and Bayard end up living?
(a) An abandoned farmhouse.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Joby's cabin.
(d) A make-shift shack.
14. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) It's illegal.
(b) The Union is coming.
(c) They want to appear modest.
(d) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
15. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
(a) The ruthlessness of humanity.
(b) The effects of war.
(c) The fight to survive.
(d) The changing norm of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
2. Why do Ringo and Bayard spy on Loosh?
3. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
4. Bayard remarks that, between he and Ringo, skin color and smarts didn't count anymore. What does count, in his eyes?
5. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)