|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
(a) They can't.
(b) They stage a riot.
(c) They vote.
(d) They tie him up and leave him behind.
2. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The one who stole their horses.
(b) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
(c) The ruthless one they heard about.
(d) The one who they shot at.
3. What is Rosa Miller's relation to Sartoris?
(a) She is his mother-in-law.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his employee.
4. Ringo and Bayard are _____ years old in "Raid."
5. What was Granny's disturbing dream at the beginning of "Retreat"?
(a) Someone burns her house.
(b) Someone finds their silver.
(c) Someone takes Bayard.
(d) The Union wins the war.
6. Loosh argues that he is as just as _______.
(b) The Union.
7. Which soldier does Bayard shoot at?
(a) The Colonel.
(b) The oldest.
(c) The first one he sees.
(d) The biggest and strongest.
8. How does Drusilla change her appearance after her fiancé and father die?
(a) She dresses more feminine.
(b) She dresses provocatively.
(c) She dresses like a man.
(d) She dresses all in black.
9. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(a) Mason-Dixon line.
10. How does Bayard feel about taking orders from this father?
11. Why does Granny pray after the soldiers leave?
(a) To ask for forgiveness for the boys shooting.
(b) To ask that they don't come back looking.
(c) To ask for forgiveness for lying.
(d) To ask for the safe return of her son.
12. Before bed, with the silver in her room, what does Granny do for the first time ever?
(b) Turns her light off.
(c) Tells Bayard a story.
(d) Locks her door.
13. Why is Drusilla relieved by the war?
(a) She can live the life she wants.
(b) She can finally free her slaves.
(c) She always wanted an independent country.
(d) She can make a profit.
14. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
(a) The floor.
(b) A bag of laundry.
(c) A trunk.
(d) The stove.
15. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
(a) He has more weapons.
(b) He lures them away from their camp.
(c) He pretends to have a larger regiment.
(d) The regiment is weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time Drusilla saw the railroad, she says it was ______.
2. At the beginning of "Raid," where is the Sartoris family forced to live?
3. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
4. Where does Granny hide Ringo and Bayard?
5. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)