Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They are winning the war.
(b) They took his silver.
(c) He can't protect his family.
(d) They bribe him to join them.
2. Why is Philadelphy sobbing when Loosh and Granny confront each other?
(a) Because Granny is sad.
(b) Because he doesn't want to leave the farm.
(c) Because she doesn't like confrontation.
(d) Because she knows Loosh is wrong.
3. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
(a) A train wreck.
(b) Mythical gods.
(c) Iron knights.
(d) Dogs and cats.
4. What happened at Vicksburg?
(a) It formed its own nation.
(b) It was overthrown by the Confederates.
(c) Everyone evacuated.
(d) It fell to the Union.
5. Ringo is lass of a slave and more of a ______ to Bayard.
6. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
7. Faulkner compares the slaves' migration like racing to:
(b) The finish line.
(c) The gates of heaven.
(d) The promised land.
8. Bayard remarks that, between he and Ringo, skin color and smarts didn't count anymore. What does count, in his eyes?
(a) Their courage.
(b) Their ability.
(c) What they'd seen or done.
(d) Their age.
9. Which regiment was Sartoris voted out of?
(a) His second.
(b) None of them.
(c) His pretend regiment.
(d) His first.
10. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The ruthless one they heard about.
(b) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
(c) The one who stole their horses.
(d) The one who they shot at.
11. "Retreat" begins ______ after the conclusion of "Ambuscade."
(a) Two days.
(b) Six months.
(c) A week.
(d) One year.
12. Why does Granny pray after the soldiers leave?
(a) To ask for forgiveness for the boys shooting.
(b) To ask for the safe return of her son.
(c) To ask for forgiveness for lying.
(d) To ask that they don't come back looking.
13. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
(a) Union prisoners.
(b) More silver.
(c) Three slaves.
(d) Two new horses.
14. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
15. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
(a) He lost a poker game.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He was found to be a traitor.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Granny's wagon is pushed into the river by a "_____" of slaves.
2. Why do many slaves begin betraying their masters?
3. Loosh argues that he is as just as _______.
4. When the Union soldiers arrive at Sartoris' house looking for him, he escapes by pretending to be a deaf _______.
5. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)