|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened at Vicksburg?
(a) It formed its own nation.
(b) Everyone evacuated.
(c) It was overthrown by the Confederates.
(d) It fell to the Union.
2. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
(a) Mythical gods.
(b) Iron knights.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) A train wreck.
3. What is Rosa Miller's relation to Sartoris?
(a) She is his mother-in-law.
(b) She is his mother.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his employee.
4. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
(a) He was found to be a traitor.
(b) He broke his leg.
(c) He lost a poker game.
(d) He ran away.
5. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The ruthless one they heard about.
(b) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
(c) The one who stole their horses.
(d) The one who they shot at.
6. At the beginning of "Retreat," where is the Sartoris family fleeing?
7. How does Drusilla change her appearance after her fiancé and father die?
(a) She dresses all in black.
(b) She dresses provocatively.
(c) She dresses like a man.
(d) She dresses more feminine.
8. What was Granny's disturbing dream at the beginning of "Retreat"?
(a) Someone takes Bayard.
(b) Someone finds their silver.
(c) The Union wins the war.
(d) Someone burns her house.
9. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Confederates?
(a) They take advantage of his family.
(b) He doesn't have enough resources for his regiment.
(c) They set his slaves free.
(d) He is betrayed by them.
10. Why do Ringo and Bayard spy on Loosh?
(a) They are playing a game.
(b) They think he knows something.
(c) They find his movements interesting.
(d) They think he's stealing.
11. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
12. Ringo is lass of a slave and more of a ______ to Bayard.
13. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
(c) "The whole army."
14. After Granny returns home, where is the silver?
(a) With the slaves.
(c) In the farmhouse.
(d) With the Union soldiers.
15. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
(a) They will also leave her behind.
(b) They will return home.
(c) They will help her safety.
(d) They may die.
Short Answer Questions
1. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
2. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
3. In "Ambuscade" Bayard believes the front lines are in ______.
4. Where does Granny hide Ringo and Bayard?
5. Why didn't Sartoris let both McCaslin brothers enlist?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)