|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ringo and Bayard are _____ years old in "Raid."
2. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
(a) They think she's up to no good.
(b) They want her to bring something back for them.
(c) They want her to wait for Sartoris.
(d) They think the Union will find her.
3. What does the Sartoris family use for ink?
(b) Berry juice.
4. How does Buck decide which slaves he sets free?
(a) He sets the older ones free.
(b) He waits for signs from God.
(c) He draws names from a hat.
(d) Whoever does better work.
5. Why can't Sartoris stay with his mother-in-law?
(a) She doesn't have food to feed them all.
(b) The Yankees are looking for him.
(c) There is a new battle.
(d) He can't stand her.
6. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He gives her advise.
(c) He gives her more silver and mules.
(d) He helps her cross the river.
7. Why is Sartoris able to take the Union regiment prisoner so easily?
(a) He pretends to have a larger regiment.
(b) The regiment is weak.
(c) He lures them away from their camp.
(d) He has more weapons.
8. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
(a) They may die.
(b) They will help her safety.
(c) They will also leave her behind.
(d) They will return home.
9. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
(a) A trunk.
(b) The floor.
(c) A bag of laundry.
(d) The stove.
10. At the beginning of "Retreat," where is the Sartoris family fleeing?
11. How did the Union discover the silver?
(a) They have a sixth sense.
(b) Loosh tells them.
(c) Sartoris tells them.
(d) They followed Granny home.
12. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(b) Mason-Dixon line.
13. While working, Bayard pretends to be who?
(a) A Union soldier.
(b) His father.
(c) A professional carpenter.
(d) One of his father's soldiers.
14. When the Union soldiers arrive at Sartoris' house looking for him, he escapes by pretending to be a deaf _______.
(d) Union soldier.
15. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the family hiding their silver?
2. Why is Granny unable to pull herself out of the river?
3. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
4. What does Granny offer to Colonel Dick?
5. Drusilla views her new life as _______.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)