|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Ringo and Bayard wait on the road?
(a) A week.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Four hours.
2. The last time Drusilla saw the railroad, she says it was ______.
(b) A battle ground.
(c) In tact.
(d) Being rebuilt.
3. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The one who they shot at.
(b) The one who stole their horses.
(c) The ruthless one they heard about.
(d) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
4. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
(a) Colonel Dick.
(b) The Union General.
(c) Colonel Sartoris.
(d) The Confederate General.
5. Why do Ringo and Bayard spy on Loosh?
(a) They think he's stealing.
(b) They find his movements interesting.
(c) They think he knows something.
(d) They are playing a game.
6. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
(a) She pretends to be injured.
(b) She tells a story of her starving grandchildren.
(c) She tells him a story about the abusive Confederates.
(d) She tells him the story of her mules being stolen.
7. Why is Granny unable to pull herself out of the river?
(a) She's lazy.
(b) She's going down stream.
(c) She's fainted.
(d) She's weak
8. What is Drusilla very accomplished in?
(b) Horse riding.
9. Ringo is lass of a slave and more of a ______ to Bayard.
10. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
(b) The Union is coming.
(c) They want to appear modest.
(d) It's illegal.
11. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
(a) The Colonel orders them to.
(b) They will have food and shelter.
(c) They want to steal her silver.
(d) They are frightened by the scene at the river.
12. Why can't Sartoris stay with his mother-in-law?
(a) She doesn't have food to feed them all.
(b) He can't stand her.
(c) There is a new battle.
(d) The Yankees are looking for him.
13. Why do the Confederate troops encourage Granny to go back home?
(a) They want her to wait for Sartoris.
(b) They want her to bring something back for them.
(c) They think she's up to no good.
(d) They think the Union will find her.
14. What does the Sartoris family hide their silver in?
(a) A trunk.
(b) The floor.
(c) A bag of laundry.
(d) The stove.
15. Where does Loosh sneak off to in the middle of the night?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ringo and Bayard are _____ years old in "Raid."
2. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
3. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
4. How did the Union discover the silver?
5. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)