|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Union ambushes Granny, Ringo and Bayard, Granny fights them off with _______.
(a) An umbrella.
(b) Her mules.
(c) A gun.
(d) Her fists.
2. Why didn't Sartoris let both McCaslin brothers enlist?
(a) They're too old.
(b) They're not serious enough.
(c) There are too many soldiers.
(d) They are loyal to the Union.
3. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
(a) She pretends to be injured.
(b) She tells a story of her starving grandchildren.
(c) She tells him a story about the abusive Confederates.
(d) She tells him the story of her mules being stolen.
4. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
(b) They want to appear modest.
(c) It's illegal.
(d) The Union is coming.
5. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
(a) He feels bad for intruding.
(b) He believes her story.
(c) He respects her resolve.
(d) He's tired of looking.
6. After Granny returns home, where is the silver?
(b) With the slaves.
(c) With the Union soldiers.
(d) In the farmhouse.
7. Which soldier does Bayard shoot at?
(a) The biggest and strongest.
(b) The first one he sees.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The oldest.
8. Loosh argues that he is as just as _______.
(a) The Union.
9. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
(c) Mason-Dixon line.
10. How do members of regiments expel their colonel?
(a) They stage a riot.
(b) They vote.
(c) They tie him up and leave him behind.
(d) They can't.
11. Ringo and Bayard have growing ______ to protect their town.
12. Drusilla compares the fighting Confederates and Union on the railroad to ______.
(a) Iron knights.
(b) Dogs and cats.
(c) Mythical gods.
(d) A train wreck.
13. How does Colonel Dick compensate Granny?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He helps her cross the river.
(c) He gives her more silver and mules.
(d) He gives her advise.
14. Why is Granny able to return home safely after visiting Colonel Dick?
(a) She takes a back road home.
(b) The other Union troops are afraid of her.
(c) She has Bayard to protect her.
(d) He writes her a letter for protection.
15. Which Union regiment does Sartoris encounter with Ringo and Bayard?
(a) The ruthless one they heard about.
(b) The one who they shot at.
(c) The one who stole their horses.
(d) The one holding Sartoris hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. While playing Civil War, who does Ringo want to play?
2. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
3. How does Bayard balance his gun?
4. How does Drusilla change her appearance after her fiancé and father die?
5. Where does Granny hide Ringo and Bayard?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)