Short Essay Questions Key
1. Does Bayard glorify his father? How and why does he regard him the way he does?
2. Does Bayard understand the Civil War? How does he see it?
3. Why is the Sartoris family burying their silver?
4. Why do the Bayard and Ringo keep an eye on Loosh?
5. Why does Bayard believe that "we are being set free"?
6. Why do Bayard and Ringo shoot at the Union soldiers?
7. Is Ringo more than a slave boy? How is he an equal or still inferior?
8. Why does Granny become relieved at one point when the Union soldiers are searching her house?
9. Why does Colonel Dick leave Granny's house?
10. After the Union soldiers leave her house, what is Granny most concerned with?
11. Why is Granny particularly paranoid about the chest of silver in "Retreat"?
12. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting with the army?
13. How does Uncle Buck manage his slaves? Is this unusual?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)