|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Odor of Verbena: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Drusilla wears verbena in her hair to cover the smell of "horses and ______."
2. How did Aunt Louisa feel about Drusilla going to war?
(a) She didn't know.
(b) She was proud.
(c) She was on the fence.
(d) She was appalled.
3. Why can't Buck continue on with the boys?
(a) His wound is too infected.
(b) He is too old and tired.
(c) He has to take Ab back to town.
(d) He's banned from the next town.
4. What occupies Drusilla's time when she returns home from the war?
(a) Making plans to overthrow the Union.
(b) Needlepoint and laundry.
(c) Rebuilding Sartoris' house.
(d) Cleaning up the town.
5. What does Drusilla tell Granny the Union troops are not letting the slaves do?
(a) Fight with them.
(b) Eat their food.
(c) Cross the river.
(d) Return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the war, Benbow was ______.
2. Where do Bayard and Ringo hear Ab has gone?
3. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
4. At the beginning of "Ambuscade," what map is Bayard drawing?
5. Why can't Sartoris stay with his mother-in-law?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)