|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through An Odor of Verbena: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Bayard able to identify Grumby's house?
(a) His horse.
(b) The Union flag in the window.
(c) His wagon.
(d) His clothes hanging outside.
2. Why is the family hiding their silver?
(a) They want to appear modest.
(b) Bayard and Ringo play with it too much.
(c) It's illegal.
(d) The Union is coming.
3. What does Redmond do after shooting at Bayard?
(a) Leaves town for good.
(b) Burns his office.
(c) Tries to shoot him again.
4. Why is Drusilla relieved by the war?
(a) She can finally free her slaves.
(b) She can make a profit.
(c) She always wanted an independent country.
(d) She can live the life she wants.
5. How many regiments has Colonel Sartoris made?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the stranger tell the group to look for Grumby in Alabama?
2. How did the Union discover the silver?
3. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
4. Where does Granny hide Ringo and Bayard?
5. How does Granny gain Colonel Dick's sympathy?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)