|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Skirmish at Sartoris: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
(a) He hints at their objective but doesn't say much.
(b) He stay silent until the man leaves.
(c) He makes up a story about a lost horse.
(d) He explains who they are looking for.
2. Why does Mrs. Compson approach Drusilla when she returns home?
(a) She wants to hear her stories.
(b) She was asked to intervene.
(c) She wants to make sure she's not injured.
(d) She wants to tell her the gossip.
3. How does Mrs. Compson know Louisa?
(a) She is from the same town.
(b) She was Drusilla's nanny.
(c) She's a friend of Granny.
(d) She is her sister.
4. While fleeing, why does Granny refuse to sleep in the farmhouse?
(a) She wants to stay with the silver.
(b) She doesn't trust the people inside.
(c) It's too dirty.
(d) She likes the open air.
5. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
(a) Union soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Uncle Buck fighting in the army?
2. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
3. Where does Loosh sneak off to in the middle of the night?
4. Why were the slave woman and her baby left behind?
5. What occupies all of Sartoris' time since returning from the war?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)