|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Skirmish at Sartoris: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sartoris is running against Benbow to become _______.
(a) Town representative.
2. How is Ab when Bayard, Ringo and Buck find him?
(a) He's cold, wet and lost.
(b) He's well fed and well dressed.
(c) He's tied to a tree.
(d) He is very ill.
3. Why did the stranger kill the black man for the boys to find?
(a) As a warning.
(b) As a sign.
(c) It was an accident.
(d) As a peace offering.
4. Why does Sartoris see himself as a victim to the Union?
(a) They bribe him to join them.
(b) They are winning the war.
(c) They took his silver.
(d) He can't protect his family.
5. What is Drusilla meant to represent?
(a) The ruthlessness of humanity.
(b) The changing norm of women.
(c) The effects of war.
(d) The fight to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the slaves are asked to carry the chest of silver up the stairs, they grumble and ______.
2. When his father returns home, Bayard observes he has the "smell of ______."
3. How forthcoming is Buck to the stranger?
4. In "Ambuscade" Bayard believes the front lines are in ______.
5. As the Union soldiers leave Sartoris' burning house, how does Granny respond?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)