|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Skirmish at Sartoris: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Philadelphy sobbing when Loosh and Granny confront each other?
(a) Because he doesn't want to leave the farm.
(b) Because she knows Loosh is wrong.
(c) Because she doesn't like confrontation.
(d) Because Granny is sad.
2. Why do many slaves decide to return to Jefferson with Granny?
(a) The Colonel orders them to.
(b) They will have food and shelter.
(c) They are frightened by the scene at the river.
(d) They want to steal her silver.
3. What was Granny saving some money from the scheme for?
(a) To make a new life after the war.
(b) To bail her cousin out of prison.
(c) To buy her slaves back.
(d) To hire a hit man.
4. After Bayard shoots, Ringo screams that who is coming after them?
(d) "The whole army."
5. After the encounter with the slave woman, what does Ringo predict?
(a) They will also leave her behind.
(b) They will return home.
(c) They may die.
(d) They will help her safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What first begins to concern Bayard about Ab's genuineness?
2. "Reposte in Tertio" takes place ______ after the conclusion of "Raid."
3. Bayard observes that although the war is tragic, he has never experiences such ______.
4. How do Ringo, Bayard, and Buck know they are on the right track to findings Grumby and Ab?
5. When Ringo and Bayard find Granny back home, what does she have?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)